Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

I'm guessing it's something along the lines of the doing 3+ movies a year thing until people stop caring. IE . - riding the horse till it falls to the ground. People are already saying we have too many Star Wars movies and they are just doing one a year of them. Granted, the MCU is different story lines, but it's really one big story where you almost have to see them all to understand whats going on in an Avenger movie.

Theres also the effect that Scott mentioned. Where do they go from here? They are cycling out their big stars and are throwing new ones out. Will people accept them? Will the movies be as well received? And will they just keep throwing movies and new characters out there regardless? I go see every MCU movies in the theaters, and I'm not real excited about whats coming up other than GOTG. I'll still go see them all, but at what point is too much, just too much?
1). On the topic of having to see all the movies... you sort of can start fresh once Phase 4 begins. Not completely as there will be sequels, but with the addition of many characters and no vast, overarching story anymore, it's easier to just jump in.

2.) Yeah, there's 3 MCU movies a year, but also think about how prior to this year, there had routinely been 5-6 Marvel movies a year when you count output from FOX and Sony. With The only X-Men movie left to be released New Mutants, X-Men will be sitting silent for awhile and even once they come back, they'll likely be back under the MCU brand, meaning the overall output of Marvel movies won't be as high.

I'm guessing it's something along the lines of the doing 3+ movies a year thing until people stop caring. IE . - riding the horse till it falls to the ground. People are already saying we have too many Star Wars movies and they are just doing one a year of them. Granted, the MCU is different story lines, but it's really one big story where you almost have to see them all to understand whats going on in an Avenger movie.

Theres also the effect that Scott mentioned. Where do they go from here? They are cycling out their big stars and are throwing new ones out. Will people accept them? Will the movies be as well received? And will they just keep throwing movies and new characters out there regardless? I go see every MCU movies in the theaters, and I'm not real excited about whats coming up other than GOTG. I'll still go see them all, but at what point is too much, just too much?
Many of the actors (and even characters) weren't big names before they were in MCU. And MCU stays fresh because each of the films has a unique tone - some are adventure,some are buddy films, a test film, a comedy, a romance, a war movie....

Of Marvel's releases under Disney, what honestly makes you think that they're going to run it into the ground? Plus, Feige has so much control there since everything he churns out has been gold, and he's the real mastermind behind the MCU. I trust the phases going forward will continue to be compelling. They've given me no reason to doubt them.

EDIT:
Unless you meant the MCU look when it comes to theme parks and the rides. If so then, I misunderstood originally.
End Game was titled appropriately , Gen 2 doesn't look promising.

Well at least X-Men and F4 will have a sense of relevancy again at the park to the GA, when the MCU versions eventually come out.

As a lifelong Marvel fan, I've always known Spider-Man, and the X-Men were Marvel's top dogs in the 90s, but I sometimes get the feeling a lot of people in the park don't know who the X-Men or the F4 are anymore.

Well at least X-Men and F4 will have a sense of relevancy again at the park to the GA, when the MCU versions eventually come out.

As a lifelong Marvel fan, I've always known Spider-Man, and the X-Men were Marvel's top dogs in the 90s, but I sometimes get the feeling a lot of people in the park don't know who the X-Men or the F4 are anymore.

Yeah, That is one caveat to what I said earlier. The Phase 5 or 6 or wherever X men drops should be big and have some solid story lines. I just think phase 4 is going to be a letdown. They need to give X men a cooling off period to get over the fatigue of the current story line. I do wonder if Phase 4 doesn't see the numbers they've come to expect from MCU movies, will they rush X-Men into the story?

F4 have never been done right cinematically. Hopefully that changes.

I don't know about MODOK and Kilmer (though that could be wild!), but I do think the long play would be to introduce Doom prior to him becoming an overt antagonist. Establish him as a diplomat, world leader, and former colleague of Reed Richards, and only hint at the sorcery/mad scientist stuff (which would gradually come to the forefront).

I don't know about MODOK and Kilmer (though that could be wild!), but I do think the long play would be to introduce Doom prior to him becoming an overt antagonist.
I could see it. Part of me can't help but feel it'd be in bad taste though.

Last edited: