Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

What holds people in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade?

The multitude of rides, The shows, The shopping experiences, that all present "iconic" locations and experiences you saw in the movies and read in the books.

SW:GE has flying the millennium falcon.

I'd say walking around Batu and checking out all the ships, visiting all the unique shops/restaurants, and having a drink at the cantina (with reservations) all will keep people in the land. You are selling the overall land a BIT short, don't you think?

Saying that GE should have been "an iconic location" is spilled milk at this point, and getting REALLY redundant. There is plenty to see and do in Batu.

Just find someone in the ticket line and say, "Hey, do you want a park hopper for $99?" Boom, you're in.

I don't have an AP, but you're right. That's a great idea if you can't find a friend to go with you and you really want to go by yourself. I don't think Disney will later unblock APs if attendance remains low. Otherwise, they'll piss off other APs who upgraded to get unblocked during the summer.

I was stating that this is essentially Disney's way of unblocking APs while still getting a full price 1-day park hopper ticket sale (2 x $99 promo vs. $199 peak season). If this promo doesn't boost attendance enough, then I can see their next move would be to allow APs to unblock for $99 without having to bring a friend.

Blackout dates are subject to change. How much you paid means nothing. Deluxe can have days added and signature can be blocked if park is at capacity.

It appears that the "crowds aren't coming for SWGE" story is getting bumped out beyond just theme park enthusiasts: Why is Galaxy's Edge So Empty: A Few Reasons – /Film

I really hope this isn't scaring the bean counters at Disney and Universal...
I can’t believe they’re out of so much of the key merch? If crowds are lighter than expected, but they sold more merch than expected, someone didn’t order enough stock.

I can’t believe they’re out of so much of the key merch? If crowds are lighter than expected, but they sold more merch than expected, someone didn’t order enough stock.
It's the Ebay resell effect. The same thing used to happen at DHS when they had Star Wars weekends. No way to stock enough since they'll buy everything up. True sales figures maybe 6 to 12 months down the line....Remember the Banshees at Pandora.

What holds people in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade?

The multitude of rides, The shows, The shopping experiences, that all present "iconic" locations and experiences you saw in the movies and read in the books.

SW:GE has flying the millennium falcon.

For 33% of guests who wait in line.

More likely that SWGE is performing well, just everything else is empty.
A product of people thinking it's packed when it's actually quite the opposite. I'm sure there has been a lot of "well Star Wars will have just opened" talk with people. I think it will pick up

Christmas will be interesting

A product of people thinking it's packed when it's actually quite the opposite. I'm sure there has been a lot of "well Star Wars will have just opened" talk with people. I think it will pick up

Christmas will be interesting

I gotta agree with @JungleSkip here...

It's a decent theory, but that gets tossed out the window when you consider how every busy period remains busy.

on Day 6 when I went they were out of a lot of merch. This is the one failure of the opening of the land. They should be experts on inventory management by now. I am going back tomorrow to see how bad it is.

They should know by now there there will be an Ebay effect. They should stock high in the beginning and then wait to see how sales work a couple months later before figuring out their regular base stock amounts.

Instead, it seems like they stock based on what they assume will be regular guest demand. Sell out. Act surprised. Raise the prices. Overstock. Aaaaand then you end up with banshees in the outlets stores.