Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Yeah, You know what, I thought there'd be much more different. Tank scene looks great. The sets look kind of tacked on in some places.

There should've been a much higher budget for this refresh.

Is this your opinion after riding the attraction?

I believe the ride will open july 22? I heard about some planned building for the media event starting on the 17th.

Something I just somewhat noticed, is that there are dinosaurs in Predator Cove..or at-least, a dead dinosaur.

View attachment 10085

I know everyone's already talked at length about Predator Cove, but if they were going to put Pteranodons in this location, I really wish they weren't "dead." Easily could've swapped out the old Dilophosaurus on the original raft with a Jurassic World raft and two or three Pteranodon animatronics either in the boat picking over some sort of carcass or perched around the area.

Just got back from the park. My son and I rode it when it first opened and got on pretty quickly, then about an hour wait for the second ride. We wanted to experience the que videos and such. Big upgrade on that front, although after looping a few times, I was done with them. Probably will do single rider next time. The screens are extreme wide screens, which is pretty unique (at least from parks I've been to). Pretty cool overall.

As far as the ride itself. It felt like a huge upgrade to me. The mososaur tank is great. I can't imagine nitpicking the supposed size, it's very immersive.

The Stego part is largely unchanged, outside of no compys. Can't tell if the baby Stegy has new animatronics, but it looked refreshed.

Predator Cove set a good tone. They could definitely add a destroyed boat or something, as it would be on brand with how the claw marks came off, which I liked.

Tyrannosaurus Kingdom was awesome. Great finale. I've been riding the original ride since shortly after it opened, and always thought that last part was too sparse. The old version had literal raptor statues. Now stuff is going on until the drop. It's fantastic. We had timing issues on the second ride, as the boat in front had stopped, but the old ride ALWAYS had timing issues. Trex often didn't work, even at the best of times.

Overall, great improvement to the ride. My 14 year old adored this ride his whole life, and he's over the moon on the upgrade. I try to look at the world through his eyes when I can, instead of my more cynical adult specs.

Had lunch at Jurassic Cafe after. Had some chorizo empanadas and some guacamole with plantain chips. Delicious!

I would urge those that can to ride the ride before forming opinions. It's very immersive. I purposely avoided POV ride videos for this one, as I knew I would be going soon.

Lil thing, are the dead pterodactyls in predator cove supposed to be props or "real" dinosaurs. They look really plasticky.
Given that they have chucks of flesh missing, I’d say they’re meant to be real.

Looks like dolphin skin to me though, not realistic Pterosaur skin on the wings, which should be so thin light shines through them in the films.

Given that they have chucks of flesh missing, I’d say they’re meant to be real.

Looks like dolphin skin to me though, not realistic Pterosaur skin on the wings, which should be so thin light shines through them in the films.
Yeah, I'm wondering if they'll upgrade those eventually. Likely not.

Just got back from the park. My son and I rode it when it first opened and got on pretty quickly, then about an hour wait for the second ride. We wanted to experience the que videos and such. Big upgrade on that front, although after looping a few times, I was done with them. Probably will do single rider next time. The screens are extreme wide screens, which is pretty unique (at least from parks I've been to). Pretty cool overall.

As far as the ride itself. It felt like a huge upgrade to me. The mososaur tank is great. I can't imagine nitpicking the supposed size, it's very immersive.

The Stego part is largely unchanged, outside of no compys. Can't tell if the baby Stegy has new animatronics, but it looked refreshed.

Predator Cove set a good tone. They could definitely add a destroyed boat or something, as it would be on brand with how the claw marks came off, which I liked.

Tyrannosaurus Kingdom was awesome. Great finale. I've been riding the original ride since shortly after it opened, and always thought that last part was too sparse. The old version had literal raptor statues. Now stuff is going on until the drop. It's fantastic. We had timing issues on the second ride, as the boat in front had stopped, but the old ride ALWAYS had timing issues. Trex often didn't work, even at the best of times.

Overall, great improvement to the ride. My 14 year old adored this ride his whole life, and he's over the moon on the upgrade. I try to look at the world through his eyes when I can, instead of my more cynical adult specs.

Had lunch at Jurassic Cafe after. Had some chorizo empanadas and some guacamole with plantain chips. Delicious!

I would urge those that can to ride the ride before forming opinions. It's very immersive. I purposely avoided POV ride videos for this one, as I knew I would be going soon.
This is exactly how I’m going to experience the ride. My 8-year old son wasn’t having any part of the original as he said it was too scary, but he loves the Mosa, Blue, Indom and Rexy. I showed him the ride POV and the first thing he said was “I am DEFINITELY going to ride that!” Can’t wait to experience his first Jurassic ride!

Relatively off topic but still on the topic of all of the negativity that I have seen from this refurb..

I’ve noticed a ton of growth in the theme park community over the last year or so. A lot of people entering seem to be kind of young and even possibly newly entering the theme park “scene.” A lot of the comments I have seen are ripping universal for making a very similar ride (Yes..even in only 9 months time. Not sure what they expected) and also for changing a classic. To those of them that seem to be really upset with this refurb, I have to wonder what they would have thought about the 9 month change from BTTF to Simpsons if they were around for that haha

Last edited:
Honestly, I could see Universal "adding" to this in the future. Who knows, some of the "dead" spots may have been designed with expand-ability in mind.

In the past, they added things to the original Jurassic Park such as the "wetter than ever", 3rd Dilo, etc, etc. This attraction is huge right now and everyone is so hyped about it. It's safe to say despite some of the bad reviews, it's definitely become a hit.
People I know that haven't been to Universal in years have seen the POV videos and want to go just for this. It's going to be Universal's baby child for a while and they'll want to keep it relevant for at least a couple years not to mention we still have more Jurassic World movies coming out.

Relatively off topic but still on the topic of all of the negativity that I have seen from this refurb..

I’ve noticed a ton of growth in the theme park community over the last year or so. A lot of people entering seem to be kind of young and even possibly newly entering the theme park “scene.” A lot of the comments I have seen are ripping universal for making a very similar ride (Yes..even in only 9 months time. Not sure what they expected) and also for changing a classic. To those of them that seem to be really upset with this refurb, I have to wonder what they would have thought about the 9 month change from BTTF to Simpsons if they were around for that haha

And on another level, people complaining about Hagrid's reliability as if this is the first attraction to have downtime due to technical issues.

My thoughts exactly. There seemed to be an entirely new group of people excited for JW, mostly stemming to the handful of YouTube construction update channels. Very cool to see the fandom for USH branching out as more people appreciate our lovely little park. And the fandom is only going to get bigger upon the arrival of the inevitable Lower Lot revamp. Excited for the future..