Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

If true, why wouldn't Universal want it ready to go for an opening date? It seems odd to me that a ride would be built knowing the main effect can't be installed until after opening.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It's something I have thought as well. I mean we all know that technical rehearsals are to work kinks and iron out problems, but full effects or animatronics not installed? Food for thought

Disney is a company that usually knows what it's doing (theme park wise). They have the ocasional flop and they do have blind spots but in general it's the king of theme parks for a reason. Mainly the very high standards Walt left behind. I take them as an example of how things can and should be run at theme parks and I will still be going on about how Disney does things if I please, thank you very much

Have you ridden Splash Mountain recently? Water rides are hard to maintain and the figures in it equally so. No excuse for how bad USH let JP go to crap but it's not like Disney is trying any harder.

If true, why wouldn't Universal want it ready to go for an opening date? It seems odd to me that a ride would be built knowing the main effect can't be installed until after opening.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe they knew that the full scope of the ride wouldn't be ready for "Summer" and they figured that what we have now was as close enough to their vision that people would still like it. I mean, by all accounts, the ride is complete, except for the fully body motion of the Indom fight. And those who've ridden it already will be clamoring to ride it all over again when they know the end is "new".

Maybe, but at this point who knows. My memory fails but has there ever been another ride opening that was as weird as this one at USH? We know about technical rehearsals and working kinks but the timing of this one seems a bit off, like Hagrid's.

Why do you think USH is inflating wait times? is it that they want to prepare you mentally for the amount of time you might experience even if it's way less or to discourage a lot of people from lining up on previews?

Disney inflates wait times. Uni inflates wait times. Hell all parks do. If you decide to get in a 120 minute line and are on the ride in 60 minutes you are happier than if you get in a 60 minute line and wait 60 minutes. Also, if there ends up being delays either for malfunction or for Timmy losing his lunch, you don't have guests flipping out because the sign said 60 minutes and they had to wait 61 minutes. It's pretty basic psychology.

Have you ridden Splash Mountain recently? Water rides are hard to maintain and the figures in it equally so. No excuse for how bad USH let JP go to crap but it's not like Disney is trying any harder.
Yes, I did, on Sunday. Do you mean about the animatronics? They got a recent refurb. But I agree, Splash Mountain has a bad rep with upkeep.

Will have an update within the hour for you
Thanks....and one of the many reasons IU is a great site...The members are most always on 'Good Lookin Out' mode....Same thing happening on the Hagrid threads. On site up dated observations. Where else do you see that.:cheers::thumbsup:

Maybe, but at this point who knows. My memory fails but has there ever been another ride opening that was as weird as this one at USH? We know about technical rehearsals and working kinks but the timing of this one seems a bit off, like Hagrid's.

Why do you think USH is inflating wait times? is it that they want to prepare you mentally for the amount of time you might experience even if it's way less or to discourage a lot of people from lining up on previews?

The same reason Disneyland is inflating their wait times for Smuggler's RUn.

Ride hiccups today-

This may sound odd, but honestly, seeing them off, even if it's a malfunction makes how they work even more wowing because the visuals already look great thanks the motion parallax. By that, I mean how the stuff like the plants already looked very convincing with the depth they gave off. This really is one of those rides where it's much better in person.