Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I was thinking kids only as well... and I was almost OK with this.

But there's a height requirement.... I believe the "ride alone" requirement is 42"? (Ride alone here I believe suggests that the parent/guardian needs to ride in another tube alongside the child if they are below 42".) If the parent cannot ride, this cannot be possible... are they going to relax this requirement?

I'm hoping this whole situation is temporary.
Exactly, there are many families that wont be able to ride together, therefore ridership will be decreased.

Maybe that's what they want, and btw, I don't think that weighing less will help anyone not face plant at the end

Reality is, the ride is very very fast

They’re one of my favorite slides... what could cause such a drastic change after the fact? Also for passholders you’re losing 4 attractions you had access to when you purchased the pass!

The fact that so many people are not allowed to ride is one thing. Then there's the fact that you have to stand on a scale in front of a line of people to see if you pass or fail, and a red light shows up if you weigh too much. Me being a man with a low body fat percentage, it didn't hurt my self esteem.... but I can imagine how bad this is making so many people feel as they get turned away as their skinnier friends are allowed to ride.

The fact that so many people are not allowed to ride is one thing. Then there's the fact that you have to stand on a scale in front of a line of people to see if you pass or fail, and a red light shows up if you weigh too much. Me being a man with a low body fat percentage, it didn't hurt my self esteem.... but I can imagine how bad this is making so many people feel as they get turned away as their skinnier friends are allowed to ride.

If they have a sign that says you must weigh less than 150 to ride in front of the scale, and you get on and are 250, you have no one to blame but yourself. You knew you weren't going to pass, so don't get on the scale if you have self esteem issues. Most everyone has an idea how much they weigh. You know if you are at least in the ballpark.

If they have a sign that says you must weigh less than 150 to ride in front of the scale, and you get on and are 250, you have no one to blame but yourself. You knew you weren't going to pass, so don't get on the scale if you have self esteem issues. Most everyone has an idea how much they weigh. You know if you are at least in the ballpark.
I don’t know about this one, (especially now since it’s a new limitation,) but most water park slides with weight limits I’ve seen, have the weight limits info buried in a block of text on the warnings sign, well after all the generic health warning stuff that people in good health tend to ignore since it doesn’t usually pertain to them.

I don’t know about this one, (especially now since it’s a new limitation,) but most water park slides with weight limits I’ve seen, have the weight limits info buried in a block of text on the warnings sign, well after all the generic health warning stuff that people in good health tend to ignore since it doesn’t usually pertain to them.

You got it - that’s exactly where it was listed. :) And it was the last “bullet point,” so to speak, so one had to really search for it.

For today, it appears they pasted on a rectangle of new text (looked kind of like a sticker), rather than changing out the entire sign.

You got it - that’s exactly where it was listed. :) And it was the last “bullet point,” so to speak, so one had to really search for it.

For today, it appears they pasted on a rectangle of new text (looked kind of like a sticker), rather than changing out the entire sign.
After a failed weigh in once (one of those combined weight limit ones at old wet n wild) I ALWAYS know to look now at most slides. But I don’t think I’d think twice about checking for a racer mat slide. Not only have I never seen one with a weight limit, but 150 is so low it’s almost crazy.

I legit had a hard time not going sideways on the racers and I'm in ok shape. That slide is tight. No doubt some other people get thrown around.

It's way, WAY worse when someone actually makes a tapu reservation for a slide, not realizing that there's a weight limit, and they've now wasted a chunk of their day to try to get on a major ride, only to be turned away at the station because of a red light. I've worked a few shifts at VB on that rotation and would be the guy that had to reject people and it's definitely awkward and no fun to do, because they would get mad at you. There's really nothing you could say to some people besides have one of the leads talk to them to explain the situation. Some of the slides don't have the scales until after you've climbed stairs, too.

This is crazy.

They need to get all this crap worked out and get new attractions online immediately.

With these slides out for me, there’s practically nothing but the watercoaster for me to ride slide wise. I hate the high towers and often go alone to water parks, so this really limits the park for me.

May as well just move the slide over to the kiddie area with that ridiculous weight limit. ....Anyone know if VB revenue/attendance is meeting projections this year. Last year it coming up short caused some resort issues.

May as well just move the slide over to the kiddie area with that ridiculous weight limit. ....Anyone know if VB revenue/attendance is meeting projections this year. Last year it coming up short caused some resort issues.
Yea, except you have to be at least 48 inches to ride alone. Kids 42 to 47 inches must be accompanied by an adult... so hopefully they have skinny parents I guess.

There are not many "healthy" adults who weight 150, let alone Florida tourists XD

Anndddddd this is why I don't do water parks. Seems poorly managed all around tbh. I think it'd look better to close the ride fully rather than have a 150 lb weight limit.