Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we might learn some cool basic structure of the park. Will it have a giant lagoon outfitted for giant water pageants much like TDS? Will this be designed for and be the goto park for massive fireworks shows? Structure might have us wondering and guessing for months.
Small lagoon behind the park. Smaller one in front of/part of one of the lands. No main lagoon at this park, given the hub and spoke.

I've heard there are other reasons why they're announcing it "early".

Spring 2023.

I appreciate your optimism!
I could imagine Nintendo being one of the reasons.
Do you expect there will be an extended soft opening period, if memory serves me right IOA had this. I assume they want everything running as perfect as possible in grand opening.

Reactions: richjagr
Small lagoon behind the park. Smaller one in front of/part of one of the lands. No main lagoon at this park, given the hub and spoke.
Omg. I imagine as soon as you exit the portal to whichever world has the lagoon, it will just hit you right in the face when you exit! Kinda like Volcano bays reveal, Bet you have to walk around it to get to the meat of the world as well. So exiting:grin::grin:

All of these reasons never stopped other parks from being completed within 3 years. I guess I just don’t get why we expect this park to be one of the longest theme park construction projects when Universal has a pattern of moving faster than the norm. I suppose it’s possible this park has unique challenges others haven’t had I guess. Like I said I don’t get it, but either way it’ll be fun to watch over the next few years.
Look at the recent parks that were completed in such a timeline... DCA, HKDL, WDSP, MGM Studios and billion dollar projects are still to this day being done to fix botched openings. DAK is the only quality park built in such a timeline and even then, it was still way under-built.

Parks that took more time like IOA, TDS, and SHDL (and USB) all are of much higher quality, or in USB’s case, look to be falling into this category.

Well, I looked over the grading plans and I don’t see any water feature at what I presume is the park entrance. I do see the large pond at the back of house.

Hmmm... not as enthused about this announcement as I might have been and I am not expecting the park will feature any IP or special feature that will flip my switch. But I will wait and watch along with the rest of you. Sorry to sound like the other well known Eeyore’s on here.

Question do we think there is a possibility for a Wizarding World hotel, that isn't in the canon. Like, let's say they do fantastic beasts as a land whether it's focused on Paris or New York we could see a large hotel with great theming that adds to the story of the movies. We've already seen that Universal was allowed to add to the canon with the Hagrid coaster, it's possible I think.

There's no parking for workers, no plumbing/electricity, and no roads. Not having ongoing park operations is a double-edged sword given the location.
There is very quick and easy solutions for all of those problems that are common in the construction industry. There is no way they're waiting for the infrastructure to be completed before they go vertical, that makes no sense. They will use generators, pumps, etc, as they do on many other large projects.

Reactions: rastuso
Status
Not open for further replies.