Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked this in the other thread and I'm wondering what others think.

With so much shopping and dining in the hub, do you think that we may see less shopping/dining in the actual lands?
I'm sticking to my assumption that there's no extra CW area. What we see is what we're getting. And if true, then the layout matches the amount of restaurants/shopping you'd get with CW smashed into IOA/USF.

Having dining/shopping in CW doesn't reduce the amount of shops/dining inside the parks, so I expect the same relationship here with hub to worlds.

But with all this being said, we don't exactly know that building is a restaurant/shop and what is an attraction.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I had heard that it was a ride and a walkthrough. I'm lumping another ride that, unless it's been cut, would only fit back there.

Intriguing. I'm guessing you think it fits back there because its general genre is closer to the Monsters than anything else in the park? Something horror/spooky-adjacent that isn't explicitly the Classic Monsters? Or do you mean "fit" in terms of physical size/location?

I asked this in the other thread and I'm wondering what others think.

With so much shopping and dining in the hub, do you think that we may see less shopping/dining in the actual lands?

Depends on what kind of shopping is going to be in the hub. Is it going to match the apparent non-IP theme of the hub? If so, I think we’ll see plenty of shopping in the individual lands to service those properties.

Based on nothing at all, I would guess the hub (and I'll lump in the entrance area with this, too) will contain at least one BIG all-purpose Park Store that will contain merch representing all of the lands and the park as a whole, then a small handful of other merchandise locations vaguely in the same theme as the "space/astronomy/discovery" theme we believe the hub to have.

And if there are one or two standalone IPs represented in the hub, there could be shopping options for those, too (I would think at least some merch carts, if not outright gift shops).

So it looks like there IS a dueling coaster?

I kinda thought they wouldn't dare try that again--I've always theorized that ending the dueling despite the metal detectors was part of the settlements.

Most of all, I'm hoping they don't stop showing attention to their current parks--probably my biggest concern about this (at least, one that can be discussed here).

Epic Universe is a MUCH better name than Fantastic Worlds.

I kinda thought they wouldn't dare try that again--I've always theorized that ending the dueling despite the metal detectors was part of the settlements.

Most of all, I'm hoping they don't stop showing attention to their current parks--probably my biggest concern about this.

I'm guessing that the new dueling coaster won't have as many close calls as Dueling Dragons. As long as the coasters don't go over/under each other like the inverts did, they'll be fine.

Also, I still can't believe that the headlining coasters for this park will be an innovative Donkey Kong coaster, a Hagrid-like HTTYD family coaster, and a freaking dueling coaster. Maybe Space Fantasy as well. Such a weird timeline that we're in.

Reactions: Mad Dog
In the hub, just before Transylvania ... could be anything of course, but possibly a spinner. a couple flats, and maybe even a dark ride (could be QSR)? A mini kids land? If not a spinner, possibly a mini "totem" like the full lands have.

ETA: maybe that whole side path is a mini land? Building a small dark ride, then, QSR and shop across the pathway.

It's Scooby... dang it someone beat me to it.

I bet this one is designed with preventing guest injury in mind. For example, Dueling Dragons had a section where both coasters flew at each other... which means the speed of a sandal flying off someone's foot is added to the speed of the person's face flying at said sandal, causing much more damage.

They could design this with the coasters only flying next to each other (never at each other), reducing both the likelihood of items flying off and hitting the other car, as well as the damage the items would cause.

Most of all, I'm hoping they don't stop showing attention to their current parks--probably my biggest concern about this.
Agreed. Unfortunately I think they will slow down for site a in 2022 and for sure in 2023... the Universal growth will be directed toward EU.

But after that though we should expect our regular 1-2 attractions per year at site a. Hopefully at least.

I think Epic Worlds would have rolled off the tongue a bit better... but I definitely like Epic Universe better than Fantastic Worlds.

Also, I think I'm unrealistically excited about Classic Monsters. The IP just lends itself well to dark rides...and taverns. :toast: Plus, DRACULA.

This park has something for everybody, and that's great. For thrill seekers, you have the dueling coaster and (presumably) the Classic Monsters kuka-arm. For kids, you have the entirety of the Nintendo section and most of HTTYD. And then everybody meets in the middle. Adults will love "kids" rides like Mario Kart. Kids will love "adult" rides like the dueling coaster. You don't want to ride anything? That's fine, here's some shows and play areas. This will probably be the best park I've ever been in if it turns out to be anything like the concept art.

Also, for flat rides we're currently looking at dueling Gerstlauer Sky-Flies (HTTYD), either a Zierer Jet-Ski or that Minions flat ride from Japan over the water (HTTYD), and a carousel in the hub. This is judging by the concept art of course.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.