Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know, but the agony for some UOR fans though lol. I know they will get something bigger than we have here in California, as four years imo seems like a long wait, especially during the beginning of the early 2020s.

Honestly, considering Orlando's going to get a massive overhaul of Jurassic Park (as seemingly the rumors and work seems to suggest); it's not exactly like Orlando's going to have nothing for 2021 that's their own.

To me, I actually see Nintendo doing what they were projecting Hogsmeade to do for Hollywood; in the best sense of the meaning. More-so in part, to that they'll be at a position to where it gives them an exclusivity time for the sake of most of the western audience that wouldn't plan a trip to Japan.

I know, but the agony for some UOR fans though lol. I know they will get something bigger than we have here in California, as four years imo seems like a long wait, especially during the beginning of the early 2020s.

I literally have no sympathy for them having to wait a mere 2 years for this considering all the exclusive cool things they get. They should wait 6 years like we did for Potter.

I would venture to say, that MK is going to be..a proper E-Ticket in time and length.

I hope so. Waiting all this time and it ends up being a short ride. That would be a let down. So the ride is on the first floor only? I was hoping it would be on both floors and that you would get to go up/down a ramp.

I would imagine the ride is going to be a bit more..winding than some may be thinking. At-least, as a guess when looking at the layout of the attraction so-far.

@Alicia gave a great article on the patents for Epic Universe in her own end; but I do think it's a good read to prepare for the sake of how Mariokart's going to deal with a few things, more to note in the subject of the speed of the attraction and the effects in-place.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm wondering how the parking situation is going to be when SNW opens. Will an additional parking structure need to be added? If so, where?

When I had an AP last year, I'd usually go on a weekend and try to arrive by 11 am. I'd usually have to park in the E.T. structure on level 4-7, sometimes even on the roof if I get there by noon or later if it was a busy day. That's almost at capacity. I believe the park has a max capacity of around 45,000 people. I imagine SNW would add at least 5-8,000 people to its capacity. If on average, each car has four people, up to 2,000 parking spaces or more would be needed. That's almost half of the E.T. parking garage.

I'm wondering how the parking situation is going to be when SNW opens. Will an additional parking structure need to be added? If so, where?

When I had an AP last year, I'd usually go on a weekend and try to arrive by 11 am. I'd usually have to park in the E.T. structure on level 4-7, sometimes even on the roof if I get there by noon or later if it was a busy day. That's almost at capacity. I believe the park has a max capacity of around 45,000 people. I imagine SNW would add at least 5-8,000 people to its capacity. If on average, each car has four people, up to 2,000 parking spaces or more would be needed. That's almost half of the E.T. parking garage.

The only possible option that doesn't go to where the former ballpark set is (which..I doubt will be used for the near future), is extending the Jurassic Parking structure even more to take a small portion of the ground parking.

EDIT:

upload_2019-8-15_22-18-20.png

Something like this could work really well, and they could have it as a way to further give more entrance and exit points to CityLoft.

(From everything I've read) the ride should FEEL long even though you're only gonna travel at like 6 MPH tops lol. Forced perspective long with an actual moving vehicle on top of scenery and blended environments is gonna make this a truly one of a kid attraction.

I'm going to pinch myself when this opens. Nintendo is the epitome of my childhood, add to that in my HOME PARK with potential for expansion.. just thank you Uni creative. I can't even imagine how empty my pockets will be from merchandise.

The only possible option that doesn't go to where the former ballpark set is (which..I doubt will be used for the near future), is extending the Jurassic Parking structure even more to take a small portion of the ground parking.

EDIT:

View attachment 10570

Something like this could work really well, and they could have it as a way to further give more entrance and exit points to CityLoft.

While that may be feasible, I wonder if it's possible to add more levels to the existing Curious George or E.T. parking structures. A few more levels on each structure can add a few thousand parking spaces while preserving the Preferred parking lot for other uses in the future. I have no idea if the city/county would even allow for adding to existing parking structures.

Unless things have changed over the past 2 years, Universal is not able build on that lot. It has something to do with city lines crossing that area. If things have changed I would assume another (smaller) structure would go there along side a hotel. I wouldn't mind them tearing down that entire wing of city-walk from Angl to Billabong because of how lackluster it is.

Any chance that SNW might stay open during HHN?

I feel like it'll be a bridge of discussion to go down, when we reach to HHN around the time SNW opens.. however, it can be fair to keep in mind, of how Hogsmeade has only had one time, to when they opened the land during the event. And when they did, it was on only one weekend of the event.

Could it be possible? Maybe? But it's too early to get into that discussion IMO.

Unless things have changed over the past 2 years, Universal is not able build on that lot. It has something to do with city lines crossing that area. If things have changed I would assume another (smaller) structure would go there along side a hotel. I wouldn't mind them tearing down that entire wing of city-walk from Angl to Billabong because of how lackluster it is.
YOu are correct. That flat parking lot is in the City of Los Angeles. The City would require a parking tax and USH would have to turn over part of their profit to the City.

With the few cars that park there now, the amount is not that much. But put multiple levels with more spots, the money adds up.