Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if the dueling coasters will actually have something that connects the both of them. Either racing, or passing each other, or whatever. I think a really cool thing would be a dual launch at the beginning. Same time, same speed, then car on the left spurts off to the left, and the right goes to the right. Could be really fun to launch with the adjacent coaster then go off on our own adventures.

Why wouldn’t it? That’s when the FB films take place.
Because it's the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; not the Wizarding World of Newt Scamander.

In Harry's timeline:

Paris still exists
Dumbledore is still alive
Nicholas Flamel is still alive
McGonagall is still alive

So, we can assume:
The Parisian Ministry of Magic still exists
Circus Arcana can still exists
Newt's Suitcase can still exists (with a ride hosted by paintings of Newt)
Kowalski's Bakery can still exists

The two primary characters in the Fantastic Beasts are Newt and Grindelwald. Newt is only interesting because of his suitcase, and Grindelwald/Johnny Depp has his own lingering concerns in a theme park. So, the solution is to present the only interesting aspects of the Fantastic Beasts' Paris in the Harry Potter timeline. Then, Universal can have the best of both worlds. Fleur can host the Parisian Ministry ride. Luna can join us touring Newt's suitcase.

Because it's the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; not the Wizarding World of Newt Scamander.

In Harry's timeline:

Paris still exists

So, we can assume:

The two primary characters in the Fantastic Beasts are Newt and Grindelwald. Newt is only interesting because of his suitcase, and Grindelwald/Johnny Depp has his own lingering concerns in a theme park. So, the solution is to present the only interesting aspects of the Fantastic Beasts' Paris in the Harry Potter timeline. Then, Universal can have the best of both worlds. Fleur can host the Parisian Ministry ride. Luna can join us touring Newt's suitcase.
This sounds terrible.

If they are going for FB stuff, go all the way.

In Harry's timeline:

Paris still exists

So, we can assume:

It's going to be a land based on the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film franchise.

Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts sounds good to me.

For a wand shop, I don't think they would do Ollivanders because the timing wouldn't make sense. Ollivander was born in 1908 and I don't think he was prominently making wands until much later in the overall timeline.
I'm not going to say I know everything about Potter, but I did look this up and posted this earlier in this thread...
"The family is known to have been in the wand-making business since 382 B.C."
I could see this potentially working with a Dumbledore attraction as well. The attraction starts with an older (and alive) Dumbledore telling a story, where the attraction then has us travel into that story, with a younger version of Dumbledore (Jude Law).

However, I think it'll just take place in the 1920s. I feel like that makes for a more interesting theme park experience compared to Paris in the 90s.

Supposedly there was a UC blue sky concept floated for something similar to this, and a themed restaurant, to replace Lost Continent in IOA. But it didn't get greenlit and Universal ultimately built their own Toothsome Chocolate Factory in Citi Walk instead of having to pay for the IP rights for the concept .
This is 100% correct, aside from what I changed to strike-through.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say I know everything about Potter, but I did look this up and posted this earlier in this thread...
"The family is known to have been in the wand-making business since 382 B.C."

This is 100% correct, aside from what I changed to strike-through.
I like to use the words 'supposed', 'rumor' etc. in lieu of 'official' Universal announcements. While information from Dave @Disneyhead is fairly reliable, until Universal officially says so, there's always some element of doubt....But, yes, chances are that it did indeed occur.

I like to use the words 'supposed', 'rumor' etc. in lieu of 'official' Universal announcements. While information from Dave @Disneyhead is fairly reliable, until Universal officially says so, there's always some element of doubt....But, yes, chances are that it did indeed occur.

Correct, never put something down as 100% unless you know it for fact.

;)

I just wonder if the dueling coasters will actually have something that connects the both of them. Either racing, or passing each other, or whatever. I think a really cool thing would be a dual launch at the beginning. Same time, same speed, then car on the left spurts off to the left, and the right goes to the right. Could be really fun to launch with the adjacent coaster then go off on our own adventures.

Considering that pretty much every dual coaster has that element (including every one they've built), I'd assume so. They're always called dueling coasters. I'd love for them to go the Twisted Colossus route with only one track, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It would probably be a lot more difficult with a launch coaster that lacks show scenes and a lift hill.

They should revisit the human vs cylon idea for Singapore. Make one an airtime machine and save the inversions for the other.

Launching with 4 coaster is so ambitious. I'll be probably be happy with whatever ultimately.

Gimme a bunch of flat rides themed this well!

That looks gorgeous.

I really hope we get a ton of this in the new park. It's annoys how averse the Orlando parks are to them. It's crazy to me that even Sea World doesn't bother with them (I'd assume because of market pressure).

Last edited:
This sounds terrible.

If they are going for FB stuff, go all the way.
I like the fact that FB is going to be in the new property, it helps to break up the different timelines.

I'm not sure if they'll add FB to the Wizarding World or just call it World of Fantastic Beasts

Retro classic attractions will always be remembered by universal fans it’s sad to hear that they’ll never comeback. I just think Universal is slowly moving away from its in house properties like they need to focus on more main titles in their production company like dreamworks yes and classic monsters. The movies might be old but they could always be used like Jaws, earthquake, back to the future, waterworld, etc bc their Universal IP’s. I miss these old days the lands haven’t been confirmed but we know what’s coming and it’s not the classics again a great movie ride would suffice. I just think Universal needs to get back to its roots yes more Universal like properties.

6553AA63-8B53-442B-9C28-7E3224C17972.jpeg

Retro classic attractions will always be remembered by universal fans it’s sad to hear that they’ll never comeback. I just think Universal is slowly moving away from its in house properties like they need to focus on more main titles in their production company like dreamworks yes and classic monsters. The movies might be old but they could always be used like Jaws, earthquake, back to the future, waterworld, etc bc their Universal IP’s. I miss these old days the lands haven’t been confirmed but we know what’s coming and it’s not the classics again a great movie ride would suffice. I just think Universal needs to get back to its roots yes more Universal like properties.

View attachment 10716

Universal's tag of "ride the movies" is still alive and well. It just doesn't need to rehash old rides/IPs

IMO it doesn't matter if a land is "Universal" IP or not.

Lines are so blurred now when it comes to IPs and franchises because ownership of companies have changed hands over the years many times. So to me it doesn't really matter who owned or owns something now.

Universal and Disney have been bringing in IPs they didn't "own" to their parks for years to great success with great attractions.

Just like I groan most times a movie studio tries to "reboot" an older film franchise, I'd equally most likely groan if a theme park rehashes something old for the sake of nostalgia.

Let the glorious past live fondly in our memories. I prefer they spend their time, space and money to giving us new out of this world lands, attractions, and experiences we've never seen before to expand our growing set of memories.

Fantastic Beasts and HTTYD allows Universal two experiences which they somewhat have exploited with Jurassic Park/World but really need to take advantage of if the goal is to remember emotion and fantastic memories. What generally is a popular experience for your children and even some adults? Petting zoos and they have rights for two things that are major things that can utilize that idea for amazing guest experiences.

Hopefully the time the park opens technology with evolve for highly durable AA that can withstand being petted and touched with AI embedded to respond to the guests. Imagine you are sitting and the baby dragon AAs respond to you sitting and come up to you wanting to interact with you. I'm talking full out interact with you so responds to your voice, your touch, your movements.

858bcd67cc424cbe8009d2cfe2979d6a.jpg

Fantastic Beasts and HTTYD allows Universal two experiences which they somewhat have exploited with Jurassic Park/World but really need to take advantage of if the goal is to remember emotion and fantastic memories. What generally is a popular experience for your children and even some adults? Petting zoos and they have rights for two things that are major things that can utilize that idea for amazing guest experiences.

Hopefully the time the park opens technology with evolve for highly durable AA that can withstand being petted and touched with AI embedded to respond to the guests. Imagine you are sitting and the baby dragon AAs respond to you sitting and come up to you wanting to interact with you. I'm talking full out interact with you so responds to your voice, your touch, your movements.

858bcd67cc424cbe8009d2cfe2979d6a.jpg
That would be great but upkeep would cost a ton I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.