Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is Mike leaving the Entertainment team to work for Creative or has he been moved to focus more on Entertainment for Epic Universe?

I was slightly confused as to exactly what he will be doing

So is Mike leaving the Entertainment team to work for Creative or has he been moved to focus more on Entertainment for Epic Universe?

I was slightly confused as to exactly what he will be doing
He is with Creative, doing entertainment.

ie - He will officially only work with Creative.

Reactions: shiekra38
I guess is a topic that you should have answered tons of times but why are Tolkien books rights's owners against sell a license por theme parks? They allow Lord of The Rings slot machines, clothes, caps, mugs, toys, videogames and whatever you can imagine but no rides. Why?

Last edited:
I guess is a topic that you should have answered tons of times but why are Tolkien books rights's owners against sell a license por theme parks? There allow Lord of The Rings slot machines, clothes, caps, mugs, toys, videogames and whatever you can imagine but no rides. Why?
I believe a chance of those rights were sold to Saul Zests (or something like that) back in the 60s. Probably never thought of theme park rights.

For the past few weeks, there have been rumors AT&T were going to sell some WB related assets and the trades today are pushing out activist investor articles pushing AT&T leadership to sell non core assets which could things in flux. Especially since some of the alleged assets are New Line Cinema (Lord of the Rings right holder for film, television, and goods) DC Entertainment, and Otter Media in the media realm (There are others but won't affect parks).

With Comcast rumored to be in talks to purchase some assets, if they get certain assets, I'm sure the park may change in some areas.

For the past few weeks, there have been rumors AT&T were going to sell some WB related assets and the trades today are pushing out activist investor articles pushing AT&T leadership to sell non core assets which could things in flux. Especially since some of the alleged assets are New Line Cinema (Lord of the Rings right holder for film, television, and goods) DC Entertainment, and Otter Media in the media realm (There are others but won't affect parks).

With Comcast rumored to be in talks to purchase some assets, if they get certain assets, I'm sure the park may change in some areas.
This is why they have a gigantic expansion space allocated for future properties on the right side of the park. The current lands have already been permitted, so I don't see them ditching them entirely this late in the game, but that doesn't mean they can't start the planning stages for a new land when something good falls into their laps.

Realistically, id think the big plot in-between Fantastic Beasts and How To Train Your Dragon would be perfect for LOTR or DC comics. I know Six Flags has DC rights, but man, if Universal can own the superhero theme park game that'd be incredible.

Realistically, id think the big plot in-between Fantastic Beasts and How To Train Your Dragon would be perfect for LOTR or DC comics. I know Six Flags has DC rights, but man, if Universal can own the superhero theme park game that'd be incredible.
The expansion on the right side of the park is bigger than two of the other lands combined, so they could easily add two whole lands over there.

I don't see DC and Marvel co-existing from the same theme park resort any time soon, but yea, lots of room for whatever they get their hands on.
They also just don't have the rights. I would think that time will eventually run out on Marvel Superhero Island because of the MCU. I know they're different entities, but most people don't get that, at least I think. Confusion may become a problem, but it also houses 2 of their best attractions so who knows. My ultimate dream is by 2025/2026 DC gives their theme park rights to Universal, and we get a full on Gotham City.

I personally am not loving how Disney has handled the MCU in theme parks right now, so I personally and quite hopeful that DC can be represented fully one day. Or, just wish Universal had all control over Marvel. We'd have an "Avengers Campus" by now id feel.

Reactions: RFRees
They also just don't have the rights. I would think that time will eventually run out on Marvel Superhero Island because of the MCU. I know they're different entities, but most people don't get that, at least I think. Confusion may become a problem, but it also houses 2 of their best attractions so who knows. My ultimate dream is by 2025/2026 DC gives their theme park rights to Universal, and we get a full on Gotham City.

I personally am not loving how Disney has handled the MCU in theme parks right now, so I personally and quite hopeful that DC can be represented fully one day. Or, just wish Universal had all control over Marvel. We'd have an "Avengers Campus" by now id feel.
Some of my thoughts:

Six Flags parks have gone all in on DC.

Spider-Man is the most popular comic book character in the US, as far as merch sales go.

The comic book versions of Spider-Man and Incredible Hulk will far outlast the MCU versions.

Marvel Super Hero Island at IOA is essentially timeless.

This whole 'Disney owns Marvel but Universal has exclusivity' is not at all good for us as visitors and fans... I wish something would be worked out and we could get some new stuff for Marvel in FL, whether that be at Disney or Universal. (Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy, which is great to see Disney moving forward with.)

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Some of my thoughts:

Spider-Man is the most popular comic book character in the US, as far as merch sales go.

The comic book versions of Spider-Man and Incredible Hulk will far outlast the MCU versions.

It is pretty timeless you're right. While I can't say I'm not exactly sure how the MCU could/would kick out MSHI, now with the Avengers being THE highest grossing film ever, idk, I feel that has to change something here but I'm no expert, so maybe it doesn't! Id assume the general public doesn't understand the difference between the comics and the films too much, although it really just may not matter. Certainly not asking for Spidey or Hulk to go.

DC is a bit of a stretch though, as you mentioned Six Flags. LOTR I guess is my best bet lol, and we all know how likely that seems to be.

This whole 'Disney owns Marvel but Universal has exclusivity' is not at all good for us as visitors and fans... I wish something would be worked out and we could get some new stuff for Marvel in FL, whether that be at Disney or Universal. (Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy, which is great to see Disney moving forward with.)
Sorry for not quoting this with my previous message and response, not sure how to do that but also don't wanna flood this board with my responses!
Anyways, I totally agree. I guess most Marvel hardcores aren't really asking for much theme park presence? Id think there would be more outrage but maybe we need to judge better once The Avengers ride and Spiderman ride at DCA are before I react too much. Guardians seems fun but an overlay of an already existing ride I loved is not the most appealing thing ever.

Some of my thoughts:

YES. MSHI is timeless the way it's set up. No need for MCU there. The land is extremely successful, it always has a crowd, the attractions are popular as all hell....the old...if it's not broke, don't try to fix it....Yes, it could use a a bit better and longer Super Hero show and some love with the cardboard cutouts....but that's really minor stuff. In it's present set up, it's one of the 'most popular' theme park lands anywhere....and heck, it has four rides, two of which are considered among the best in their genre. You don't often see that many rides with the newer single IP lands in theme parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.