Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyway, I stepped out of SWGE bc I have a boarding pass to come back and I figured the rest of the park would be dead. I was certainly wrong. TSL still very busy and even ToT and RNRC putting up decent wait times.
This is what I was concerned about without having enough to do since you have to be in DHS to get a boarding pass. This is why they needed MMRR to eat up guests.

The app is showing 150 minute wait at the moment, but the rest of DHS seems like a slow-normal day. I think the analogy of Black Friday was correct. Huge crowd at opening, then a normal day for the rest of the day.

Original projections were 55k guests today which would be what they’d pull on average if TEA numbers are right. Revised estimates are 27k which is above the actual average, and it looks like what they’ll actually hit. Prior to this the park would usually pull in around 20k give or take.

Lines are holding up more at DHS than DL so far.

So just had lunch at Ronto Roasters and of course got the Ronto Wrap. I have to say I am wayyyyyy beyond impressed. I didn’t know anything about except it was a hyped item. That was some of the best theme park quick service I’ve had by far.

On another note, the lack of seating around the land is a big problem. I had to eat sitting on the ground under an umbrella (thankfully next to a fan though). The lack of shade certainly isn’t as pertinent of an issue as it is in TSL, but it’s still an issue that I hope is addressed by more than just umbrellas.

EDIT: Hey @Alicia! Saying that now bc I didn’t say it when I saw you roaming the land. Your Theme Park Stop shirt caught my eye. You were recording though so I didn’t want to interrupt.

Last edited:
Even through the latest dark years, and all the hate, DHS remained arguably my favorite Disney Park (other than MK). I really do like their ride and show lineup. Now with Toy Story, Galaxy's Edge, and Mickie and Minnie I'm beyond ecstatic to revisit!! Easily going to be my favorite Disney Park overall now

Reactions: Mad Dog
Thats really damn impressive if on opening day where it does look relatively packed that the waittime hasn't ever gotten above 3 1/2 hours I believe. Does seem to be a people eater for sure.

Even through the latest dark years, and all the hate, DHS remained arguably my favorite Disney Park (other than MK). I really do like their ride and show lineup. Now with Toy Story, Galaxy's Edge, and Mickie and Minnie I'm beyond ecstatic to revisit!! Easily going to be my favorite Disney Park overall now
Yes, we've always liked DHS a lot. As you said, with GESWL, TSL and Mickey/Minnie next year, it's going to be a really good park. And we like all the shows, even though they've been around for a long time. Hoping that GESWL provides the capacity increase to keep the other lines down, like Touring Plans predicted. Looks like that's the scenario, at least at this point and time. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
f
Yes, we've always liked DHS a lot. As you said, with GESWL, TSL and Mickey/Minnie next year, it's going to be a really good park. And we like all the shows, even though they've been around for a long time. Hoping that GESWL provides the capacity increase to keep the other lines down, like Touring Plans predicted. Looks like that's the scenario, at least at this point and time. :thumbsup:
right, it really seems like it’s going to be a fantastic park to visit this year. I can’t wait to see how capacity for Rise is. If it’s really strong like Smugglers run is then that’s awesome. Really well spread out park. The attraction lineup is so diverse now it’s awesome!

Reactions: Mad Dog