Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

So it looks like I picked the wrong nights to attend my first HHN. I will be there next Wed. and Thur. and the forecast is calling for 70% chance of rain. Do they cancel the event if it rains or do the houses still open? What about the S&S areas and the scare zones if they do not cancel the event for the night?

Event won't be cancelled, and all the houses will still be open, but street actors will be pulled if it rains. It's also still a week out - I wouldn't put any stock into the weather forecast this early - it's just as likely it won't rain at all at this point.
Basically this. Stilts and chainsaws will definitely not be out if it's raining, but the rest of the streets try to stay out as long as possible unless it's a downpour. Houses will run as normal... only houses that potentially could be affected by inclement weather are the two sprungs (Depths and Nightingales). Those tents tend to flood when rain gets bad, but it would have to be a really extreme rain for them to shut down the house.

Thanks ParkRumors and Nick. We have 2 nights so hopefully at least one if not both will be rain free. Thanks again. One more question if it is a passing shower and the street actors are pulled will they come out if the rain stops?

Thanks ParkRumors and Nick. We have 2 nights so hopefully at least one if not both will be rain free. Thanks again. One more question if it is a passing shower and the street actors are pulled will they come out if the rain stops?
Yes, they will be back out once the rain is gone.

Seconding a week away rain forecast is not reliable in Florida.... The weather is so unpredictable a day of forecast seems to be about 50/50

Less than a week out we were 40% and 50-60% rain for our two HHN nights.

What happened? 92/93 degrees, and brutal sun on one day, partly cloudy on the other.

So it looks like I picked the wrong nights to attend my first HHN. I will be there next Wed. and Thur. and the forecast is calling for 70% chance of rain. Do they cancel the event if it rains or do the houses still open? What about the S&S areas and the scare zones if they do not cancel the event for the night?

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't live in Orlando so I cannot speak for every night but I've been going there for many years and I never seen it rain so bad at HHN that it ruins your experience. It usually lasted only like 30 mins and the rest of the night was clear.

$25 early entry? What's that about? And how does S&S work? I usually buy the express pass but it's REALLY expensive this year and I'm going to have to pass on it. Just trying to find a way to enjoy the event without waiting hours in line to get into a house. I plan on going on the 12th.

Event won't be cancelled, and all the houses will still be open, but street actors will be pulled if it rains. It's also still a week out - I wouldn't put any stock into the weather forecast this early - it's just as likely it won't rain at all at this point.

Basically this. Stilts and chainsaws will definitely not be out if it's raining, but the rest of the streets try to stay out as long as possible unless it's a downpour. Houses will run as normal... only houses that potentially could be affected by inclement weather are the two sprungs (Depths and Nightingales). Those tents tend to flood when rain gets bad, but it would have to be a really extreme rain for them to shut down the house.

What happens with the lagoon show?

In the past (over the summer), they've run the lagoon show during terrible rain, just cut pyro. There's no pyro in this show so this show should play no matter what. Extreme winds would stop this show more than rain would.

Thank you for this, i honestly thought rain would stop it, i was afraid of this before, im really happy to hear it could play regardless of rain.

$25 early entry? What's that about? And how does S&S work? I usually buy the express pass but it's REALLY expensive this year and I'm going to have to pass on it. Just trying to find a way to enjoy the event without waiting hours in line to get into a house. I plan on going on the 12th.

You can buy the after 11pm express pass and that’s half off.