Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Annnnd, it's down again.

Fourth time today? Half capacity? How was anything I said wrong? Whatever, I had a Hagrid update and this isn’t worth it anymore.

For something that, on paper, looks like it would have been a nightmare, this opening went surprisingly smooth.

Boarding passes were not communicated to anyone in the park so people were lined up and didn’t know.

Fourth time today? Half capacity? How was anything I said wrong? Whatever, I had a Hagrid update and this isn’t worth it anymore.

Boarding passes were not communicated to anyone in the park so people were lined up and didn’t know.
Every person got a flyer stating you needed a boarding pass. There was a sign right at the entrance of the park. And cast members basically shouting it to people coming in. Now, if they shut off their eyes, ears and brains.....

I have used complementary passes that transferred before. As far as I have seen any non fingerprinted ticket can be transferred.

Is it going to be probable that someone could ride ROTR tomorrow if they get there not at park open? Like afternoon?

You have to wonder what the Overall initial reaction would be if both rides and the land opened today. I think the headlines and blog talk would have been much more forgiving.

A lot more forgiving. But ultimately would still fall short because it would be compared to it which shall not be named, and it is still lacking in areas.

Now that I’m home after being at DHS since 6:00 AM I think I’m finally able to process things a little more clearly...maybe? Idk I’m still shook a little so I’ll try to be as coherent as possible.

I got to the park at 6:00, heard an announcement that a boarding pass was required to access ROTR, and was promptly handed a pamphlet with instructions on how to do so as soon as we got through the touchpoints. They also had the boarding group statuses available on the screen outside of the Frozen theater, as well as on all times boards throughout the day. However, I can’t comment on how they were doing things at the park entrance past 6:00. We were group 36 and received our boarding text at 11:00. Entered the line around 11:15-ish and finished the ride by 12:00.

Spoiler cutting this cause it’s only day one + I don’t wanna overhype (but I also wanna be honest too) so
wow. Wow, wow, wow. That made Smuggler’s Run look like a slap in the face. I had watched the POV from Attractions Magazine but that was it, I thought it looked great but I was so not prepared for just how incredible it was. This is truly something that needs to be experienced in person to really understand just how overwhelming it is. I know overwhelming might sound weird, but it was really that immersive that I was overwhelmed start to finish trying to see everything and take it all in. I don’t even consider myself that big of a die hard Star Wars fan and I actually got emotional (as well as others in my group) during some parts of the experience (the preshow stormtroopers reveal, AT-AT’s). This exceeded every single expectation and then some. I thought I was in for a really great ride-but I honestly never anticipated it would be as good as it was. I found everything to look more realistic than I was expecting it to be (i.e. I thought the lightsaber through the ceiling looked amazing up close) that so many hours later I’m still a bit flabbergasted trying to put it all together without sounding like a psycho. Too late, but yeah, 10/10, would recommend, would go again, etc., etc., etc.

For anyone else looking to go on it ASAP I highly recommend getting to the park as early as possible. I found out boarding passes were fully distributed an hour after the official park opening (DHS opened at 8:00, there were signs outside TSL stating the boarding passes were fully distributed a little after 9:00). While I have no idea if they’ll continue with boarding passes or not (surprisingly I ended up finding the process pretty convenient) it wouldn’t hurt to get there as early as possible if ROTR is top priority.

Tl;dr: please experience this ride in person if you can. It is truly a remarkable experience start to finish, that (IMO) needs to be felt in person.

Someone is salty that it wasn't a disaster. Cheer up, there's always the trainwreck that was Rivers of Light.

The thing I would critique the most is the unannounced decision to open around 6. I hate using the words "not fair" because life isn't fair, but surely there were people who planned a 6am arrival based on an 8am open who would have showed up at 4am if they knew gates would open at 6am.

Someone is salty that it wasn't a disaster. Cheer up, there's always the trainwreck that was Rivers of Light.

The thing I would critique the most is the unannounced decision to open around 6. I hate using the words "not fair" because life isn't fair, but surely there were people who planned a 6am arrival based on an 8am open who would have showed up at 4am if they knew gates would open at 6am.
Everyone who got there at 6 am and followed instructions probably got on this.

Also Disney need to not flip flop on the boarding passes. They need to pick one or the other and go with it. People need to be able to at least try to plan for something.

Last edited:

c’mon man. Dial it back a bit. It’s coming across a little too confrontational

As I said several times in the past few months, it’s important to “see what happens” before declaring the attraction a “disaster” on an operational level. There were also plenty of “budget cut” posts that tried to downplay the pure enormity of the project, as if Disney was going to dial it in and scale it down at the last minute.
I’d argue today was a much better first day than Hagrid’s was. Despite all the doom and gloom posts, by the same handful of people.
Will the ride “save” Disney or Star Wars? The answer is, it never needed too. Disney is doing just fine. Star Wars is doing just fine.
At the end of the day, all that matters is the quality of the attraction, and I think the impressions speak for themselves. Even the most cynical Theme Park fan can’t pretend to be unimpressed.