Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has gotten me so stressed out because I’m 20 and bought my ticket and express pass for opening night (which wasn’t cheap) and I don’t think I’ll be able to make it into the park until at least 10pm because of my schedule so I’m so stressed out that I won’t be allowed into the park at all. They have to let you in if you have an hhn ticket right?
its gonna sound obvious but you have to call universal as soon as you can

This has gotten me so stressed out because I’m 20 and bought my ticket and express pass for opening night (which wasn’t cheap) and I don’t think I’ll be able to make it into the park until at least 10pm because of my schedule so I’m so stressed out that I won’t be allowed into the park at all. They have to let you in if you have an hhn ticket right?
The policy is 18, not 21.

If you have a ticket to the event, they will let you in. Park ticket is the equivalent of a movie ticket. Show them your ticket and they’ll let you in.

What they’re stopping is people basically loitering; who have no reason to be on property and are too young to go into the clubs and bars.

If you have a ticket to the event, they will let you in. Park ticket is the equivalent of a movie ticket. Show them your ticket and they’ll let you in.

What they’re stopping is people basically loitering; who have no reason to be on property and are too young to go into the clubs and bars.

Yeah I think people are reading way too much into the statement. Universal said CityWalk, not the parks.

The policy is 18, not 21.

and i guess that if anyone buys a movie ticket for the late showings they can just hang around and say they are waiting for the movie? enter at 10 for a 11:30 showing?

If your forum name is your actual name they might not believe your ID, but otherwise yeah you're good.

Yeah I think people are reading way too much into the statement. Universal said CityWalk, not the parks.
Let us dream of a night at HHN with no high schoolers running around man haha.

F1FEE362-B639-4859-B472-92F81E53A84D.png

I think the sentence here, “There is no word on how this change will impact the upcoming HHN” is what caused the confusion for some. As that sorta implies it might effect HHN(the parks)

If your forum name is your actual name they might not believe your ID, but otherwise yeah you're good.

Let us dream of a night at HHN with no high schoolers running around man haha.

although to be fair, ive never seen high schoolers getting into fist fights while drunk or kicking and punching the props or hurting the actors lol, (well i personally never heard about it) the more the alcohol flows the more dangerous the night becomes.
but i have seen dozens, tens and tens of drunk adults causing violence

although to be fair, ive never seen high schoolers getting into fist fights while drunk or kicking and punching the props or hurting the actors lol, (well i personally never heard about it) the more the alcohol flows the more dangerous the night becomes.
but i have seen dozens, tens and tens of drunk adults causing violence

Most security reports are of teens fighting or pushing back at CMs/scare actors. Drunks sure are loud/annoying/violent/sucky in their own way though.

My super spicy take is to make the event a dry one. I know it’ll never happen, but the nights that we’ve had issues on were all because of drunk adults.

Universal cutting back liquor bars, blood bags, shot carts, and more helped a lot. I couldn't imagine the Stranger Things years with that much alcohol around. But I don't think a dry event is what is actually the problem, instead, it's Universal not monitoring queues or installing cameras for security in the houses.

Edit - Didn’t see the 500 other messages sorry lol

Universal cutting back liquor bars, blood bags, shot carts, and more helped a lot. I couldn't imagine the Stranger Things years with that much alcohol around. But I don't think a dry event is what is actually the problem, instead, it's Universal not monitoring queues or installing cameras for security in the houses.

The lack of security and monitoring of the queues/houses is a *massive* problem. I couldn't believe it when I found out Orlando houses do not have cameras installed in every scene, with someone whose job it is to monitor house activity at all times and trigger an immediate security response if there's any sort of incident. This is how they do it in Hollywood - not only does it prevent a great many incidents (because security is very visible and they have a reputation of taking this seriously, which creates a deterrent), it also quickly removes too-drunk adults or misbehaving kids after the first problem, not the fourth or fifth.

The lack of security and monitoring of the queues/houses is a *massive* problem. I couldn't believe it when I found out Orlando houses do not have cameras installed in every scene, with someone whose job it is to monitor house activity at all times and trigger an immediate security response if there's any sort of incident. This is how they do it in Hollywood - not only does it prevent a great many incidents (because security is very visible and they have a reputation of taking this seriously, which creates a deterrent), it also quickly removes too-drunk adults or misbehaving kids after the first problem, not the fourth or fifth.
each HHN costs like 1million dollars (right?) but 8 cameras per house is Just Too much lol just too expensive lol

The queues could for sure use more monitoring, that's where all the fights are

Plus I'm on a mission to get designated vaping areas in the parks

The queues could for sure use more monitoring, that's where all the fights are

Plus I'm on a mission to get designated vaping areas in the parks
There are designated vape areas. Vaping is only allowed in the designated smoking areas. If you see vaping and it bothers you report it just like you would with a smoker. There are 4 or 5 designated in the parks.

I really don't get it. All that talk last year about scare actor safety, and so few people bring up the lack of security coverage - which also gives Uni security/Orlando PD physical evidence they can use to expel/arrest people.
I really think it’s an issue with communication between the different departments. Security, Operations, and A&D all operate fairly independently, and only collaborate when absolutely necessary. Putting cameras in the houses would have to be pushed (and likely resourced) by Security rather than anyone else. For whatever reason, they seem to think the current system is suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.