“Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” Castle Show Debuting This Summer | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

“Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” Castle Show Debuting This Summer

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am not sure why it is negative to announce openings happening around the same time all at the same time.

I am not sure why it is negative to announce openings happening around the same time all at the same time.
BriMan basically covered it.

Disney tends to drop their bad news (so it goes out of the news cycle) on Fridays at around 5PM. I was just saying that with it being odd so much announced at once, I wouldn't be surprised for them to drop a bomb people will hate later.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
BriMan basically covered it.

Disney tends to drop their bad news (so it goes out of the news cycle) on Fridays at around 5PM. I was just saying that with it being odd so much announced at once, I wouldn't be surprised for them to drop a bomb people will hate later.

I think they wanted to drop the Frozen ride today so that resort guests get fast passes before AP people get them. This is the last weekday to drop that news. They probably figured to drop the other information too. But I could be wrong. Maybe there is bad news coming at 5 PM.

I think they wanted to drop the Frozen ride today so that resort guests get fast passes before AP people get them. This is the last weekday to drop that news. They probably figured to drop the other information too. But I could be wrong. Maybe there is bad news coming at 5 PM.
I'm gonna be optimistic and say nothing negative will get thrown out there. It was just my inner Disney skeptic coming out knowing how they love Fridays.

Reactions: IzzyB
Usually, Friday has been "Dump Day" for news from Disney where they want low-key attention. So it's just odd to announce all these dates, especially for a couple that are highly-anticipated, on a Friday.
Yeah, that's kind of a thing with nearly all businesses & politicians too, not only Disney. It's generally a way to push news into the background since people aren't paying much attention to media releases on a day leading into the weekend.

Reactions: Nick
Didn't they have fireworks with the last show? I never watched it, but I swear during the day fireworks would go off. I don't plan on watching this show, so I could care less.

Didn't they have fireworks with the last show? I never watched it, but I swear during the day fireworks would go off. I don't plan on watching this show, so I could care less.
Yep, the previous show had fireworks at the end.

The old show had fireworks as well, but they weren't like these. The old ones were quiet, these are loud bangs like the Wishes fireworks. It was making guests jump at the TTC when they would go off today.

I can't deal with the new Mickey and Minnie heads. Not a fan at all.

Disney put up billboards for this featuring Rapunzel from Tangled with the headline "NEW MUSICAL." I mean, technically they're not lying but...

Disney put up billboards for this featuring Rapunzel from Tangled with the headline "NEW MUSICAL." I mean, technically they're not lying but...
I saw a photo of that, it's misleading at best.

It's like those billboards saying "Frozen Live!" Like yes, Frozen Sing-along is TECHNICALLY Frozen Live, but...

I thought the same thing, especially more confusing since they actually do have a true Frozen live show over at DCA.

Apparently they had to cut the Princess and the Frog section of the show at the last minute. The show opened just after the alligator incident and the fact that it featured an alligator was deemed inappropriate.

Apparently they had to cut the Princess and the Frog section of the show at the last minute. The show opened just after the alligator incident and the fact that it featured an alligator was deemed inappropriate.
Yes, Louis from PatF was in the concept art and was cut basically day of. According to those working on the show, he'll debut in the show in a few weeks.