2012 Golden Ticket Awards | Inside Universal Forums

2012 Golden Ticket Awards

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
So, Universal did pretty well for itself today in the Golden Tickets. And 2 other Orlando parks also got wins.

Best Dark Ride - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Best Water Ride - Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls
Best Indoor Roller Coaster - Revenge of the Mummy
Best Halloween Event - Halloween Horror Nights

Best Outdoor Show - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

Best Aquatic Life Park - SeaWorld Orlando

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Dudley is not deserving of best water ride nor is Illuminations of best outdoor show IMO.

Agreed, despite Illuminations still bringing me to tears. It's from the nostalgia, probably (or perhaps from knowing what the show could be).

Agreed, despite Illuminations still bringing me to tears. It's from the nostalgia, probably (or perhaps from knowing what the show could be).

Illuminations is a great show but I really feel like WOC surpasses it and should be # 1 with Illuminations either 2nd or 3rd with Wishes.

Dudley is not deserving of best water ride nor is Illuminations of best outdoor show IMO.

I disagree about Illuminations.

Dudley isn't even the best water ride in its land, so yea I agree with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Illuminations is a great show but I really feel like WOC surpasses it and should be # 1 with Illuminations either 2nd or 3rd with Wishes.

Wishes?

WISHES!?

:blank:

I personally enjoy Wishes and would place UCS right behind it. Just my opinion Skip.

1.WOC
2.Illuminations
3.Wishes
4.UCS
5.Fantasmic

Agreed with Dudley. Whether judging from how wet you get on the ride or theme, it isn't deserving. I always get more wet on Popeye's and Splash is a much better flume ride than Dudley thematically and story wise. Dudley just sort of throws a bunch of stuff at you without really tying anything together and then you go down the big drop. Why it consistantly wins i'll never understand.

Agreed with Dudley. Whether judging from how wet you get on the ride or theme, it isn't deserving. I always get more wet on Popeye's and Splash is a much better flume ride than Dudley thematically and story wise. Dudley just sort of throws a bunch of stuff at you without really tying anything together and then you go down the big drop. Why it consistantly wins i'll never understand.

I disagree about the story. It's easy to follow. Theming isn't anything special, but the drop is.

Golden Ticket Awards always seemed to be part truth, part politics, and part revenge. You either have to be drugged or struck across the back of the head to think Dudley is the best water ride in Toon Lagoon, let alone that park, Orlando, or the world. (For what it's worth, my vote goes to Grizzly River Run)

They seem to point you towards good attractions or places, but not often the 'best'.

Rigged, Notice for Halloween event Busch Gardens Williamsburg made the list but not tampa...

there are a few other listings that are interesting including best marine park including discovery cove...

Oh I agree it's completely out of date, oh wait all of them are except for UCS and WOC.

As Long as Cedar Point wins every year I know that list is Legit!!!!
Idk I think Cedar Point being best Amusement Park is just assumed like most of their other awards..I've been to a lot of worthy opponents to CP..Dudley is certainly not the best water ride either..I still think JP and Splash should be tied

As Long as Cedar Point wins every year I know that list is Legit!!!!

As someone who lives in North Eastern Ohio, I cannot agree less. Cedar Point and Magic Mountain are both fantastic AMUSEMENT PARKS, but the fact nowhere up there Disney SEA, Disneyland, or Magic Kingdom are represented is a huge bias.

Golden Tickets are for amusement parks and coaster fans.

It has a lot to do with a lot of Amusement Park fans don't care for Disney Parks. Disney Parks fans are a niche group of Amusement Park fans with a superiority complex.

Disney Fan @CP: "What a crappy roller coaster, I can see the superstructure.

ACE Member @AnyDisneyPark: "Maybe we should have Belle read us a bedtime story before we nap on the coasters."

It's the drop. People look at it from the bridge and think "holy crap, that thing goes straight down."

It has a lot to do with a lot of Amusement Park fans don't care for Disney Parks. Disney Parks fans are a niche group of Amusement Park fans with a superiority complex.

Disney Fan @CP: "What a crappy roller coaster, I can see the superstructure.

ACE Member @AnyDisneyPark: "Maybe we should have Belle read us a bedtime story before we nap on the coasters."

Yup I agree. But ACE members and Disney park fans both love their buffets ;)

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts