2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I have heard that B&M HAS come up with a launch system that they are satisfied with and are interested in building 1 coaster to see how well it works. That is why I said that given B&Ms famous 5 year waiting list, that it seems odd that BGT would be getting one on such a tight schedule unless it is something that B&M really wanted to do. like building one of these launch coasters.

Interesting if true, and I am not doubting you DH. This could be a possibility for Alton Towers in 2016. There are already plans to build what would be SW8, rumoured to be a B&M on a car park near Air. This could fit with the "5 year wait list" and knowing that AT has been a testing bed (Air and Oblivion) for B&M before coupled with ATs SWs usually being a worlds first. I would say this could be one to watch.

For the parks that already have B&M loopers, I am not sure how much a Wingrider would complement the park's coaster lineup. The train is a beast with a lot of drag, so while pretty to look at, is very tame. Until we see what Gatekeeper is about, I would think the addition of a Wingrider in a park like SWO or BGT would be somewhat ineffective. I've ridden Xflight in three ERTs and I have to tell you that after the second ride without waiting it is a novelty at best. A B&M inverted is far more intense and fast. A B&M Floorless or Dive far more thrilling.

X Flight works for SFGam because it made up for all of the inversions the park had lost over the years, and it fit in a tiny footprint along the midway that needed a top ride. It will be interesting to see if B&M can raise the thrill level with Gatekeeper.

For BGT, it would be nice to see a 300ft speed coaster. I agree. Just not B&M. Raging Bull is really mellow. Much rather see what Intamin could produce today with a unique layout in the park. Don't get me wrong I love B&M like the next guy, my home park has the longest history with them, but BGT has enough of their coasters to make anything more from redundant. Orlando/Tampa is spoiled by all of the B&Ms!

For BGT, it would be nice to see a 300ft speed coaster. I agree. Just not B&M. Raging Bull is really mellow. Much rather see what Intamin could produce today with a unique layout in the park. Don't get me wrong I love B&M like the next guy, my home park has the longest history with them, but BGT has enough of their coasters to make anything more from redundant. Orlando/Tampa is spoiled by all of the B&Ms!

How about a Mega-lite? Or would that be pretty close to what we have with Cheetah Hunt? Personally Id love to see a Giga coaster down here :drool5:

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amu...mber/Giga+Coaster/language/en-US/Default.aspx

I don't know much about BGT to even know if 200ft is realistic, forget 300ft. If a Eurofighter is more what they have in mind after investing in the last two additions, it would make sense. I just look at their current lineup and a hyper+ with a custom speed layout would pretty much seal the deal on their status as a coaster mecca.

I don't know much about BGT to even know if 200ft is realistic, forget 300ft. If a Eurofighter is more what they have in mind after investing in the last two additions, it would make sense. I just look at their current lineup and a hyper+ with a custom speed layout would pretty much seal the deal on their status as a coaster mecca.

Sheikra was approved at 200ft on the first attempt, just sayin.

Sheikra was approved at 200ft on the first attempt, just sayin.

That would bode well then! Like I said, I don't know much at all about BGT other than loving it when I was a kid, and loving it now as a coaster fan. If they can do 200, they should be able to do 250-300. How close is it to TPA or PIE? Would think it would be a City variance process well before it is an FAA issue.

My point was more that once you have been on the B&Ms that BGT have, there is not much layout wise that B&M could offer that would be drastically different in their current hyper model.

Just sayin' there is a lot of room behind Kumba and Jungala....still

http://goo.gl/maps/0gzxj

Yeah over by the retenion pond they should clone Apollo there.

- - - Updated - - -

That would bode well then! Like I said, I don't know much at all about BGT other than loving it when I was a kid, and loving it now as a coaster fan. If they can do 200, they should be able to do 250-300. How close is it to TPA or PIE? Would think it would be a City variance process well before it is an FAA issue.

My point was more that once you have been on the B&Ms that BGT have, there is not much layout wise that B&M could offer that would be drastically different in their current hyper model.

They have a good sampleing of B&Ms for sure, and the wing rider was not that impressive, IMO.

I love BGTs coaster lineup. If they added a hyper/giga airtime machine and either a wingrider or 4-D I'd have no reason to leave Florida!

-a classic mega looper
-one if the largest invereteds
-a floor less vertical drop coaster
-a multi-launch

As well as:

-a classic Schwartzkopf
-a wild mouse
-a (formerly)dueling woodie
-and a kiddie coaster

If Gwazi was topper tracked or something, I think they'd be one of the top five coaster parks in America!

There aren't any airports near BGT. There was one right next door at one point, but that is ancient history.

Just TPA, but the flight pattern is nowhere near risky for BGT...only issue would be the residents nearby..but it depends on which side you are going to build the coaster on...p.s. does anyone ever get depressed walking through Jungala? I know I do...I should stop bringing up old plans haha

Just TPA, but the flight pattern is nowhere near risky for BGT...only issue would be the residents nearby..but it depends on which side you are going to build the coaster on...p.s. does anyone ever get depressed walking through Jungala? I know I do...I should stop bringing up old plans haha

What was originally supposed to go in Jungala?

What was originally supposed to go in Jungala?

Jungala was rumored to open in two phases. Phase 1 was as you see it, where phase 2 would of been just to the north and include a coaster. Said coaster was rumored to be a hyper that actually went back to the Congo retention pond.

Jungala was rumored to open in two phases. Phase 1 was as you see it, where phase 2 would of been just to the north and include a coaster. Said coaster was rumored to be a hyper that actually went back to the Congo retention pond.

How long has phase 1 been open?

Status
Not open for further replies.