2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those wondering Gwazi was running today, opened in the morning with every thing else.

Thanks for the update! Though I'm pretty surprised that they chose to reopen Gwazi. I'd think if the supposed reports of it being demolished are true, they would just give up on it. Maybe they chose to keep it open until later (after HOS)? Or perhaps Gwazi's staying after all?

Screamscape reported this today:

???? - Gwazi Status Updates - (9/3/13) According to the latest crazy rumors about Gwazi, I've heard that they only expect to keep Gwazi up and running (or rather the half that is still running) for another couple of seasons before they give up and demolish it. I'm guessing this means that they have a long-term plan in place to build some kind of replacement attraction on or near the site, which means we may not see a new coaster in the park until 2016.
Of course if this means that Gwazi is officially on "life support" until they are ready to replace it, if anything very costly were to come up in the form of maintenance over the next couple of years, we could see the park opt to simply close it down early. So get your last rides in while you can.

Okay, so now Screamscape has picked up a rumor that this could be a giga:

2015/2016 - Gigacoaster - Rumor - (10/7/13) According to a local area source members of the ride engineering department from Busch Gardens Tampa were spotted at Canada’s Wonderland over the weekend. While neither park is a stranger big rides, especially B&M coasters, the one big thing that you can find at Canada’s Wonderland and no where else in the world would be Leviathan, a B&M Gigacoaster. Is BGT ready to build the coaster coaster in Central Florida to break the 300 foot height limit? Stay tuned!

I think this is very possible for the following reasons:

1. They already proved that they can break 300 ft with Falcon's Fury, so I think a giga is very likely!
2. Carowinds is building a giga for 2015, so it'd be a nice "duel in the South" for 300 footers.
3. BGT needs a ride that will attract the growing tourism in Orlando. A simple hyper won't do the trick, or a woodie. An innovative dark ride would but in terms of coasters, I think a giga would attract more than any other coaster.

Still take it with grain of salt, but I'd say there's a big chance

Last edited:
Okay, so now Screamscape has picked up a rumor that this could be a giga:

I think this is very possible for the following reasons:

1. They already proved that they can break 300 ft with Falcon's Fury, so I think a giga is very likely!
2. Carowinds is building a giga for 2015, so it'd be a nice "duel in the South" for 300 footers.
3. BGT needs a ride that will attract the growing tourism in Orlando. A simple hyper won't do the trick, or a woodie. An innovative dark ride would but in terms of coasters, I think a giga would attract more than any other coaster.

Still take it with grain of salt, but I'd say there's a big chance

:pray:

A giga is exactly what BGT needs. The coasters and the animals is what draws people to BGT. With that said, I hope any new coaster they add has a new animal exhibit as well. I really like what they did with Cheetah Hunt and Manta(SWO), tieing in the animals with the ride's theme.

A giga is exactly what FL needs :lol: Please something with air time and NO inversions!!!

Rüppell's griffon (Gyps rueppelli), a vulture, is apparently the highest flying bird. Maybe they could have the giga's theme / iconic animal be a vulture? It flies high and swoops down to catch its prey. The Griffon name is taken, so maybe something with "vulture" or "Gyps" :shrug:

Thanks for the links. I was kinda just making a joke, but it was cool seeing those coasters and would be great to have one in the Orlando area.

Meh, enough with the bird themes. How about a GIANT KANGAROO instead? One that hops....300 feet in the air...all around the park... :smiley:

I've thought the same thing as HTF and KRAKENvsMANTA for some time now: if BGT wants to remain relevant and give the Orlando market an incentive to drive 1hr 20 mins to its gates, it needs something that can't be missed, something that generates some incredible buzz, and something that isn't currently in the Florida market. Only 2 things come to my mind: a Giga coaster or an S&S 4D coaster. I think the Giga would draw more than the 4D, but who knows? The 4D, while being super-unique and insanely fun, is yet another coaster that features inversions. It's time for an epic thrill coaster that doesn't flip you upside down in Florida (Rockit excluded, and I don't consider it an "epic thrill coaster").

Either way, a Giga at BGT needs to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.