2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the rumors have resurfaced, and from what I've gathered from multiple sources, a 2015/2016 coaster has been approved, but the name, location, and type are yet to be determined.

Also, the old Critter Castaways theater will be demolished by the end of this year, so that may be a hint.

I have thought of different locations though.

1. Bird Gardens
2. Jungala reservoir
3. Egypt
4. Nairobi (RR replacement?)

But the first thing to consider is what exactly will this coaster be?

I'm assuming the long rumored gigacoaster, but maybe we'll see a new type of coaster come to BGT.

Thoughts?

I hope we finally get a giga! Florida is in need of an airtime machine! Critter Castaways getting demolished definitely seems to be a hint, especially with Gwazi nearby. Maybe a Bird Gardens redo?

By any chance, have you heard of Gwazi's fate yet? Is it still supposed to be removed by the end of the year?

So Gwazi will stay for now and we will still get another coater, and then on top of this, when Gwazi does go away, we will get another coaster there? Count me in!

- - - Updated - - -

The area by the gardens, critter show etc would be a good choice for a new ride, since there is a lot of ground there with no attractions.

If anything, we would hope that they start this year to have it complete in 2015. If not, then summer of 2015 and completion in 2016. We'll see as the year progresses.

If anything, we would hope that they start this year to have it complete in 2015. If not, then summer of 2015 and completion in 2016. We'll see as the year progresses.

Depends, I guess, as to what stage they are at the moment, if it is just that a project has been approved, then most likely there are no clear plans yet, which means it would still be a few months to draft plans etc

I can't figure this out. The other day I was on craigslist job search (i'm an electrician) and I came across a post https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/trd/4691403863.html
and this morning I was on the Tampa permit site. link probably won't work but https://apps.tampagov.net/www_webapp/default.aspx?page_id
Project description PPR 327, 2016 ATTRACTION TUT'S TOMB AREA
The area seems small but the title 2016 attraction makes me wonder.
I can't imagine another big ride going into this area.

Interesting.

The fact that they're filing a preliminary plan review (PPR) for their 2016 attraction this early could mean this is going to be a rather large project. Plus, the Tut's Tomb building is conveniently located right next to the Serengeti Plain, an absolutely massive expanse of land. Coincidence? If they really are getting the rumored hyper/giga coaster, this would be one of the few areas of the park that could easily hold an attraction that large. I've added a screenshot of the permit and a crude drawing of Tut's location in relation to the Serengeti. Let the speculation commence!

permit:
pZkBkOQ.png

crappy arrows:
UIxPthO.jpg

Hmmmmmmn this is weird because Tut's Tomb is a rather small location, but on the other hand makes sense because Egypt with Tut & Akbar closed has been a really dead section of the park.

The thing I'm fearing is that they could be building the same tiny footprint coaster they are building in Williamsburg in 2015 at Tampa in 2016 with the small location they filed permits for.

Well if you take the area @ SFDK where Superman Ultimate Flight is located (it doesn't show up on Google Maps yet so Pandemonium is still shown) and place it roughly where King Tut's Tomb is you get this:

Interesting.....

Bring on Tut's Revenge....lol

This 2016 attraction may be a huge expansion since a new coaster is coming to the park according to Mark Rose last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.