2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

2016 BGT Coaster Confirmed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Is that the same company that HTF rumored? What is the history of that group?

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Is that the same company that HTF rumored? What is the history of that group?

Mack hasn't had any major delays or issues with any of their coasters to my knowledge

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Mack hasn't had any major delays or issues with any of their coasters to my knowledge

With the recent history that Intamin has had with the park building Falcon's Fury, I'm positive they're steering clear of another Intamin ride, but you never know. Mack has a pretty good track record overall, so that would be a good candidate in my opinion.

The other big "news" provider picked the story up also. I find this really odd, in the past they have generally haven't done stories on things like this until it was obvious.
http://tbo.com/news/business/new-attraction-coming-to-busch-gardens-egypt-area-20150212/?page=1

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Nor did the park send out a press release announcing a new ride was coming. I guess they caught on from the bloggers and decided to publicize it to their audiences & networks. I reached out to Travis Claytor, but he denied to comment only stating "Yes, the park will be getting a new attraction in 2016". Nothing more.

The other big "news" provider picked the story up also. I find this really odd, in the past they have generally haven't done stories on things like this until it was obvious.
http://tbo.com/news/business/new-attraction-coming-to-busch-gardens-egypt-area-20150212/?page=1

When did they last build a new attraction at BGT? Perhaps they are pushing for press because they think this one is special. Egypt, like Jurassic Park always catches my fancy.

*FIXED DOUBLE POST DUE TO SOFTWARE PROBLEM*

Yep. BGT is hardly a traveling carnival. If it is opening this year, then lots of welding should be going on about now.

He leaves it sounding as if they are still scratching stuff on paper napkins.
I don't believe he ever said "this year" though

The general consensus seems to be a Mack Spinning Coaster, but, what if they took that a step further with the dark ride portion and turn that into a TrioTech/Wonder Mt. Guardian attraction. A 1920's Egyptian excavation theme where you ride on mine carts and shoot at :mummy: 's and Montu like creatures, then the outdoor part. Just what I imagine at the moment.

The general consensus seems to be a Mack Spinning Coaster, but, what if they took that a step further with the dark ride portion and turn that into a TrioTech/Wonder Mt. Guardian attraction. A 1920's Egyptian excavation theme where you ride on mine carts and shoot at :mummy: 's and Montu like creatures, then the outdoor part. Just what I imagine at the moment.

Would be cool...Busch needs some dark rides...I can't see them doing it though as that is not really their thing...at least not in Tampa

- - - Updated - - -

Would be cool...Busch needs some dark rides...I can't see them doing it though as that is not really their thing...at least not in Tampa

Teebin, not correct as in it being a darkcastle clone or in it being a dark ride?
I think an Egypt themed dark ride would be good, though personally I think it will be an indoor coaster, so BGT's version of Universal's Mummy.

I wish it was an Egyptian DarkCastle, it's the only attraction BGW has that BGT doesn't. However, I am sticking with the Egyptian Wonder Mt. Guardian coaster. (with the 1920's theme and mine carts). Or it could be :kingkong:

I believe the Silverback attraction is going somewhere else..originally it was supposed to go in Jungala, but my eyes are on Gwazi field...if that is what :kingkong: means..

If it dosen't then ignore everything above..

Status
Not open for further replies.