Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

Parks at both Universal & Disney have real long lines today....Stand By lines at 2:30 PM...Gringotts two hours. Flight of Passage four hours. Navii River Journey two hours.

It seems slightly atypical for this time of year, especially for Universal. Unless more people planned trips for thanksgiving week based on the expanded holiday offerings.

It seems slightly atypical for this time of year, especially for Universal. Unless more people planned trips for thanksgiving week based on the expanded holiday offerings.
Yea, Disney's always this crowded for Thanksgiving week, but Universal seems a tad higher than past years. Thanksgiving week was kind of owned by Disney in the past. Could be more locals at Universal with the holiday offerings plus more tourists for the new offerings too. Having way more on site hotel rooms then a few years ago would certainly help.....And, never underestimate the attendance draw of Potter. New Potter stuff (decorations, FJ show, Celestina & Frog Choir show) will definitely attract tourists. HP is the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
Operations was being really obnoxious yesterday night. I get they have to organize everyone but is it really necessary to yell at the crowd while the projection show is occurring.

Fun Fact: There is a single projector in the window of the Hogsmeade building between the wand shop show and the coaster.

Fun Fact 2: The line for Forbidden Journey is short because they are limiting the number of people that can enter the show viewing area, which is on the way to Forbidden Journey.

Way too many people to justify being closed at 8pm. Both parks had people in nearly every line at 8pm (some rides decently long waits) and Citywalk is just a cluster right now since the parks closed all their dining hours earlier.

Here’s Diagon shortly after 8pm when it was “closed.”

55D82FB3-72FE-4494-BD8A-2C95442AB21D.jpeg

Even the Hopping Pot and Fountain of Fair Fortune still had lines after 8pm.

Edit: Departing traffic for I-4 West is backing up to the garages. East is clear. That means most guests are coming from the Disney area. Who Universal isn’t feeding because their dining capacity isn’t there at city walk and the parks closed dining early.

Last edited:
Guess we got out at the right time. It was odd just hearing people talk...it was around 7pm and I guess Fast Food Blvd had closed and folks slammed land lard, but they all seemed to be after big pinks...but they ran out after a few minutes...but yes, it really seemed like they could have kept busy by keeping things open later....we were heading out around 7:30 and DM was posted as 50 but looked longer.

Heck, my daughter and I ende up going to VB for the afternoon, it was rather pleasant being there from like 11 to 3.

Last night, we were stopped before the first castle showing, saw the 2nd one, but it did look like the crowds were slowing by the third showing on Sunday....

I think they desperately need to extend hours for the next month or so. The park closes at 7pm or earlier twelve times next month. It should be closing 9pm at earliest in December, nonetheless 6pm.

I just booked ten nights at Portofino early December 2018 for my first Orlando Holiday season trip. Seems like there's finally enough at Universal, Christmas wise, to make a trip down. I booked early just in case rates go up and availability gets tight like has happened during HHN. Booked May at Portofino also. Just love that resort.

That's the way to do it. Its about time Universal kicks up their holiday offerings another gear. Id still love to see them add something like Osborne lights

I am mulling :cheers::lol:) it over for 2019. A ways to go but Im already locked in for next year so 2019 would be the earliest opportunity.

Will be strange packing a jacket for Orlando though LOL, saying that I could have done with one in April, I was cold then, luckily Dave rescued me with a HP fleece he found in the trunk :)

Its been like 80 degrees out the past few days, ill be up there next Monday- Wednesday and one of those days checking out Volcano Bay :lol:
@Disneyhead is a theme park hero :peace::peace:

I think they desperately need to extend hours for the next month or so. The park closes at 7pm or earlier twelve times next month. It should be closing 9pm at earliest in December, nonetheless 6pm.

There's only two 6pm closures at USF in December but.. are those for a TM or private event?