Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2017 Holidays at Universal - New Wizarding World Holidays

So, we are heading down to Orlando for Christmas week, and planning to spend two of those days at Uni.
Right now, the 24th and 29th are our open days.
How bad have the crowds been during these days? I know Disney, especially MK, is an issue, but does Uni have the same problems?
Any guidance would be appreciated, especially before I buy tickets.

So, we are heading down to Orlando for Christmas week, and planning to spend two of those days at Uni.
Right now, the 24th and 29th are our open days.
How bad have the crowds been during these days? I know Disney, especially MK, is an issue, but does Uni have the same problems?
Any guidance would be appreciated, especially before I buy tickets.
If you're gonna go those days fork over the extra money for the express pass.

Universal Parks & Resorts - Holidays at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter:

This holiday season, celebrate Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ where Hogsmeade™ is transformed into a wondrous spirit. And, experience an all-new holiday spectacle with dazzling lights and music cast against the majestic backdrop of Hogwarts™ castle.

The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle
Experience an all-new holiday spectacle with dazzling lights and music cast against the majestic backdrop of Hogwarts™ castle.

Frog Choir performance - Holiday Frog Choir
Hear the sounds of the holiday season from the choir of Hogwarts™ students, accompanied by the smooth bass rumbles of their giant throaty frogs.

Holiday Décor - Stroll through the streets of Hogsmeade™ with festive décor, lights, garlands, and wreaths.

Holiday Food and Merchandise - Enjoy our delectable holiday menu at Three Broomsticks™, with seasonal food and beverage offerings including a Holiday Dinner and hot Butterbeer™. Plus, shop for holiday ware, including ornaments, stockings, tree toppers, and figurines.

At least they didn't lose power like another park but maybe this will give Universal the push to speed up expansions so for next holiday they don't have these crowd control issues.
Universal has had 7 years of Potter crowds to figure out how to do crowd control. As someone who has worked crowd control for Universal for a few years in the past, the problems are systemic and stem from a culture of management seeing guests as cattle rather than actual people.

well it still is terrible I think they are working on it here in Hollywood they significantly changed it over now then the summer version and have made it better in my opinion.

then before because now because during the summer it was a complete mess and now they have people moving as were before it was a bottleneck

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they didn't lose power like another park but maybe this will give Universal the push to speed up expansions so for next holiday they don't have these crowd control issues.
What the hell does Disneyland's power outage have to do with Universal's crowd control methods? One is voluntary; the other isn't.

Universal has had 7 years of Potter crowds to figure out how to do crowd control. As someone who has worked crowd control for Universal for a few years in the past, the problems are systemic and stem from a culture of management seeing guests as cattle rather than actual people.
This explains so many things..The castle show was one of those rare moments where being in the back of the line really helped..I ignored the directions of staff (move forward and cram in), and had a big open space in front of me for the show

I ended up staying behind near the lockers where Dragon Challenge used to be. I stood up on the raised platform there and watched it. I'm sure I missed some stuff but I could see most of it, I wasn't crammed in with nowhere to go in a large crowd, and could leave right away after it ended.

If I were smart I should have stayed on the bridge between JP and LC that they had open because that seemed like a great view though I'm sure they didn't want people standing around there.