Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2018 Rumor Thread

My money would be KidZone.

Either way, I think it's like 45% chance Kidzone, 40% chance Fear Factor, with 15% chance of Shrek

How about all 3? Once T2's replacement opens, and if they keep Animal Actors open, we won't be losing much capacity at all.

They're honestly all so bad, I'm happy with any. KidZone might actually be the least egregious of them all; it just has the most room.

Can't see an unthemed coaster being much of a tourist attendance driver by itself , except with the locals. Even those excellent new coasters (SV, Mako) did squat for Cedar Point & Sea World Orlando when they opened. . VB will probably be 2019. Need more for 2020 than just a barebones steel coaster. This isn't 6 Flags.

Last edited:
If 2020 is FFL or KidZone, JP coaster, and VB expansion, that's a pretty dang good lineup, especially if they can follow it up in 2021 with LC or whichever of FFL/KidZone didn't happen for 2020. Not to mention Park 3 coming in 2022/23? I think the future is very bright

Waiting for VB to happen in 2020 is a mistake. They need to start that now. Hell, they hit capacity this week alone! In October!
It shouldn't take but 5-6 months. They need to have it open by May, 2019. "Something new in every park" w/ T2 would be a nice promo for 2019 to combat SW.

How about all 3? Once T2's replacement opens, and if they keep Animal Actors open, we won't be losing much capacity at all.

They're honestly all so bad, I'm happy with any. KidZone might actually be the least egregious of them all; it just has the most room.

I mean, I'd be fine with all 3, but that's just not a realistic expectation. :lol:

Waiting for VB to happen in 2020 is a mistake. They need to start that now. Hell, they hit capacity this week alone! In October!
It shouldn't take but 5-6 months. They need to have it open by May, 2019. Something new in every park w/ T2.

I don't disagree, I'm jut not holding my breath that they're gonna get something together for that any time soon. I feel like we'd already be seeing permits.

That said, if it is actually time for Ministry..

giphy.gif

Can't see an unthemed coaster being much of a tourist attendance driver by itself , except with the locals. Even those excellent new coasters (SV, Mako) did squat for Cedar Point & Sea World Orlando when they opened. . VB will probably be 2019. Need more for 2020 than just a barebones steel coaster. This isn't 6 Flags.

You mean the same locals that they're attracting with that 18 month for 12 pass? Look they're building a new Jurassic Park ride, the fact it's a coaster is secondary after that.

You mean the same locals that they're attracting with that 18 month for 12 pass? Look they're building a new Jurassic Park ride, the fact it's a coaster is secondary after that.
I did say 'locals'. That JP unthemed coaster won't attract the tourists on it's own. That's where the big money is.

I'm actually going to assume whatever this closure is (seemingly Fear Factor), it would yield a 2021 attraction. Timing wise it's like the Jaws closure.

January 2nd/3rd?

I'm actually going to assume whatever this closure is (seemingly Fear Factor), it would yield a 2021 attraction. Timing wise it's like the Jaws closure.

January 2nd/3rd?

True, but the Jaws deconstruction was also a lot more involved than demolishing FFL or KidZone. Also gotta figure building a single attraction will take a lot less time than two attractions and a land supporting them.

I think they could replace the back half of KidZone or FFL in 18-20 months like they're doing with Dueling Dragons.

True, but the Jaws deconstruction was also a lot more involved than demolishing FFL or KidZone. Also gotta figure building a single attraction will take a lot less time than two attractions and a land supporting them.

I think they could replace the back half of KidZone or FFL in 18-20 months like they're doing with Dueling Dragons.

Yes, although I feel like a dark ride (presumably) is a bit more involved than coasters in a build timeframe. Either way a late 2020 addition or early 2021.

I guess the question becomes are they still building the Jurassic Park coaster?

It's interesting that all Orlando parties are starting to put out new Fall product. Especially when they previously loved May/June so much. The only reason I'm hesitant on a Universal Fall opening is that it seems pretty messy to launch new Potter around HHN.

Yes, although I feel like a dark ride (presumably) is a bit more involved than coasters in a build timeframe. Either way a late 2020 addition or early 2021.

I guess the question becomes are they still building the Jurassic Park coaster?

It's interesting that all Orlando parties are starting to put out new Fall product. Especially when they previously loved May/June so much. The only reason I'm hesitant on a Universal Fall opening is that it seems pretty messy to launch new Potter around HHN.

I've still heard the JP coaster is moving ahead for 2020.

Good point on opening Potter around HHN, but if the crowds in Diagon this past weekend during HHN were any indication, they could use more Potter during the event!

I've still heard the JP coaster is moving ahead for 2020.

Good point on opening Potter around HHN, but if the crowds in Diagon this past weekend during HHN were any indication, they could use more Potter during the event!

Absolutely. I think if JP goes ahead it (and VB) will carry 2020 and Potter will carry 2021. Although I'd love for all three quite frankly.

I'm fine with more Potter... not because it's Potter but because MOM is a completely different setting than from Hogsmeade/Diagon.

It's also a good distractor to keep crowds propped. The 3rd park is going to be pretty obvious by that point. We know Universal lives in near constant fear of people cancelling vacation plans for future projects.

I'm good either way, yea. But I'd be better with all three in 2020, then Pokemon in KidZone and Zelda in LC for 2021. #Greedy :lol:

I'd actually push Zelda in LC and Pokemon in KidZone before Potter. However, not going to complain either way. I just think that Zelda would really balance out IoA as well as introducing Nintendo in a great way. Then, they could get Ministry of Magic ready for either 2022 or 2023 to act as a nice bridge to the new park opening.