Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2019 Holidays at Universal Orlando

Wouldn’t be against Illumination grinch showing up and USF.... I loved the movie and the Illumination grinch at usj is adorable
13c3b101ecb717ec5d39b8160ac6d2991542394755_full.jpg

I saw the Holiday Tree Hunt at Rix Flix, it is new, free and you get something fun at the end...for free.

This is great. Not some lame gift like a pin or magnet either. Something I can actually use! We’ll be doing this for sure.

It's now our favorite time of the year to visit Universal. Trees & decorations EVERYWHERE.
Same. We’re flying down Saturday simply because of Christmas stuff.

We are headed down Saturday as well; we were supposed to go Sunday but with the inclement weather in the northeast, we switched to Saturday. Oh well, guess we will have to suffer an extra day at Universal :grin:. Have to do a single night at CBBR before moving to PBH, should be a cool experience!

A little behind but finally...

Universal's Christmas traditions continues at Universal Orlando as the Holidays return for the 2019 season. From November 16, 2019 to January 5, 2020, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, with returning favorites, such as Grinchmas, The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle, and Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's.

REVIEW: 2019 Holiday Season at Universal Orlando | Inside Universal

It's definitely a generational thing, not unlike The Ewok Line.

The Ewok Line | How I Met Your Mother Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
It was kind of a generational thing with me, but in a vastly different way. I was a kid when the original animated Grinch version debuted. It was one of the trinity of Christmas shows that came out about the same period in a time there were very few Christmas shows (Charlie Brown Christmas, Grinch, Rudolph) . So, that was the standard with me. I saw Carey's Grinch version in the theater when it came out, even though I don't like Carey's brand of Jerry Lewis type humor. I didn't like the movie at all. Last December I experienced Grinchmas at IOA for the first time and absolutely loved it. That spurred me to revisit Carey's movie version. And, amazingly, I liked it, after Universal altered my opinion with the very superb Grinchmas. In fact, we ended up watching it three times after that.....Tastes and opinions change sometimes.