Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2nd USH Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So thought it would be fun to ask what Lands/Shows/Attractions would you want if Universal could open a second Theme Park.

1) Hyrule, there is no other land they could make that would make me more happy than a land based of the Legend of Zelda. a Dark Ride , Roller Coaster (based off Death Mountain) and maybe a Hedge Maze (or some other walk through type attraction)

2) A New Harry Potter Area, I would not be against Diagon alley but would also welcome a new land based off the original films. Also has an area that can be used for a Nighttime Water Show near or in this land.

3) Monsters/Horrorland While I know many just want a land for Classic Monsters, I'd more of less just want them as a subland to a bigger land dedicated to Horror. Love to see a Dracula's Castle Coaster, Year Round Monster Maze, Freddy Vs Jason Dark Ride and some sort of show/attraction based off the Alien Encounter that used to be at Disney World. A BeetleJuice Show with some other famous monsters would be fun.

4) Dr. Seuss Land- Yes Florida has one but we've seen a ton of films like the Lorax and the Grinch. So think a land made for familes with two dark rides and some more family rides (spinners and bumper cars)
5) Hollywood Land - some sort of land that is mainly just sets that allow you to enter different movies. A E-Ticket Back to the Future ride, ET ride, and Dream Works rides like How to Train Your Dragon. I'd also like to see the Western Stunt show come back here.

6) Pokemon Land - I know many here wont see this as the best idea but Pokemon is huge, its the highest-grossing media franchise out there beating Star Wars and Mickey Mouse. This Land would be another Family oriented land with a Mewtwo ride based of the Amazing Spiderman ride system, a Pokemon Cruise water ride and maybe a Ride based off Pokemon Snap where you take pictures of Pokemon and can send them to your phone.

So what Lands and Rides and shows would you like to see at a second park?

Honestly speaking (although I do think we already have a thread for this, but hey, my opinions change),

• Super Nintendo World - Hyrule
  • DreamWorks Animation (HTTYD/Trolls)
  • Super Nintendo World - Pokemon City
  • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - London (Ministry of Magic [Expanded from an ride to a land] & Hogwarts Express)
  • 2 Expansion Plot's
With the idea of a second gate, it would likely need to be prepared for the sake of being able to accommodate for the environment around Universal Hollywood. More specifically, the neighbors on the hill.

Pokemon, Ministry, and Trolls could complenent this quite well, allowing them to try to make the park noise-friendly with the surrounding area. And with the evergreen nature of Pokemon, Potter, and Trolls, those three would be incredibly easy to market.

Last edited:
So what Lands and Rides and shows would you like to see at a second park?

1. A Main Street similar to IOA's, not necessarily in design/aesthetic but in purpose, setting the tone that you're going to experience something different to USH proper.

2. A DreamWorks land. I'm not the biggest fan of DW's output, but I think properties like How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda could provide for a good family-friendly land. I'd make KFP either a dark ride or a boat ride, while HTTYD should be a family coaster. Could include meet-and-greets for DW characters, or even a small show for fairy tales retold through a Shrek lens.

3. Wizarding World expansion. Obviously this is one that's been talked about enough, but it's really unavoidable. I love Diagon Alley in Orlando, but if USH wants to stand out, a new land in SoCal shouldn't be a port at this point. Recreate London, sure, but go all-in on a Ministry of Magic ride/experience. And I know Fantastic Beasts is kind of a lukewarm part of the Wizarding World now, but I think a supplemental ride focused on the idea of encountering beasts could be good (rather than focusing on all the Grindelwald-related/time period stuff). Make it similar to the idea of Hagrid's coaster but base it on the idea that, say, we're visiting a beast sanctuary Newt founded, only the beasts get out and we have to "help" find and wrangle them.

4. A Nintendo expansion. I'm not a big Nintendo fan, either, but I'm hoping for the best with USH's land. I was more excited for the Donkey Kong coaster than I am Mario Kart, but since that coaster apparently isn't happening at USH, then a second land would be great for it, and whatever other Nintendo properties people typically lean towards, like Pokemon or Zelda.

5. A Classic Monsters land. I'd model this as a "dark version of Wizarding World," with Hogwarts replaced by Dracula's castle looking over the land and the streets of Hogsmeade replaced by a Transylvanian village. I'd have the primary ride be based around the idea that Dracula's castle is seemingly abandoned, allowing for tourists to visit, but, of course, that's not true, and our presence unleashes evil. The ride could travel through the castle, catacombs, the windmill from Frankenstein, whatever you want, encountering Dracula, the Wolf Man, and Frankenstein's monster. I'd also close The Mummy over at USH (and replace it with a new thrill ride, of course) and build a better Mummy coaster in this land instead based on the idea that the influx of tourists to Transylvania has drawn opportunists, one of whom has acquired the sarcophagus of Imhotep and brought it all the way here to show it off (only for Imhotep to awaken). Throw in a walkthrough experience/show and - if I'm dreaming big - a Black Lagoon water ride.

6. Middle-Earth. I know this is a longshot, but considering it's been rumored off and on for years and the fact that I love Lord of the Rings, I'd love to see a land based around it. Not sure how a ride could fit "in canon" with it, but honestly a part of me would just be so excited to step into this world in some way, whether it's the Shire or Gondor or wherever.

7. New York City. Not the most obvious choice, and it doesn't even have to be NY, but a city setting could allow for properties to be put together in one land that can't hold up a land of their own, like Fast and Furious, which Universal has done dirty in Orlando but could make for one hell of a rollercoaster, or a property that could adopt a similar shooting gallery system to the one that Men in Black has to mix things up.

It's easy to say I want to see attractions based on old rides - I want E.T. back! I want Back to the Future back! I want Jaws back! - but I know that's just never going to happen. All I know is that in a second park, I want more actual rides, particularly themed coasters and water rides, simply because we have such a shortage of them at USH.

As much as everyone would love to see fresh theme park IPs like LOTR...

They would almost certainly duplicate any IPs/attractions they have elsewhere to save on cost, with maybe adding one or two new things to make it unique.

I would imagine the following:

DreamWorks - possibly duplicate what's coming to UFW with the rumored HTTYD or Kung Fu Panda from Beijing (if China allows it).
More Potter - probably Diagon considering it's proven popularity, though could be the rumored FB coming to UFW. Edit: if they add Diagon to USH2, they could obviously do Gringotts but also add another e-ticket like Ministry of Magic: London.
More Nintendo - Zelda and Pokemon are rumored for Orlando (USF/IOA), so it would make sense to bring one or both to Hollywood. Depending on when they build this (if ever), Hollywood could possibly get one or both sooner than Orlando (considering UOR is rumored to have put these on hold until after FW).
Classic Monsters - duplicate the rumored FW expansion

As a result, the park could be: Pokemon, Diagon, Kung Fu Panda, Classic Monsters. This would use existing (rumored) attractions, and existing partnerships or owned IPs.

This is only my guess if this park were to be built in the next five years. Anything beyond that could call for new IPs, depending on what's popular.

Edit - August 8 -
Change Fantastic Worlds to Epic Universe. :)
Also...
With Epic Universe announced, the rumored areas are still consistent with our speculation (HTTYD, FB, CM, SNW). With that, I'm still sticking with the above four proposed lands. Though honestly, I don't think the park will be built in the next five years.

Last edited:
As much as everyone would love to see fresh theme park IPs like LOTR...

They would almost certainly duplicate any IPs/attractions they have elsewhere to save on cost, with maybe adding one or two new things to make it unique.

I would imagine the following:

DreamWorks - possibly duplicate what's coming to UFW with the rumored HTTYD or Kung Fu Panda from Beijing (if China allows it).
More Potter - probably Diagon considering it's proven popularity, though could be the rumors FB coming to UFW
More Nintendo - Zelda and Pokemon are rumored for Orlando (USF/IOA), so it would make sense to bring one or both to Hollywood
Classic Monsters - duplicate the rumored FW expansion

As a result, the park could be: Pokemon, Diagon, King Fu Panda, Classic Monsters. This would use existing (rumored) attractions, and existing partnerships or owned IPs.

This is only my guess is this park were to be built in the next five years. Anything beyond that could call for new IPs, depending on what's popular.
I'm Kinda Ok with this. It all sounds good and I'd Literally cry if I lived 15 mins away from a Mario Kart ride and Zelda Themed land. It would keep me having an AP for years to come.

1. A Main Street similar to IOA's, not necessarily in design/aesthetic but in purpose, setting the tone that you're going to experience something different to USH proper.

2. A DreamWorks land. I'm not the biggest fan of DW's output, but I think properties like How to Train Your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda could provide for a good family-friendly land. I'd make KFP either a dark ride or a boat ride, while HTTYD should be a family coaster. Could include meet-and-greets for DW characters, or even a small show for fairy tales retold through a Shrek lens.

3. Wizarding World expansion. Obviously this is one that's been talked about enough, but it's really unavoidable. I love Diagon Alley in Orlando, but if USH wants to stand out, a new land in SoCal shouldn't be a port at this point. Recreate London, sure, but go all-in on a Ministry of Magic ride/experience. And I know Fantastic Beasts is kind of a lukewarm part of the Wizarding World now, but I think a supplemental ride focused on the idea of encountering beasts could be good (rather than focusing on all the Grindelwald-related/time period stuff). Make it similar to the idea of Hagrid's coaster but base it on the idea that, say, we're visiting a beast sanctuary Newt founded, only the beasts get out and we have to "help" find and wrangle them.

4. A Nintendo expansion. I'm not a big Nintendo fan, either, but I'm hoping for the best with USH's land. I was more excited for the Donkey Kong coaster than I am Mario Kart, but since that coaster apparently isn't happening at USH, then a second land would be great for it, and whatever other Nintendo properties people typically lean towards, like Pokemon or Zelda.

5. A Classic Monsters land. I'd model this as a "dark version of Wizarding World," with Hogwarts replaced by Dracula's castle looking over the land and the streets of Hogsmeade replaced by a Transylvanian village. I'd have the primary ride be based around the idea that Dracula's castle is seemingly abandoned, allowing for tourists to visit, but, of course, that's not true, and our presence unleashes evil. The ride could travel through the castle, catacombs, the windmill from Frankenstein, whatever you want, encountering Dracula, the Wolf Man, and Frankenstein's monster. I'd also close The Mummy over at USH (and replace it with a new thrill ride, of course) and build a better Mummy coaster in this land instead based on the idea that the influx of tourists to Transylvania has drawn opportunists, one of whom has acquired the sarcophagus of Imhotep and brought it all the way here to show it off (only for Imhotep to awaken). Throw in a walkthrough experience/show and - if I'm dreaming big - a Black Lagoon water ride.

6. Middle-Earth. I know this is a longshot, but considering it's been rumored off and on for years and the fact that I love Lord of the Rings, I'd love to see a land based around it. Not sure how a ride could fit "in canon" with it, but honestly a part of me would just be so excited to step into this world in some way, whether it's the Shire or Gondor or wherever.

7. New York City. Not the most obvious choice, and it doesn't even have to be NY, but a city setting could allow for properties to be put together in one land that can't hold up a land of their own, like Fast and Furious, which Universal has done dirty in Orlando but could make for one hell of a rollercoaster, or a property that could adopt a similar shooting gallery system to the one that Men in Black has to mix things up.

It's easy to say I want to see attractions based on old rides - I want E.T. back! I want Back to the Future back! I want Jaws back! - but I know that's just never going to happen. All I know is that in a second park, I want more actual rides, particularly themed coasters and water rides, simply because we have such a shortage of them at USH.
Minus New York and LOTR, you basically described what Fantastic Worlds is rumored to be, without actually mentioning Fantastic Worlds. :p

Edit - August 8:
Epic Universe, not Fantastic Worlds. :)

Last edited:
TBH, I'm putting bet on that it's very much the first sign to it. And I'll add further, that I am not going to be shocked if this means they have put a form of plan in, leading for 2028 on both studio and theme park for expansion and growth (almost to that, of an Evolution Plan level investment).

Especially as NBCUniversal and Universal City was already being planned for the Media Center for the sake of LA2024, so I'd imagine they'd still be on-board for the sake of 2028.

Agreed!
The park is full.
They don't really have any other way to make significant growth without building a second gate.
I just hope it comes before 2028! 2025/26 would be nice :)

Anyone think its crazy how the park's attendance has increased by the millions this past decade and the footprint of the park is still the same if not smaller. The walkways on the upper lot especially have gotten smaller with the new shops, buildings, and the wizarding world. Just about every part of the park is a choke point even on slow days.

Anyone think its crazy how the park's attendance has increased by the millions this past decade and the footprint of the park is still the same if not smaller. The walkways on the upper lot especially have gotten smaller with the new shops, buildings, and the wizarding world. Just about every part of the park is a choke point even on slow days.

Yep, it's crazy.
Attendence has increased 44% since 2011, that's incredible considering it's one of the smallest theme parks.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't made efforts to create new walkways/pathways eg around the back of Animal actors/SES just to add more breathing room.

They added Potterland, the AP's are cheap, besides Christmas/Spring Break/Christmas they are not crowded which I think people know so people rather go there than a packed place like Disneyland.

I think Nintendoland will also really help like Potter it excites but kids and adults, which is why I've very interested to see what they do after the land opens...to me if they make another big move like announce another new land or subland they could become a part that year round is crowded

They added Potterland, the AP's are cheap, besides Christmas/Spring Break/Christmas they are not crowded which I think people know so people rather go there than a packed place like Disneyland.

Huh??? They are crowded as hell many more times a year than that, it's becoming really uncomfortable.

I think Nintendoland will also really help like Potter it excites but kids and adults, which is why I've very interested to see what they do after the land opens...to me if they make another big move like announce another new land or subland they could become a part that year round is crowded

I agree, I'd like to see them announce another multi year investment, but they appear to not want to advertise any new ride until it's open of late, will probably be the same with Pets and SNW.
The only thing I could see them making a full announcement for would be if they do decide to add a second gate.

And it's crazier that USH only gets about 1 million less guests a year than USF, and USF is twice the size.

People may scoff at the thought of a second gate, but with the way crowds are, USH would be crazy to not even consider it. With that Studio Tour survey trying to see if they can charge separately for it, I think they are.

Honestly, it makes a lot of sense to expand USH out to a proper resort. Especially with how Comcast has been continually investing into the park's worldwide, it makes a whole lot of sense to expand in a large way.

Hell, it could even be their own way of trying to combat the Olympics in the sense of capacity, to ensure that they can handle the traffic activity that will be coming around; especially if NBCU is still going forward with the rest of the stages.

Huh??? They are crowded as hell many more times a year than that, it's becoming really uncomfortable.

I agree, I'd like to see them announce another multi year investment, but they appear to not want to advertise any new ride until it's open of late, will probably be the same with Pets and SNW.
The only thing I could see them making a full announcement for would be if they do decide to add a second gate.
Well summer is ending soon and they are closing at 6 PM....so they sure the hell is don't think they are that busy.

Well summer is ending soon and they are closing at 6 PM....so they sure the hell is don't think they are that busy.

They have been open till 9/10 all summer, and opening late or not doesn't mean they are not packed. The park simply isn't designed to handle the crowds it gets.

They have been open till 9/10 all summer, and opening late or not doesn't mean they are not packed. The park simply isn't designed to handle the crowds it gets.
If you are packed you stay open...they do this 3 times in the year (besides Halloween which is an extra ticketed event)

I agree the park is not made to handle the crowds...I went on Wednesday night and it was insane for a weekday in August. But If you go on a Sunday during most the year its not bad, walk ons on most rides until the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.