A 4th On-Site Hotel? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

A 4th On-Site Hotel?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how legitimate this Screamscape report is. A moderate resort would certainly fill a need that Universal is beginning to experience. And opening in a few years would put it just before the opening of WWoHP2.

From that location, the resort would probably have some of the best park views on property.

I like the idea of this hotel; Loew's hotels never disappoint. And with attendance increasing, it also makes sense. As someone said earlier, if all goes as planned, and opens when scheduled, it will be just in time for Potter World #2.

I think a better use of that land would be for some sort of attraction, but that's just me.

Also, I know I'm one of the few voices, but HHN?

^How could that be used for an attraction? It is outside the limits of IOA and across a road no less. Are you talking about making a park/waterpark on the site? :inquisitive:

^How could that be used for an attraction? It is outside the limits of IOA and across a road no less.

That, and one of the biggest complaints out there about UOR is that they lack affordable lodging.

I love the resorts they have, but they DESPERATELY need a resort with a lower price point.

They're two vastly different designs though. Once 1950s/60s American(if I had to guess), and one is Colonial style Asian....
Sort of like the Boardwalk Hotel at Disney? Hmm maybe we'll get some Amity references...I think this would be a great lead in to a water park and a great use of the land. Their would still be room for one more hotel and maybe an add on to Citywalk...

Sort of like the Boardwalk Hotel at Disney? Hmm maybe we'll get some Amity references...I think this would be a great lead in to a water park and a great use of the land. Their would still be room for one more hotel and maybe an add on to Citywalk...

They could definitely use a lot of the nautical props from Amity, and this could be the new home of photo-op sharky.

Bump.

Someone at the MAGICal place is alleging that work has begun on this hotel.

I'm skeptical as I've seen no permits, and no one here has mentioned it.

ETA: Does anyone know if Universal City Builders would be involved in getting permits for the hotel, or would it be a separate entity/Loews?

Last edited:
It depends if Lowes is the company joining or not. This could be Universal's first attempt at running their own hotel since it is a value concept. But likely it will be managed through another company renting the space.

We know it has been in the planning for a long time. I heard about it from a Universal exec long before Potter was announced (as did my dog, long story) So for sure it is at least planned and a healthy idea. If they want to use that land that is not big enough for a park for a value resort as attendance to the park grows, it is a brilliant idea. They can eat that market that they have never been able to eat on with the upscale lodging they have onsite and all the competitors near by offering such cheap rates.

Bump.

Someone at the MAGICal place is alleging that work has begun on this hotel.

I'm skeptical as I've seen no permits, and no one here has mentioned it.

ETA: Does anyone know if Universal City Builders would be involved in getting permits for the hotel, or would it be a separate entity/Loews?

While its only a matter of time before a value hotel is built, I have to wonder if those folks are confused with all the old Jaws rubble being broken down into filler. They are simply using that land for that and to most it would seem as if its actual construction for a hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.