A Note from Us..... Our Future | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

A Note from Us..... Our Future

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will we cover the new Meet & Greet at Disney? No. :lol:

But we will be covering and discussing all the high-to-medium tier additions coming to Disney. Same applies for SW and BGT.

If anything else, it's because I still love Disney and looking forward to Avatar, TSL, and SWL. :lol:

I think this is essential to having a good insight to Universal. Knowing what the neighbours are doing with how heated the competition is getting can be a clue for timing of rides and lands opening.

Reactions: LieutLaww
I think this is essential to having a good insight to Universal. Knowing what the neighbours are doing with how heated the competition is getting can be a clue for timing of rides and lands opening.

Goes a little beyond that thought rationale. It would be very close-minded of us not to acknowledge that there are great additions coming to other areas around Orlando, especially Disney. A lot of sites that dedicate themselves to covering just 1 Resort miss out due to rose-colored glasses.

I think DisBoards has done a great job in recent years saying "OK we're experts in Disney and cover it well, but we have to give Universal their due as well". Other sites have this "ONLY 1 CAN BE KING" mentality when the common tourist could give 2 :poop: less.

Can we get an app with this by any chance? I really liked the old app better than the going though the mobile browser.

No plans for app at this time.

I think it's a good time to make a couple things clear.

There has been concern from both sites about coverage; as to whether one will supersede the other. That will not be the case. We understand Orlando gets a lot more coverage, simply based on location and the size compared to Hollywood - so to make up for that, we will have the spotlight shine on Hollywood a bit more so it does not get lost in the shuffle.

Another thing I want to make sure is understood.... While we are trying to make the impact of this merge a minimal impact on the user experience from both sites, there are going to have to be some compromises done. Basically, we can't please everyone. I don't want this to be taken as a negative - just setting the expectation that not everything will be the same.

I'm new on this thread, but I'm hearing a site from USH will be joining ours? Am I correct, or will there be an entirely new site with both merged? Someone please explain.

I'm new on this thread, but I'm hearing a site from USH will be joining ours? Am I correct, or will there be an entirely new site with both merged? Someone please explain.
For new threads it pays to read the first post so you are informed.

OU and IU are merging under the Inside Universal brand. IU covers USH along with Knotts and Disneyland.

OU and IU are merging under the Inside Universal brand. IU covers USH along with Knotts and Disneyland.

I'm really curious to see how all this plays out. The more people posting, the better analysis of photos.

I don't doubt most people will stick to their own areas but it's a big step in the right direction of great things.

I'm really curious to see how all this plays out. The more people posting, the better analysis of photos.

I don't doubt most people will stick to their own areas but it's a big step in the right direction of great things.
The forum discussions at Inside Universal were pretty small so I wouldn't expect a huge increase. But, even if it's only a few, it'll be a plus. The more the merrier. :)

The forum discussions at Inside Universal were pretty small so I wouldn't expect a huge increase. But, even if it's only a few, it'll be a plus. The more the merrier. :)
I am always amazed at what pops up during construction or operations discussions. Just today I saw a complete breakdown of how Freestyle is marketed along with the refill cups. That is candy for my eyes, the gondola blogger brings great knowledge to the subject, the pool/pump person for insight to VB etc. I love seeing posts from people that really know not just forum rats.

Reactions: Doug A. and Mad Dog
I am always amazed at what pops up during construction or operations discussions. Just today I saw a complete breakdown of how Freestyle is marketed along with the refill cups. That is candy for my eyes, the gondola blogger brings great knowledge to the subject, the pool/pump person for insight to VB etc. I love seeing posts from people that really know not just forum rats.

I'd be interested in hearing about Freestyle marketing.