Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A Note from Us..... Our Future

Are the forums going to carry over or are we going to have to start anew with usernames, topics, etc..?

IU is a great site, and hearing IU merge with them will be very interesting.

Does that mean that OUs forums will be renamed as USHForums, or will USHForums and the OU forums will merge with an entirely new name?

Wow! This is the complete opposite direction I saw all of this going based on the past years updates. Even as I was reading the message, I was expecting John to take over. This is a huge undertaking and super exciting @BriMan. Congrats!

If you have any questions - here's the space to do it. We’ll be as honest as we can be, without giving too much of our future plans away.

A Note from the Editor – Orlando United
What timing. Taking a cue from Universal's new ad program marketing Orlando & Hollywood together. Hope the OU Forum's format stays similar. This is probably the easiest Forum to follow. The others get a bit messy & confusing which makes discussions difficult.

They have...

I'd hope they'd be coming here.
I'd imagine the OU Forums will turn into the "Inside Universal Forums," and would close USH Forums. Maybe @BriMan could could share! (Also, how will live Tweets from the park be separated between UO and USH?) Can't wait for this! :clap:

Do we know which forum software and main website software will be taking over for the new site? or will it be completely new?

I got to say I don't really like IU's more muted color scheme. I always thought OU's logo was very lively. Especially, since the new logo and stuff debuted a few years back.

I'd recommend including "formally Orlando United" underneath the new logo or something like that. I wouldn't want any current but less active users of the forum, facebook, twitter, Youtube, etc. to be confused and distanced by any sudden change.

I hope that the informational 1st post that @BriMan started a while ago continues with the merge. I think it is a great way for new members to inform themselves on each thread, so they do not jump into the conversation blind.

Most importantly, I hope this merger starts as a conversation before any major changes to the forum structure occur.

All in all, this is gonna be exciting/interesting. I wish IU, OU, all administrators/moderators, and especially @BriMan the best of luck in the future.

Sorry this is kinda unorganized

This is something I've been pushing for, for what seemshe like forever. We wanted to cover Universal Studios Hollywood but knew we didn't have the resources or knowledge to do it right.

The team that's joining us here are the absolute best Universal Studios Hollywood reporters and fans you will find. They are quite literally experts in their field so to speak.

It will be somewhat sad to see the OU logo and name retired but given the plans to cover so much more it didn't make sense to keep a name that focuses strictly on one city.

I'm personally excited, nervous, and anxious to show all of the readers between both sites everything that's on the horizon. Huge things are planned and this is just the beginning. Thank you all for your continued support and look forward to unveiling the future soon.

I know that OU and IU have come very far in their ventures because a Wikipedia article of decent length could be written on the two.

Last edited:
Another big q, what's the plan for the podcasts? Will there be an IU Orlando and an IU Hollywood podcast? Will there be just one podcast with more people?

This is something I've been pushing for, for what seemshe like forever.

I BLAME ANDY!

----

I've been working with Brian on this since the new year and I'm happy to see the news finally out. My role as a mod remains the same as we also fold in mods from the USH Forums. I don't have answers for technical aspects of this all as that's outside of my scope, but I know Brian and Jon are working hard to make this as beneficial and seamless for everyone.

As for logo treatment, well, you've already seen a hint of it.

Another big q, what's the plan for the podcasts? Will there be an IU Orlando and an IU Hollywood podcast? Will there be just one podcast with more people?

The idea is to have one IU podcast, covering both coasts but are listening to feedback. No official decision has been made.

The idea is to have one IU podcast, covering both coasts but are listening to feedback. No official decision has been made.
I'd hope that it becomes longer then because I'd want the episodes to have ample time to discuss both coasts. I'd also hope that you guys continuing discussing news that isn't necessarily just Universal, such as Skyplex, WDW, SWO, etc. I understand that two separate podcasts would make things complicated though, especially for international topics. I can't wait to see what the future holds.