"Adult" Halloween Event for DCA? | Inside Universal Forums

"Adult" Halloween Event for DCA?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal

Posted this on the Oogie Boogie thread, but this is an interesting new “meet and greet” for Disney.

It’s also worth noting that some cast members did a thrown-together haunt that went through the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail that was only for cast members and their families. (I’ve seen the video to back this up, I just can’t find it on YT)

Some people were reportedly given a survey about how people would feel about doing an adult Halloween event (akin to KSF and HHN) at DCA.

With Disney Letting their CMs do that, giving out surveys, and having zombie Capt. America, I wonder if Disney is testing the waters to see how people would feel about a horror event at DCA? I think Disney would do a baller job making their own event!

After you’re done laughing at this post, just think about how much money they would make if they were to do haunts based off of the Nightmare Before Christmas or Marvel Zombies. If they had a Marvel Zombies House and scarezone, I would probably jump at an opportunity to buy tickets. That would practically be a money printer for Disney. It would also be pretty rad to have considering I never got to experience the Marvel scarezone from Islands of Fear all those years ago.

So what do you think?

I know I'm part of the problem but I'd probably still pay it just out of sheer morbid curiosity.
I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't try a DHS haunt if it ever happened. But I don't see a Disney haunt being scary enough to really grab me personally for an every year visit. Might end up being a good stepping stone for kids before they're ready for HHN though

And our reaction will probably be “they’re charging that much for THIS?” based on precedent.

But… if Disney is really serious about making a “scary haunt“ event… and maybe just maybe we see Alien (yah, a xenomorph) back in the Disney parks as maze… then that would be worth it for me.

Don’t know if that will happen though because we just don’t know what an American Disney Separate Ticketed Haunt Event would look like. However, that would be awesome.

Feels like it's somewhat worth bringing up the elephant in the room. They've technically done something similar before.

Fairly different situation rights wise there cause of Hong Kong, I'm pretty sure. But they definitely have more horror stuff to work with now than they did then.

Reactions: Freak and Grabnar
Feels like it's somewhat worth bringing up the elephant in the room. They've technically done something similar before.

Fairly different situation rights wise there cause of Hong Kong, I'm pretty sure. But they definitely have more horror stuff to work with now than they did then.

Also, Paris did a separately ticketed event that was all about scare zones and scare actors in the Tower of Terror (turning it into somewhat of a haunted house as some may call it). Also yes, that event was all about scares like a normal haunt event.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
While I don't see the US parks doing anything on the levels of KSF/HHN, especially since the former is up the street, I can totally see them doing a nice in-between kind of event. DCA would be a great place to do that, and if they wanted they could do the more kid-friendly event in DL.

Either way, I'd like to see them go a lil darker. The potential is there, and if there's a resort that's gonna' try that, DLR is far more likely to give it a shot than WDW.

I don't see why they can't just add an actual haunted house to the event. There are like 3 unused soundstages in Hollywoodland that would be perfect for it. So all the actual scary stuff can be contained in one place, they don't have to go all out the first year, see how popular it is, then adjust the year after. If they really wanted, they could do Oogie Boogey Bash in DCA and Mickey's Not So Scary in Disneyland for the kids and families.

If Disney does do a legit Horror event with houses, I imagine they would probably be a bit more on the theatrical side than just a normal walk-thru house. The houses you see in Hong Kong are a good example of what I’m talking about.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and chris.g
I mean even if they made just fun mazes...I would very much be down for that.

Love they added new characters to this event just because

I legitimately think that if Disney is developing a scare event of some kind for the domestic parks; that Alien will be the headlining IP.

It was considered for the OG Alien Encounter, and has a lot of material that could easily work well for a "Theatrical" maze. It also allows them to market direct to the Adult crowd, while also being a bit safe.

I legitimately think that if Disney is developing a scare event of some kind for the domestic parks; that Alien will be the headlining IP.

It was considered for the OG Alien Encounter, and has a lot of material that could easily work well for a "Theatrical" maze. It also allows them to market direct to the Adult crowd, while also being a bit safe.
If there’s an Alien movie coming out next year, I could totally see that. Otherwise, I think Marvel zombies would be an even bigger headlining IP for such an event.

If there’s an Alien movie coming out next year, I could totally see that. Otherwise, I think Marvel zombies would be an even bigger headlining IP for such an event.

With the FX series coming out I believe next year, there is absolute sense to have Alien be the headliner. Combine that with a Marvel Zombies Scarezone, and I think that could be a really good start to give some edge.

Alien would be great. I do hope that Alien properly gets its own haunt someday.

Similar to you, I have always thought that a Disney haunt could reuse a lot of scrapped attraction concepts.

Picture a Museum of the Weird 3D maze, that could be really fun.