After-Hours Magic Kingdom Event | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

After-Hours Magic Kingdom Event

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Meh. Anyone who doesn't realize all these theme parks are out to make money and are a business is pretty silly and their bubble was going to be popped at some point.
Disney's new CEO
MartinDouche-660x330.jpg

Well not really. It is limited to 3,000 people. If you stay onsite there is more than 3,000 of you. I don't know if this will phase out EMH, but my guess is that it will not since right now this is only MK. I think this is more of a test to grab more cash than take away benefits from on-site people. Especially all the other tests they are running like closer parking up charge. All of this seems a way to make more money.

$75, 1000 or less, two rides, all you can drink non alcoholic and eat ice cream in Diagon Alley.

Meh. Anyone who doesn't realize all these theme parks are out to make money and are a business is pretty silly and their bubble was going to be popped at some point.

Yeah lets all turn around and bend over.

$75, 1000 or less, two rides, all you can drink non alcoholic and eat ice cream in Diagon Alley.

Yeah lets all turn around and bend over.

I didn't mean it that way. He said he felt sorry for them because the Magic is broken. I really don't. I like Disney, but I know it is a business. There is no magic, they want your money and will do anything to get it. All of the theme parks are the same way. That is why Universal and Sea World have had preferred parking for years. I didn't mean we should bend over and take whatever they give us. We are the consumers and we vote by spending our money. If we stop spending our money because things are out of hand the company has to change. If no one buys these tickets it goes away. If people do, they expand it to other parks. Honestly, this and the parking do not effect me as I won't be spending my money on them. As a consumer I have that right and I will exercise it. If others do, that is them. Do I see value in it? No. I think it is a dumb thing to waste my money on.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
Is this $150 plus admission or just a separate ticket?

Yes, separate event. You buy it and get in at 7 PM, but the last 3 hours of the park opening is just people who have this ticket. So it will be run similar to other ticketed events, but way less will be sold and only select attractions will be open that last 3 hours.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yes, separate event. You buy it and get in at 7 PM, but the last 3 hours of the park opening is just people who have this ticket. So it will be run similar to other ticketed events, but way less will be sold and only select attractions will be open that last 3 hours.

If I was only going to Magic Kingdom for a single day, I'd give this some serious consideration. It's only about $30 more than a single day ticket, you could probably drink and eat your way through enough ice cream to justify the extra money spent plus you'd get several hours to go on some of the more popular rides with about 15x less people in the park.

Reactions: Fatality
If I was only going to Magic Kingdom for a single day, I'd give this some serious consideration. It's only about $30 more than a single day ticket, you could probably drink and eat your way through enough ice cream to justify the extra money spent plus you'd get several hours to go on some of the more popular rides with about 15x less people in the park.

I agree. I think some single day people going to MK may select this option. From 7 to closing they do all the non-popular rides and then do the popular ones the last 3 hours. I think they need more things open than those listed. Like Pirates, HM, and Pooh should be included in the open rides. I am thinking the number of rides open beyond those announced will be determined by the number of tickets sold that night. So if they sell out more rides will be open, if they only sell 1k tickets then it will just be those announced.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I was there on last Thursday and saw someone with the badge around their neck for this event. The park was pretty dead to begin with, so honestly those people on Thursday did not get their money's worth. Our friends pretty much road everything in Fantasy Land and Tomorrowland by 1:30 PM. We went back and road rides multiple times, Space Mountain had only a 20 minute wait (posted as 40), Splash was walk on, all the normal ones were walk ons (Buzz, LM, etc). Pirates was a 5 minute wait, jungle was 20 and that was mid-day. Overall you could ride everything you wanted and multiple times if you wanted before 11 PM closing. Even Mine Train was a 30 minute posted time and everything was way lower of a wait than posted.

I imagine most people know that this is the case this time of year, so my guess is this will be more popular in the summer months.

Supposedly they have a cap of 3000 tickets for these nights. I would assume if 3000 was their goal they must have calculated the profit point for it. But to have only had 1/3 of that and more than half of those were comps, they must have lost a ton of money on it for that first night.

Supposedly they have a cap of 3000 tickets for these nights. I would assume if 3000 was their goal they must have calculated the profit point for it. But to have only had 1/3 of that and more than half of those were comps, they must have lost a ton of money on it for that first night.

I imagine the profit point is well below 3000, but I can't imagine it was anywhere close to 400 though. I really don't think this will be successful. But I also think they made a huge mistake starting it in their slow season. If they wanted to do this they should have either started it during Spring Break, Memorial weekend, or Summer. Starting it on a slow day in a slow season was silly and a bad business decision.