After-Hours Magic Kingdom Event | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

After-Hours Magic Kingdom Event

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I could see the benefit for DVC - especially those who buy daily tickets. But for APs? They have the option of going anytime.

The only benefit to Passholders is special events. Like if it was close to my daughters birthday I could see just her and I going out and that being a birthday gift for her. She would really get a kick out of being able to ride any coaster as many times as she wanted and get ice cream. Yes, late at night we get to ride coasters a bunch of times as the lines die down, but it is the last hour and normally we only do one of the coasters multiple times. But with 3 to 4 hours of no lines we could start with Thunder/splash, take a stop and do Peter once or twice, move and do Mine a bunch of times, and then end with space a bunch of times. But I wouldn't spend the money unless it was a gift or a special thing for her.

The Epcot Wind Down was at least paired with food/drink and catered to a specific target audience. To have rides open you need broad appeal and a decent number of ticket buys..

To give you an idea of "how many tickets?" one factoid that has stuck in my brain came from former WDI vet Eddie Sotto ages ago - it takes 10,000 paid park admissions to put Epcot in the black operationally. If there are less guests, it doesn't behoove them to open the doors.

MK operating for any length of time, though admittedly offset by the cost of operating for the normal day covering some of it in overlaps, has to be fairly high.

Making this a head scratcher as to how they plan to make it profitable.

The Epcot Wind Down was at least paired with food/drink and catered to a specific target audience. To have rides open you need broad appeal and a decent number of ticket buys..

To give you an idea of "how many tickets?" one factoid that has stuck in my brain came from former WDI vet Eddie Sotto ages ago - it takes 10,000 paid park admissions to put Epcot in the black operationally. If there are less guests, it doesn't behoove them to open the doors.

MK operating for any length of time, though admittedly offset by the cost of operating for the normal day covering some of it in overlaps, has to be fairly high.

Making this a head scratcher as to how they plan to make it profitable.

Since they cap it at 3k, I imagine their break even point would be around 2k and pure profit after 2k. Otherwise this wouldn't be worth the effort they put into it. Since it is only 3 hours, it is 3 hours of operations employees that you are paying. Since they shut some rides/shows down, it sounds like all eateries except 2, all carts except ice cream, they would be cutting down their hourly operations costs that it normally takes to run the parks. We aren't talking about a ton of employees they have to pay on average $12 an hour for 3 extra hours.

Now with all that said, I can't see this being viable outside of the busy seasons (Spring, Summer, & Holidays). They won't be able to sell the 3k outside of those seasons.