Ahsoka (Disney+) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Ahsoka (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Clone Wars is like 10% great and 90% unwatchable tripe

Rebels is better, but still just caught up in memberberries too much to be truly good.

Everything live action he's had a hand in is nearly unwatchable, outside of Mando S1.
To each his own but there are a lot of strong arcs and episodes in clone wars, 10% would be 13 episodes...lol

Rookies and the episodes that follow the members after, Ashoka episodes (after season 2), The Yoda Arc, Maul/Savage Opress arcs, Asajj Ventress arc, Cad Banes Episodes and Deathwatch

I thought it was a great 3 episodes so far. I'll give you ep 1 and ep 2 could have been a few minutes shorter each, but they had their purpose. Tons of fan service and Easter eggs for the folks that have seen Rebels, and some character introductions for those that haven't.

Ep 3 was good start to finish. It set up Hera's role and fleshing out the political turmoil that existed after Endor. Then Master and Padawan reconnecting and learning each other.

My only concern is that it relies too heavily on character investment from Rebels. If you haven't seen Rebels or Clone Wars you probably have no connection to Ashoka or any of the Ghost crew, which will be a turn off to the general public and hurt ratings.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Episode 4 was, imo, the best episode of a non-Andor Star Wars show since probably the Mando S2 Finale. Great way to finish off the first half of the season.
Agreed. Baylan and Ahsoka’s duel was excellent, and I’m loving the dual master and apprentice rivalry they’ve set up. Plus, the music in this show is probably the best of the shows (and several of the movies).

Not so sure that character at the end is who they appear to be, though.

I think the first three episodes are slow

Episode 4 was almost perfect in pacing and types of action and story telling

The Duel was well done but so was just everything else happening in the episode.

Reactions: Nick
I think the first three episodes are slow

Episode 4 was almost perfect in pacing and types of action and story telling

The Duel was well done but so was just everything else happening in the episode.
Baylan and Shin are the best thing about this series so far by far.

If we’re being honest, Ahsoka and Sabine have been pretty boring and because of that, hard to root for. Ahsoka always seems miserable and they’ve made Sabine such a screw up while also bringing little entertainment value.

Because of what I said about Sabine and Ahsoka, I really like that Sabine is now with the antagonists as I think it will make her more interesting and Ahsoka being on her own will also likely allow her to be a more interesting character.

this was one of the best episodes for anything D+ Star Wars. (Episode Spoilers in the Inline) This was as much an episode of self-introspection as it was an episode of looking to the errors that Ahsoka and Anakin made to eachother--alongside having one of the best end sequences with the whales.

I also want to give props to Hayden and Ariana Greenblatt embodied these two characters in the mental flashes. Costume design and prosthetics are also incredible to see.

This episode was great all around. Glad this series has really stepped it up over the past few episodes.

Also props to Filoni a on a beautifully directed episode, his best directed episode by far. This gives me a lot of hope for his film as prior to this I’ve thought episodes he’s directed have mostly been mediocre at best.

I think Episode 4 is still the best one so far

I think Episode 5 does work for both fans and none fans of Clone Wars, but Episode 4 to me comes ahead because it feels fresh to me.

I thought last night episode was great and think It was Hayden best acting for the character since the scenes in Episode 3 when he is alone making up his mind on if he will stop Mace or not.

Reactions: Nick
So the main theory that I keep seeing is that
Anakin is now essentially a Mortis God, which explains both why he wasn’t a force ghost and why he remembered things from every time period of his life and could change between Anakin and Vader on a dime.

I think Dave is setting up something much bigger.
I don’t think Ashoka is returning to this galaxy. The lesson to Sabine was “destroy the map to prevent Thrawn from returning”. A lesson Ashoka might have to face herself in destroying the hyperspace ring. Preventing all of them from returning.

Imagine a blank canvas for Dave Filoni to create new Star Wars stories without the baggage of canon in the current galaxy. You have all the ingredients you would need.

In my mind, Thrawn has ascended to a position of power and built up his forces. Maybe already oppressing the people of that galaxy. With Baylan, Shin, and Morgan possibly bringing more of the Dark Side with them, the Force would need balance. Enter Ashoka, Ezra, and Sabine and a new galaxy of stories to create.

Maybe Ashoka is not dead in the Sequel Trilogies. Maybe Din, Grogu, and Bo-Katan bring the Mandalorians and others with them to Peridea somehow. Probably with the help of Hera and Jacen's connection with Ashoka through the force.
I might be wildly off base but I just had to get this out of my head.

I don’t think Ashoka is returning to this galaxy. The lesson to Sabine was “destroy the map to prevent Thrawn from returning”. A lesson Ashoka might have to face herself in destroying the hyperspace ring. Preventing all of them from returning.

Imagine a blank canvas for Dave Filoni to create new Star Wars stories without the baggage of canon in the current galaxy. You have all the ingredients you would need.

In my mind, Thrawn has ascended to a position of power and built up his forces. Maybe already oppressing the people of that galaxy. With Baylan, Shin, and Morgan possibly bringing more of the Dark Side with them, the Force would need balance. Enter Ashoka, Ezra, and Sabine and a new galaxy of stories to create.

Maybe Ashoka is not dead in the Sequel Trilogies. Maybe Din, Grogu, and Bo-Katan bring the Mandalorians and others with them to Peridea somehow. Probably with the help of Hera and Jacen's connection with Ashoka through the force.
I have no doubt this show is to allow a set up for more things ouside the current canon. The question will be with Disney is where it it is out how long until we could see them do things with this new Galaxy. Ashoka not coming back would be very bold of them and we will see if they do it or not.

I’m with you 100%, although I have a feeling Thrawn will make it back to the og galaxy for a while. I think his defeat will be the final push for the New Republic to go “See? We won” and inadvertently give the First Order all the time it needs to grow.

Lars proves once again why he is the perfect Thrawn. Regardless of the medium, there is a genuine cadence and poise that comes to the calculative and deciving nature.

What I loved about this episode was on the exploration and beginning to introduce elements and factors for the new Galaxy; to show the various elements of the planet alongside reintroducing Thrawn and Ezra in the ways that they did.

Solid Episode glad we got as much as well I will say. The show should be called something besides Ahsoka because they are not the main character half these episodes

Really enjoyed this week’s episode.

Thrawn is pitch perfect for me as a fan of both the books and Rebels, and I’m a sucker for a battle on three fronts at once. Ahsoka feels lighter; I’m glad the stoic stiffness of the first few episodes was a roadblock and not her new normal.

Also enjoying the bits of connective tissue to the sequels re: Hera and the New Republic. I like how Clone Wars smooths over a few loose threads in the prequels, and I’m glad they’re taking the time to do the same for the sequels.

(Sidebar: I hope the way they use Leia is the standard going forward for the OT characters. Offscreen but engaged is far preferable to CGI faces for me)

Baylan’s starting to wear on me a bit, though. Ray Stevenson performs well as always, but I feel like mysterious one liners can only take him so far. I really hope we see what he’s looking for next week.

I mean for me, I love Balyan and Shin. Shin has grown on me and Balyan is just interesting to me.

Thrawn, feels very much like his OG book self vs the more....."kinder" version we got in the new books and rebels.

Loved connecting OT characters to the story, just feels right that these characters would stick up for people doing the right thing as these senators want to sit back...and just do nothing.

It's a really story episode and.....I just don't get why this feels sooooo good but like Obi Wan, Boba Fett and season 3 of Mando felt so off compared to this.

It's a really story episode and.....I just don't get why this feels sooooo good but like Obi Wan, Boba Fett and season 3 of Mando felt so off compared to this.
I think because Dave has worked almost exclusively in TV he has a really solid grasp on how to do 30-minute storytelling. There are other factors too, but for the most part every episode he’s touched stands on it’s own without detouring too far away from the overall arc of the season.

I think because Dave has worked almost exclusively in TV he has a really solid grasp on how to do 30-minute storytelling. There are other factors too, but for the most part every episode he’s touched stands on it’s own without detouring too far away from the overall arc of the season.
Yeah, many times this show feels like a live action Clone Wars/Rebels not in a bad way just cool it fits the live action series but also still has vibes of the cartoon TV shows

Watched the last two episodes and really enjoyed them. Ahsoka The White is already a much more enjoyable version of Ahsoka to watch on screen too and Sabine is in a more interesting place as well.

It also feels like we are definitely working our way to seeing a young Leia return to the screen via a portrayal by Billie Lourd (who has portrayed a younger Leia in the past).

Reactions: saint.piss