Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

If Zootopia comes to AK it will be sweet sweet vengeance from some previous debates here

But yet...It will not taste as sweet as I had hoped

Also, Nemo was a great show and underrated

With Nemo gone and Primeval Whirl getting Demo’d soon, they have a lot of land to do something all connected. They probably won’t, but they should.

With Nemo gone and Primeval Whirl getting Demo’d soon, they have a lot of land to do something all connected. They probably won’t, but they should.
AK has one of the best lands in the whole Resort..and one of the best coasters

And yet..still feels like it's full of inefficiently used space

Well this has been a flurry of info, hasn't it?

For Everest, yeah I don't see the Yeti getting truly fixed at this point. It would require a far longer refurb due to the setup and situation it's in, it would be far more likely they'd do some sort of projection mapping than to fix the concrete pad.

Meanwhile for Nemo, that is incredibly unfortunate. I really feel for the cast and crew since by all accounts it was a really good show, but along with the rumors that various setpieces were in poor condition...that's another equity actor production Disney no longer has to pay for. The company seems to be rolling with the idea that "Less is More", but for the guests it's "Pay More for Less.". It's a...bitter truth.

If they’re turning Epcot into San serif Magic Kingdom then this would turn DAK into Papyrus Magic Kingdom.

It would, and I know there's those in Imagineering who're still trying to uphold the vision/concept/bible of AK, but is that enough to uphold it when it's pretty clear the company wants to make all the parks homogeneous to be like MK?

I guess Indy is dead in the water

It's a shame we don't have a land of some kind devoted to the IP here, there really is so much you could do

For Everest, yeah I don't see the Yeti getting truly fixed at this point. It would require a far longer refurb due to the setup and situation it's in, it would be far more likely they'd do some sort of projection mapping than to fix the concrete pad.
I don't know the nuts and bolts of Everest's interior...but if they replaced/covered the Yeti with a projection, I wouldn't be surprised

AK seems to be struggling with attendance, even more so than the other WDW parks. Even that huge spend for Pandora seems to have worn off a bit. I'm only guessing,
but I don't see any big spends at AK in the near future, only more cost cutting like this Nemo thing.

AK seems to be struggling with attendance, even more so than the other WDW parks. Even that huge spend for Pandora seems to have worn off a bit. I'm only guessing,
but I don't see any big spends at AK in the near future, only more cost cutting like this Nemo thing.
If it's struggling with attendance, that should tell them the park needs major investment.

Like it was made for this... lol

View attachment 15299

Source by @tommyhawkins

I poured the gasoline and left it for Alicia to light on this one.

My only thoughts on the whole thing are.....you can go into Animal Kingdom with the best intentions of Thematic integrity and be a total purist, but where youre 3/4 into a day you had to rope drop to get on FoP for, and youve done everything......all thats left to do if join a 60min+ queue outside to ride something again then maybe, just maybe the park needs more rides and attractions that are inside.

It's like EPCOT having all those WS expansion plots, Disney holding on to them for what reason? the parks been open nearly 40 years, if countries were going to buy into the idea and build a land they would have by now, so instead they sit empty and there is less things to do. You don't have to tear up the rule book, but maybe the rhetoric doesnt need to be quite so strong if you have more things to do at a park as a result?

I poured the gasoline and left it for Alicia to light on this one.

My only thoughts on the whole thing are.....you can go into Animal Kingdom with the best intentions of Thematic integrity and be a total purist, but where youre 3/4 into a day you had to rope drop to get on FoP for, and youve done everything......all thats left to do if join a 60min+ queue outside to ride something again then maybe, just maybe the park needs more rides and attractions that are inside.

It's like EPCOT having all those WS expansion plots, Disney holding on to them for what reason? the parks been open nearly 40 years, if countries were going to buy into the idea and build a land they would have by now, so instead they sit empty and there is less things to do. You don't have to tear up the rule book, but maybe the rhetoric doesnt need to be quite so strong if you have more things to do at a park as a result?
I do agree that while I don’t like Zootopia at DAK, at a certain point, the gatekeeping needs to give way or else the park is just going to continue to rot and see nothing of substance added.

I do agree that while I don’t like Zootopia at DAK, at a certain point, the gatekeeping needs to give way or else the park is just going to continue to rot and see nothing of substance added.

Bruh it ain’t gatekeeping to think Zootopia doesn’t fit. There’s plenty of other attraction ideas they can entertain and build.

Bruh it ain’t gatekeeping to think Zootopia doesn’t fit. There’s plenty of other attraction ideas they can entertain and build.
I literally said last night I don’t think it fits.

My point is, we know Disney only wants to add IP to the parks, so if we want new rides in the park, we’re likely going to have to accept that the original vision of the park is dead.