Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Let's start the thread off with some casting news.

Jamie Foxx, who soon headlines Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, is up for a major role in Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Variety has the news and, while they're only able to confirm so far that Foxx would play a villain, they're maintaining that rumors point to that character being Electro.

Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Shailene Woodley are attached to star in the May 2, 2014 release. This time around, the script arrives from Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and James Vanderbilt.

Electro has never definitively appeared on the big screen, though some fan speculation has suggested that the mysterious figure (played by Michael Massee) featured in The Amazing Spider-Man's end credits was, in fact, our first look at the character. First appearing in 1964's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #9, Electro's real name is Max Dillon and he has the power to control electricity.

UPDATE: Jamie Foxx has already semi-confirmed the rumors with the following tweet: Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well.

It's possible that the actor is pulling a joke on fans based on today's rumors, but official confirmation is likely to follow. Check back for updates as soon as they become available.

Also, the movie will include Mary Jane.

EW has confirmed that Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) has been offered the role of Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming sequel to last summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man. If the deal goes through, Woodley would join Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and director Marc Webb on the film, starting production in early 2013. (Variety first broke the story.)

MJ isn’t the only Spidey character standby set to appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 either. The filmmakers are also reportedly on the hunt for an actor to play Parker’s bestie-turned-nemesis Harry Osborn, played by James Franco in the Raimi films.

Yeah, that doesn't excite me at all. I know he's a good actor, I'm open-minded he can do an admirable job with it. But I'm not really excited by this news.

Yeah, that doesn't excite me at all. I know he's a good actor, I'm open-minded he can do an admirable job with it. But I'm not really excited by this news.

I know what you mean. It just screams as a move to have a name/face actor as a back up plan for the movie to draw in the money.

I'm all for it (if the rumors are true). Foxx has a great track record and Django Unchained looks like it will be another Tarantino classic.

Whoa.....that could come across a little racist there. FYI - He was black in the Ultimates, which is what this trilogy is based off of.

Anything u say about color is racist now n days.. But its not i like the original electro better

& that electro costume is ugly

This has to be based on the ultimates for it to involve Gobby, which is what this trilogy is wrapped around. It makes more sense for him to get his powers from an engineering project that he was working on for Osborn, than some general worker that just happened to get zapped by lightning. I like that they're stringing together the story this time around, instead of some random villain always kidnapping MJ.

Anything u say about color is racist now n days.. But its not i like the original electro better

That's fine that you like the original Electro, but the way your comment came across could have been viewed as little racist. Especially after all the fits thrown for Heimdall in Thor and Perry White in Superman being black actors.

I watched Spiderman again and as I was watching the after credits scene I thought of something...the only reason people thought it may be Electro was because of the lightning strikes..and I know the actor hasn't been confirmed just yet, but the man talking to Lizard was white...and just had that older white voice. Just seems like it would be a bit of an inaccuracy if it really was Jamie Foxx taking on the villian, if they do confirm it was Electro talking to Lizard.

Ive got a question foryou guys since I'm not too familiar with the comic book version of Spidey. How come this reboot he shoots the web out of those wrist strap things he built but in the Raimi series that's part of his abilities and shoots from wrists directly? I know its probably a dumb question but still going to ask :lol:

Ive got a question foryou guys since I'm not too familiar with the comic book version of Spidey. How come this reboot he shoots the web out of those wrist strap things he built but in the Raimi series that's part of his abilities and shoots from wrists directly? I know its probably a dumb question but still going to ask :lol:

Because they thought a High School student couldn't invent the fluid, and that it was a natural mutation that he would be able to make webs.
The the reboot they add in his dads formula as to how he can devope the web fluid, and to distance theselves from Raimi's SM they went with the shooters.
Either or works for me.

Last edited: