Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whoa.....that could come across a little racist there. FYI - He was black in the Ultimates, which is what this trilogy is based off of.

666305-electro_super.jpg

I was never really sure what race he was in Ultimate Spidey. To me, it was ambiguous.

Again, I will argue that the whole "this is based on Ultimate" thing is way overblown, marketing crap. They said that about Sam Raimi's movie too. The only two things the new film took from Ultimate was the backstory of Peter's parents being scientists (whereas in the original comic books, his parents were government agents. how weird is that?) and Captain Stacy being a much younger man. Otherwise, everything in Amazing Spider-Man is pretty faithful from the original comics.

Last edited:
We have Harry, and looks like Foxx is confirmed now.

Dane DeHaan will join the cast of the next installment of The Amazing Spider-Man™ along side Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Shailene Woodley as Columbia Pictures prepares to begin production on the next chapter of the blockbuster franchise, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of production for the studio.

I'm not a Jamie Foxx fan. I'm not an Andrew Garfield fan either, but I felt he pulled off Peter Parker just fine. I'm sure Jamie Foxx would do a good job as Electro (if that is who he is playing). As long as it isn't Will Smith. I've had enough of him LOL.

Dane DeHaan is an awesome actor. He was hilarious on True Blood, spectacularly creepy in Chronicle, lovable in Lawless, and great even in his short scene in Lincoln. I can't wait to see this new version of Harry.

Speaking with MTV, Jamie Foxx said the following about Electro's backstory:

You’ll see his whole life is just no one is talking to him, people have stolen his ideas at the company, he’s a nobody. And at a certain point Spider-Man bumps into him and says, ‘You’re my guy, you’re my ears and eyes on the street,’ and he says his name, Max, and no one’s ever said Max Dillon’s name, and he goes ‘Wow.’ And so when Spider-Man leaves he sort of thinks that somehow, ‘I am Spider-Man’s partner,’ and so he starts cutting out his face and pasting it on his board at home. When everything goes bad, his mom doesn’t remember his birthday, I mean all these crazy things happen until finally he has something tragic happen, and then when it turns on he lights it up.

He then mentioned the current progress of the Electro costume:

Marc Webb and all those guys that are doing it are smart, they know that it has to make sense in 2013. The suit is really slick, it’s actually black, but it’s the new age.

Foxx also spoke to Blackfilm and went more in depth on the details of the costume:

They want to have it more grounded and not as comic book-y, so it won’t be green and yellow. They want to try new things, like a liquid rubber and things like that, and there are all these bolts and stuff in my arms when they are hanging me upside down and trying to figure out what happened. How did he become this way? So, it will be some new stuff.

Press Release with synopsis (also confirms Paul Giamatti has been cast):

New York, February 5, 2013 – Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Marc Webb has been posting photo teases daily since filming began on his Twitter......

Day 1. [HASHTAG]#anamorphic[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#film[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#philthecameraoperator[/HASHTAG]

isg7nXc2bfniy.jpg

Day 2. [HASHTAG]#oscorp[/HASHTAG]

ib1ljCS6KOO0si.jpg

Day 3. [HASHTAG]#happybirthday[/HASHTAG]

injJLKp2wf8k1.jpg

Day 4. [HASHTAG]#dramamine[/HASHTAG]

ibffGebbGXKo1o.jpg

Day 5. [HASHTAG]#lerman[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#assistantdirector[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#snowday[/HASHTAG]

ibcYlVMTUemPCk.jpg

From ComingSoon

Exclusive First Look at the New Spider-Man Costume!

Following a tease by director Marc Webb himself last week, we now have your exclusive first look at the costume that will be featured in next summer's The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Check it out below!

As Webb promised last November, the costume features much bigger eyes and a number of alterations to color and texture throughout. This is quite arguably the closest any of the films have come to matching the design from the comics, especially Mark Bagley's take in Ultimate Spider-Man. A good visual comparison is this photo from last year's The Amazing Spider-Man, featuring Spidey in a similar pose.

In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) finds, life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

Also starring Martin Sheen, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giammatti, Felicity Jones and Colm Feore, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters May 2, 2014.

ibambrW6X9EuMh.jpg

Definitely closer to the costume in the Raimi trilogy......