An 'Attraction' Every Year? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

An 'Attraction' Every Year?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Red Carpet's prediction for the next 5 years:

2014: Despicable Me and Fast and Furious

2015: Springfield and more new additions to the Studio Tour

2016: Harry Potter

2017: Jurassic Park becomes Jurassic World

2018: Water World's replacement
According to Jim Hill, Florida's Jurassic Park will be getting a World update. I can definitely see that happening down here as well but after the Orlando one has opened. Your predications seem realistic enough.

That's the same guy who said that USH is completely leveling the upper lot, we're getting a larger and "super deluxe" Springfield, and a "life size" Hogwarts....yeah, I'll take that with a grain of salt, maybe even less...

That's the same guy who said that USH is completely leveling the upper lot, we're getting a larger and "super deluxe" Springfield, and a "life size" Hogwarts....yeah, I'll take that with a grain of salt, maybe even less...
I don't think he ever said we're getting a larger Springfield. "Deluxe" is the word and you can interpret that however you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
He said we're getting the "super deluxe" version and made it seem like ours will be bigger and improved from Florida and that we'll be walking down Springfield with The Simpsons Ride at the end, and that Hollywood is going to have more room than Florida because we're "flattening the whole upper lot"...

I mean, the guy keeps saying we're getting a "full size version of Hogwarts". That's not even up for debate in my opinion, that's impossible hahaha...

Anyway, Jon, when you have the chance, can you pull up the most up to date Expansion Plan that you have and see which expansion pads you think they'll use for the new tour animation additions? What do you think would be a good location for F&F besides the Mummy's Tomb location?

None of those have opened yet so we don't really know. Judging by how spectacular Despicable Me is looking right now I would not doubt if some of the elaborate things JH suggest are end up being reality.

I picture Springfield being a long path that stretches from the Simpsons Ride all the way down to Flintstones Bar-B-Q.

Well our Despicable Me is bigger because we got kinda lucky with more space (Neotron VS T23D). Hey, if we get a larger or a 'super deluxe' Springfield, color me surprised enough to wet myself. Although that's not something I'm excited for anyway....

And we are NOT getting a "full size Hogwarts". 10000%. Haha.

Well our Despicable Me is bigger because we got kinda lucky with more space (Neotron VS T23D). Hey, if we get a larger or a 'super deluxe' Springfield, color me surprised enough to wet myself. Although that's not something I'm excited for anyway....

And we are NOT getting a "full size Hogwarts". 10000%. Haha.

I take the "full sized Hogwarts" comment to mean that the castle facade will take up the whole building rather than a little corner of it like the Orlando version.

That still wouldn't be "full sized". Either way, the way Orlando's Hogwarts is done is correct. It SHOULD be forced perspective to seem bigger than it is, there's no practical reason for it to be bigger than in Florida, and it SHOULD be on a rocky cliff, just like in the movies, otherwise it wouldn't make sense whatsoever.

Obviously it can't be full sized. It would be larger than the park itself! I think what he meant to say is that - inside of the showbuilding will be multiple places you can go. (IE. Dining Hall, Forbidden Journey, Gift Shop, ect.) The Gibson was a massive space. You could almost fit the showbuilding of Orlando's potter inside the Gibson if you wanted to.

There's a load of different ways to say that than saying "full size". I heard/saw a thing he did where he said it will physically be bigger/taller.

If our Hogwarts has more rooms to explore and has The Great Hall, by all means, I'd be excited about that.

I think it is not far fetched to say we are getting full Potter. I mean they gave up the Gibson to build a ride... the section that has been closed for Potter is massive, and I mean massive, the park now feels tiny due to the massive amount of construction walls. And phase 2 I think is inevitable... It's just a thought, though we need to wait like 3 years at least to see who got it right... and I think our castle will be bigger due to the fact that you can actually see USH from the freeway and I doubt they will waste a huge chance to say "hey, here is USH and the new Potterland, come have a look"

It's quite obvious we won't be getting a full-size castle, and I'm quite content with receiving a façade identical to Florida's. Though it may need to be altered if it needs to accommodate several elements (FJ, Great Hall, shop), I don't see why Universal would toy with an already impressive façade.

I am changing my 2018 prediction. I no longer think that will be the year we get Water World's replacement.  Instead I think it will be the year we get a new attraction to replace Revenge of the Mummy.

Universal partnered with Legacy pictures who was formerly with WB. Expect A LOT more tentpole movies coming out of Universal in the next 5 years. Any of those films that do well will have a chance at becoming a ride. I say post 2016 the next major attraction will be based off a movie that hasn't happened yet.