An 'Attraction' Every Year? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

An 'Attraction' Every Year?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I see the future.

ClearFuture.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see that as feasible. Harry Potter is nowhere near that. There's no real way to connect mummy to the rest of the wizarding world without ruining the lower lot. The space that mummy occupies is valuable, yes. But there's no way Warner brothers would let them break the theming and have a gringotts coaster separate from a full Diagon Alley.

Rude idea.

Replacement: Shrek 4-D

Ride: MT. Crumpit dark coaster

Manufacter: Mack

Ride type: Wild Mouse

Duration: 2-3 Minutes

Elements: 2 Elevator lifts, Backward/foward Switch Track.

Thats a ride idea with facts if it happens.

I don't see that as feasible. Harry Potter is nowhere near that. There's no real way to connect mummy to the rest of the wizarding world without ruining the lower lot. The space that mummy occupies is valuable, yes. But there's no way Warner brothers would let them break the theming and have a gringotts coaster separate from a full Diagon Alley.
Yeah, pretty much. That, and the Gringotts ride and showbuilding is absolutely massive, it wouldn't fit down there as it is right now, at all. It also logistically doesn't make sense...

If you want a logically laid out Wizarding World, you'd need to bulldoze the entire Upper Lot (and more).
Or build Diagon where Hogsmeade is currently going. Then building the OG Wizarding World on the backlot isolated from the rest of the park. That would be an awesome experience if you ask me.

For those of you who think phase 2 won't happen, I would say that the monetary incentive is too great to not do a phase 2. Also from an operations standpoint it would be good to expand Potter to spread out the crowds to help prevent overcrowding in the main Potter land. And considering that our Hogsmeade will be smaller than Floridas, it makes sense.

For those of you who think they will put Gingotts in the Water World location, there is a problem. JK Rolling won't allow that to be physically close to Hogwarts.

Let me address those of you who think they will build phase 2 on the backlot, I thought that this was an appealing idea. Then I realized something. If they were planning on having a major theme park expansion into the backlot, they would have included it in the Evolution Plan!

I heard from someone that works for Universal that the next big attraction after Potter will be on the lower lot. Due to space constraints the new attraction would most likely need to replace one of the existing rides on the lower lot. I don't think they would get rid of Transformers or Jurassic Park, so I concluded that Mummy would be the most likely attraction to get the axe. I was asking myself, what would be a good replacement for an indoor roller coaster? Maybe a better indoor roller coaster. Gringotts seems to fit that bill. I know that the Gingotts building in Florida is bigger than our Mummy building here. That does not mean you can't put Gringotts in there. It just means that the ride layout would have to be different to accommodate the Mummy building. What about Diagon Alley? They could possibly turn the pathway that goes from Jurassic Park to Transformers into Diagon Alley. Obviously, it would not be as big as the Orlando counterpart. But do we really need that much Potter retail in a single park?

*sigh* Diagon Alley and Gringotts would not make any logistical sense being located on the lower lot or replacing any of the lower lot attractions, INCLUDING Mummy.

As for none park expansion (backlot) not being included on the Expansion Plan, that doesn't mean it won't ever happen. The Expansion Plan is just a guideline, more for the City than anything, to show a general outlined proposal. If need be, I'm sure Universal would be able to build into the studio backlot, especially the falls lake area.

However, I don't see that as being practical for Potter, nor is it necessary. As for spreading of the crowds, it only helps in Florida to have two lands because they have TWO parks. More Potter would just make our park more congested in my opinion

I'd rather see finances go elsewhere on our franchises for new attractions.

Kinda tired of hearing about a Hollywood Potter Phase 2....personally speaking, of course....just seems silly considering that's so Blue Sky that it's not even funny...but hey, carry on. *shrug*

And after Potter, I don't believe the next big attraction would be in the lower lot, simply because there is no room, and I don't see them replacing any of the lower lot rides. I could only see them replacing a soundstage for a ride down there far into the future (not the Phantom soundstage though)

There's plenty of space they could redevelop into a neNew attraction after Potter on the Upper Lot. Replace Shrek with something, SES with something, HoH & Globe combo for something new, etc.

Reactions: RyanTTD and Bonkers
I do think we will get Phase 2 no matter what. The incentive is just too big. I think Potter phase 1 will be the biggest thing to ever happened to USH since Jurassic Park The Ride and they won't leave that cash cow go. And the "it's just too close, JK won't allow it. It doesn't make sense to have these 2 together. It would too small and JK won't allow it, It won't be too immersive JK won't allow it" etc. I just think we think too much of what she might think or not. Yes, she has a lot of creative control in the franchise but come on, she allowed Ollivanders in Hogsmeade. I mean Ollivanders!!! So I don't think she really is that tight as everyone thinks she is...

Yes she is....Ollivanders was a realistic exception, as technically nowhere in the book or films did it ever state that there was only ONE Ollivanders on earth. The Diagon Alley shop was the original, and it's not far fetched to believe that there are other wand shops around the Wizarding World. Afterall, wands are a major part of their world, and I would want extra shops in other places as well. So it's not far fetched.

And I LIKE how tight Rowling is. I like that Universal Creative, Warner Bros, and Rowling tried to create an authentic experience. If you disregard all that and plop a Phase 2 anywhere, then you lose all authenticity and realism and respect that was made for the original Wizarding World.

Reactions: William
I'm surprised people are still discussing Phase II :huh:    I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen.

The 1 reason I don't want phase II to happen :)  :

• Potter Overkill - USH will be known as "The Harry Potter Theme Park" (Curse you Media!!! :angry:  ). Please give other properties a chance (Universal owned properties/Legendary Pictures). Also like Allen said it's ok at Universal Orlando because they have 2 theme parks and more space.​   
Some other things I have to say:

• The WWOHP at USH hasn't even opened yet and I have no idea why Phase II isn't being discussed.
  • Phase II hasn't even opened in Orlando. We don't know if the Diagon Alley will be Succesful (they could pull an Antarctica like at SeaWorld Orlando but I know they wont)
  • We don't have that much room.

Thank you...it's literally the same thing going in a circle on something extremely hypothetical...and likely won't happen...there's more things stopping "phase 2" from happening than there are things in its favor...in Orlando, it was always a possibility from the get go and is a natural fit. Here, not so much. I LOVE Potter, but I don't want an overload of Potter. I'm gonna end it at that...

Anyway, what I think we MIGHT get is the rumoured The Lorax ride that's possibly slated for IOA! I know, it's only a rumor, but some people in Florida and on certain sites are certainly sure it's happening...and something I've learned from Universal rumors is that most of them turn out to be true! Everything Orlando United has talked about as a future addition has turned out to be a reality, so I'm going to trust them a bit! They have a good source, unlike a certain Mr. Hill on this coast...

Anyway, Universal really likes cloning popular rides and it's a lot cheaper and easier to clone an already opened ride since all the design and creative work has already been paid for. And considering how popular Dr. Suess is usually, if it's going to be a hit in Florida (and doesn't take too much space and assuming it gets built ), I could totally see us getting a Lorax ride replace Shrek (if it's not too complicated of a ride) or even SES.

Although ideally, I'd reserve space for a Dr. Suess ride for a Cat in the Hat ride, especially if Illumination ever releases the animated remake. Cat in the Hat merchandise is always hot, even here in USH, so I think Cat in the Hat would be smarter!

But honestly, think about it. Universal's CEO confirmed "an attraction every year". I truly think that at least a FEW of these "attraction per year" will be cloned to each coast, as it will be more cost effective in multiple ways.

Nobody knows what the Lorax ride will even be like outside of creative... but yea it's on the "maybe" pile right now for post-Potter projects.

I'd prefer a Cat in the Hat attraction over The Lorax. The first thing that comes to my mind when hearing "Dr. Seuss" is the famous, lopsided red hat. That's not to say I wouldn't like The Lorax ride over here, I just don't think it'd fit as well - though it would will be more state-of-the-art than The Cat in the Hat (without a doubt).

I agree, Cat in the Hat is very iconic Dr. Suess and I'd LOVE it here. I mean, the merchandise is hot here even without having a ride here, so what does that tell you?

I would hope that we'd get a state of the art Cat in the Hat dark ride/simulator combo if Illumination released a remake, which I think I read is on the table.

Let's be honest though. ..state of the art new version of Cat in the Hat, or a slightly updated version of what IOA has of CitH, it'd beat the heck out of having Shrek ;) haha

And after Potter, I don't believe the next big attraction would be in the lower lot, simply because there is no room, and I don't see them replacing any of the lower lot rides. I could only see them replacing a soundstage for a ride down there far into the future (not the Phantom soundstage though)

There's plenty of space they could redevelop into a neNew attraction after Potter on the Upper Lot. Replace Shrek with something, SES with something, HoH & Globe combo for something new, etc.
I got information from an insider that soon after Potter opens they are going to start construction for something new on the lower lot. This person did not say what they are building. That part I can only speculate.

Something new doesn't necessarily mean new attraction. It could mean bew placemaking if they do intend to go the "themed lands" route and maybe just want to enhance the details around the lower lot? Not sure. I'm not saying your source is wrong, but i doubt it would he a major attraction replacing ajy of the existing rides. Mummy wont be replaced, especially since a new reboot is going to happen soon. And JP and Transformers are untouchable. They could potentially build something in the driveway of what used to be the tour entrance that's next to the Mummy queue, under the starway, but I don't know the logistics of that for the traffic. I know that's the unloading for disabled guests who can't use the starway.

Another possibility is replacing the lower lot Studio Souvenirs (Tomb Treasures), Panda Express, AND Universal Experience with a small attraction, but I don't think that's enough space for anything significant.

Either way, what I'd like to see from the lower lot after Potter, is more place making and more themed details to all three major rides and to establish a clear theme down there (either make separate little lands, or enhance the Studio feel with studio rigs, props, etc), as well as heavy refurbishment of Mummy and Jurassic Park.

I want to see more attention dedicated to the Upper Lot, and do something with SES and/or especially Shrek, before they touch the lower lot for more attractions.

Panda Express,

Just a thought here, but if those rumors are true about sound stages going where WoTW and the Square of Warriors, maybe they could use those as replacement sound stages. That way, they can re-purpose the sound stages by the lower lot for new rides. It's be a good place to bring back the E.T. Adventure in 2.0 form.

Hey, maybe they could even use Stage 28 for the expanded and relocated "Universal Experience" museum. :) That could also open up a new venue for HHN.