Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Animal Actors

Crazy, yeah. But that makes it even more sad considering how temporary and half assed it looks right now if it will indeed be the future flex space. I'm sure they'll upgrade it even more if not completely this time.

I'm curious if Universal will attempt to build another (smaller) concert venue sometime in the future somewhere.

Crazy, yeah. But that makes it even more sad considering how temporary and half assed it looks right now if it will indeed be the future flex space. I'm sure they'll upgrade it even more if not completely this time.

I'm curious if Universal will attempt to build another (smaller) concert venue sometime in the future somewhere.
There's supposed to be a concert venue being built somewhere in CityWalk to replace the Gibson. I'm sure you'll find it on the map.

It's supposed to be behind iFly, I think.

Anyways, there was a small rush on the night prior to the Fourth and Animal Actors got its refurb fully finished. The new marquee mirrors the SES marquee, indeed with a Stage 57 label. The interior looks a little better, and mimics the cluttered soundstage look but still seems awkward. A lack of replacement for the woefully outdated central monitor is certainly a head-scratcher. 

If anyone's wondering, the show has not changed, nor will it be changed. At least there's no chimp on the marquee anymore to confuse people.
I don't think they'd ever replace that monitor. There's not much you can fit in, and LCD/projectors wouldn't work. If anything, they should replace it with a higher resolution LED wall - similar to what they have now, but clearer.

Anyway, I'll try to get a picture soon. I'm really curious what they've done.

It needs to be clearer, especially since it's outdoors. It's again one of those things which make you think that Universal should be better than this when attempting to be an active rival for Disney.
Agreed, but I never see Universal investing any real money into this show. I'll say this again: Florida has us beat on this one, and it's not even a competition. Surprising, given how close we are to Hollywood and the amount of talent we should be able to acquire.

Edit: Here's a shot from Jonathan:

https://twitter.com/jmillsgreen/status/353572549730373632/photo/1

I know I've been an advocate of the studio look in the past, but this looks unusual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd argue that monsters inc and Muppet vision 3D were both quite advanced too!
Monsters Inc didn't open with the park, it was the replacement for the worst Disney attraction in all of history, SuperStar Limo....*gags* Was open for less than a year. Regardless, Monsters Inc is a cute dark ride but hardly advanced, just a few projection effects that put it over Fantasyland's dark rides. Otherwise very simple in terms of animatronics, sets, etc. But it DOES have a good sound system apparently. Muppet Vision I guess can qualify as advanced compared to the other DCA 1.0 attractions, but Muppet Vision was already a 10 year old attraction in Florida when it opened here, so not exactly state of the art :p

Boudin Bakery is/was pretty advanced though.....I mean....sour dough bread still blows my mind ;)

Regarding Animal Actors, the biggest reason I'm shocked it looks so half finished is because like Bob Dylan said, it's gonna be the only Flex space besides the Globe eventually, so why not take the time now to make it a well rounded flex space?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed! From the pics it looks like they tried to do the whole "two tone classic soundstage paint job" on part of the stage, but instead in a two tone green color scheme, and it looks so ugly.

I personally would've preferred a flashier stage similar to how it looked when it just became Animal Planet Live.

But I actually thought this stage was a good start into theming.

I had a feeling that the logo still remains pretty much the same, just without the orangutan. And it looks a lot nicer.

I actually really like the marquee. It looks very clean. Although with it being in the planter and among tall trees it kind of blends in a bit.