Annual Pass Prices - Grandfathered Price not Honored Anymore? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Annual Pass Prices - Grandfathered Price not Honored Anymore?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does seaworld still have that? Can yoy have your multipark passes like that? And if so, where do you go? I remember a year ago or so there was this option, but thought it was a limited thing.

They had it in December which was the last time I was there.

Hmmmm... I never knew that about Sea World. We have the 2 year pass and the bar codes always wear out on those things.

Yes, you can go to Guest Service to have the plastic card made at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens and have your pass done for $5 (which all goes to the SeaWorld Busch Gardens Conservation Fund).

I think the timing of plastic passes (or a waterproof magicband-alike) will coincide with the launch of Volcano Bay, or at least it should do. Those current lanyards aren't truly waterproof and I've already had my AP trashed on the IOA water rides a few times.
I'm not saying people will wear them whilst swimming in the water (though lots will be silly enough to), but they'll get wet and unusable just in the changing rooms etc.
The lines at Guest Services will get ridiculous with people wanting replacements, which will create guest dissatisfaction and less time for them to spend money in the stores & restaurants.

As far as price increases go, I know Universal started enforcing the policy with FlexPay contracts. On a FlexPay contract you're set to automatically renew at the current market rate divided by 12 (after your first year). It seemed like before Universal didn't really enforce this policy before and just left people at the rate they started at, which penalized people not on FlexPay. Now on FlexPay your only benefit is you get the ability to pay monthly, where when you pay in full and renew in full each year you get a small savings for paying the pass in full.

Reactions: Brian G.