Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ant-Man & The Wasp

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The first official trailer for Ant-Man & The Wasp, has been released.

Directed by Peyton Reed, the film stars returning cast members like Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, and Michael Douglas, alongside new cast members like Walton Goggins, Laurence Fishburne, and Michelle Pfeiffer.

The film will release in July 6th.

What do you think? Are you excited for the film, or are you cautiously optmistic? Comment down below!

this is gonna sound weird but i feel like ant man and the wasp would make a better tv show then a movie.

With film, they can get more away with being able to having the effects done in more visually spectacular ways.

I'm not opposed to it, although that I do think there is more sense to have Ant-Man as a film just due to the powers of effects.

Trailer looks interesting. While I ended up liking Ant Man, the trailers never got me interested the first gp around.

However this is supposed to take place post Infinity War, right? Can't help but feel this is an awkward first movie after such a big event.

Trailer looks interesting. While I ended up liking Ant Man, the trailers never got me interested the first gp around.

However this is supposed to take place post Infinity War, right? Can't help but feel this is an awkward first movie after such a big event.
Depending on how the first Infinity War Movie works out, they may just not know it occurred. He isn’t a major character, and I don’t think he’s in Infinity War.

Depending on how the first Infinity War Movie works out, they may just not know it occurred. He isn’t a major character, and I don’t think he’s in Infinity War.

True. He likely won't be involved in Part 1. But depending on what happens, things could be in a bad place in the MCU. All speculation of course. Just feels odd.

It’s going to take place shortly after Civil War, or at least most of it will. Ant-Man will not be in Infinity War, but will be in Avengers 4.

Ant-Man was the first movie after Age of Ultron, as well.

Looks like both the films in between Avengers 3 & 4 will happen in the past compared to the timeline.

This should be a fun little diversion after what feels like it might be a bleak infinity war. The first film still felt a bit like an Edgar Wright film - I wonder if this will carry on that tone at all?

Love the new trailer and there’s one particular line that is pretty clearly calling back to IW if you’ve seen it.

According to a plot leak from the press screenings, Ant-Man and the Wasp has two post credits scenes. The first one is a scene where Scott is collecting particles from the Quantum Realm, with Hank, Janet, and Hope guiding him. He collects the particles and asks the group to be let back into the real world, but gets no response. The camera then cuts to the group, or at least what's left of them. Hank, Janet, and Hope have turned to ash, thanks to the Snap. The second post-credits scene is the shot from the trailers where an ant is playing drums.

Man, the post-credits scenes relating to the Snap gave me chills. First, Scott gets stuck in the Quantum Realm when Hope, Hank, and Janet get dusted. Then, a seemingly humorous post-credits scene is turned eerie if you pay attention. The world has clearly gone to hell. Last, it ends with "Ant-Man and the Wasp will return.....? Damn. Really sets up A4 in a big way.

I figured something was probably going to happen and that tag still gave me goosebumps. As soon as they said "time vortex" I grabbed my girlfriend's arm and she got the sense something was up... and then the countdown started and I gave her a little snap and her jaw dropped. Then the dust appeared on the screen and you could feel the shock and tension of the audience skyrocket in the theater. I honestly think it was a bigger shock to people than the end of Infinity War. People did not see that coming after such a light-hearted, fun film.

Last edited: