Ant-Man | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ant-Man

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea its pissing me off how little footage is leaking out of Comic Con this year, the guy who filmed this skipped over the footage in part 2 of the video, not to mention the Iron Man footage as well, its frustrating

Yea its pissing me off how little footage is leaking out of Comic Con this year, the guy who filmed this skipped over the footage in part 2 of the video, not to mention the Iron Man footage as well, its frustrating

Don't get me started on Comic Con footage. 99.99999% of the people who want to see these movies don't or can't go to Comic Con, and yet the companies refuse to show any of the stuff they show here.

Don't get me started on Comic Con footage. 99.99999% of the people who want to see these movies don't or can't go to Comic Con, and yet the companies refuse to show any of the stuff they show here.

^This
I can understand not releasing it right away, but a week later it should be available. Its not like trailers and snipits are the only reason people go to Comic Con.

Wow they are really gonna just go through the Marvel library huh?

Disney and Marvel confirmed today that they are moving forward with the Ant-Man feature film. The comic book adaptation is slated for release on November 6, 2015. Most interestingly about this news is that Ant-Man's release date is after The Avengers 2's release date of May 1, 2015, meaning that Ant-Man is presumably the first confirmed film of Marvel's "Phase 3".

From Deadline

Disney’s Marvel Movie Moves: ‘Iron Man 3′, ‘Thor 2′ Going 3D, ‘Ant-Man’ Dated For 2015
Disney announced a slew of tweaks to it film slate today, announcing that Marvel’s Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World will now be released in 3D, and the comics studio’s Ant-Man will be released November 6, 2015. In addition, two more Marvel titles have official names: The Captain America sequel is titled Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and as expected the untitled August 2014 Marvel pic is Guardians Of The Galaxy. All wide release dates of the Marvel pics remain unchanged, but to refresh: Iron Man 3 is due May 3, 2013, Thor: The Dark World on November 8, 2013, Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4, 2014, and Guardians Of The Galaxy on August 1, 2014.

Disney also announced that its Tom Hanks-Emma Thompson pic Saving Mr Banks, about Walt Disney and Mary Poppins writer PL Travers, will be released December 20, 2013. It also set dates for Disneynature’s Bears (April 18, 2014), an untitled Disney Animation movie (November 7, 2014) and an untitled Pixar movie (November 25, 2015). The Phineas And Ferb movie is moving to an unspecified date in 2014 after originally being slated for September 28, 2013.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige spoke to MTV about Ant-Man and its involvement in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

'Ant-Man,' 'Doctor Strange' Lead Marvel's Phase Three

Marvel Studios has a lot in store for fans with their wave of Phase Two films: "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World" in 2013, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" in 2014, and "The Avengers 2" in 2015.

But Joss Whedon's "Avengers" sequel isn't the only Marvel Studios release scheduled for 2015. In November of that same year, the world will finally see Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man," long-rumored but now on the fast-track towards reality as the official start of Phase Three.

"'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV News during our recent interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright — which is the only reason we're making the movie."

"I've known Edgar since our first lunch together at Comic-Con in 2004," he continued. "He asked me what Marvel was doing with 'Ant-Man' — we weren't even a studio then; what a difference eight years makes! It's very much an 'Ant-Man' origin movie from the perspective of Edgar Wright and his co-writer Joe Cornish. It will of course be firmly planted in the MCU, but a different corner than we've seen before."

Indeed, "different corners" appears to be a theme of Marvel's third phase. "So much of the stories we're telling [right now] is about the core 'Avengers' characters we've now met, and they'll be evolving in big, surprising ways, in Cap's next movie and Thor's next movie and of course in 'Iron Man 3,' as we get them all into the next 'Avengers' film," said Feige. "Beyond that… 'Ant-Man' is the only one officially announced, but you probably don't have to look too far to guess at the next list of characters we're toying with and beginning to develop."

Could the oft-rumored "Doctor Strange" be a part of those plans?

"'Doctor Strange,' which I've been talking about for years, is definitely one of them," he confirmed. "He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited."

Director Edgar Wright talked to IGN about working on Ant-Man and why the film has taken this long to get made.

Ant-Man Update From Edgar Wright
Writer-director Edgar Wright calls Ant-Man "A superhero film within another genre."

IGN recently caught up with Edgar Wright to discuss forthcoming feature The World’s End, and while we had the writer-director on the line, we took the opportunity to quiz him about superhero flick Ant-Man, the first film in the third cycle of Marvel movies heading into cinemas.

Speaking of the ways in which his effort will differ to other comic-book movies, Wright said: “It’s a way of doing a superhero film within another genre. I wanted to tell an origin tale in a slightly different way. It’s part of the Marvel cinematic universe, but it also feels like its own piece.”

As for the reason it’s taken so long to make it to the big-screen, Wright said that it’s all been part of the plan. “I’ve been collaborating with [Marvel boss] Kevin [Feige] during the whole of that cycle” he explained. “I think people have always assumed… ‘Oh why is it taking so long to make?’ Part of it is because I wanted to make two other movies first. I wanted to make World’s End… me and Simon were very keen to make it and it felt like it was unfinished business and we wanted to wrap up the trilogy. The script came together really fast. Well not really fast, but it came together at a certain point where it was like ‘I really want to do this next.’

“But to be honest, the later I do it, it feels like I could learn more, especially about special effects. It’s a big effects movie, so I’m pleased to go into it having done Scott Pilgrim and The World’s End because you’re always learning more about that side.”

Indeed, Wright revealed that the Ant-Man test footage that screened at Comic-Con last year was shot just before The World’s End, and he even spent some of his days off finishing the effects. “I hope that at some point we’ll be able to show that at some venue all finished” he added. "Because obviously at Comic-Con we showed it unfinished. All done it looks really good.”

And when asked about his favourite Marvel movie, Wright had no hesitation: “I guess my two favourites would have to be Iron Man and The Avengers. I’ve enjoyed all of them and I think those two are the ones that score highest on the popcorn metre. That totally work as great crowd-pleasers. And I think what they’ve managed to do in terms of The Avengers coming after a five-film cycle, is kind of extraordinary and unprecedented in cinema history. To bring together four other franchises into one. It couldn’t have gone better could it? It’s amazing.”

Ant-Man is set to release at the tail-end of 2015, while The World’s End hits this summer.

I would rather see an Atom Ant movie!

don+mess+6.jpg

[video=youtube_share;ePN9DPh543s]http://youtu.be/ePN9DPh543s[/video]

I really think Ant-Man will be the first Marvel movie that sees a more mixed-negative reaction. Not bad considering they've had 10 critically and financially successful films (all have had a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes)! The switching of directors has me worried, and while I think the off-beat, zany attitude of Guardians hit a certain note with crowds, Ant-Man isn't weird, but rather unremarkable as a character. I could be wrong, but they are destined for a Cars 2 at some point.

Ant-Man character isn't the problem, but changing the entire vision of the film when they did is. I don't think it will have the same commercial or critical success because I just don't see the film being all that good.

Ant-Man character isn't the problem, but changing the entire vision of the film when they did is. I don't think it will have the same commercial or critical success because I just don't see the film being all that good.

I'm sorry, when I say character, I don't mean Pym or Lang as people. In fact, I think that dynamic and their general distaste towards superheroes could be a welcome change of pace. I was referencing Ant-Man's powers in general.