Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Any Ideas for HHN 2014?

I'm not sure if Paranormal Activity will materialize if Insidious was so popular and makes a return. The Hatchet series is up to three movies and Adam Green, the creator, is a huge fan of the event. With Eli Roth doing quite a bit including a new movie he directed, I can see him being involved again. Resident Evil would make sense, especially if Walking Dead doesn't return. Personally, I'd like to see a break from Walking Dead.

i think cabin in the woods is coming for good reasons. first off theres no bad reason why hollywood should take something from orlando. take this year with la llorona. now heres my 4 possibilites for video games.

1: Resident Evil

2: Dead Space

3: Bioshock

4: possibly Outlast or mabye Dead island

Good call on Cabin. A lot of people want to see American Werewolf come to Hollywood as well. Dead Space or Dead Island would work. I'd especially love to see Dead Space since The Thing was such a well done maze.

What I think is on the list:

2014 movies

-Dracula Untold

-Cabin Fever (Sequel)

-Poltergeist

-Sinister (Sequel)

-Jesabelle

-Demonic

-Dead Snow (Sequel)

-Amityville Horror (Remake)

-Resident Evil (Sequel)

-Paranormal Activity (Sequel)

"Older" movies

-American Werewolf in London

-Trick 'r Treat

-The Exorcist

-Killer Klowns from Outer Space

-Cabin in the Woods

-Hellraiser

-Freddy VS Jason

-Halloween

Television (This is fairly easy to figure out)

-Walking Dead

-Walking Dead

-Walking Dead

-Walking Dead

Video games:

-Resident Evil

-Bioshock

-Dead Space

-Left 4 Dead

Music Artists:

-Black Sabbath (Again)

-Alice Cooper

-KISS

-Marilyn Manson

As for personalities, that sounds REALLY broad. I want to say Elvira could be in there and so could the Orlando icons. I hope he means the latter, but who am I kidding?

What I think will make the short list:

2014 films:

-Dracula: Untold

-Sinister

-Poltergeist

-Paranormal Activity

TV Shows...Well, we already know.

"Older" films

-American Werewolf in London

-Trick 'r Treat

-Cabin in the Woods

Video Games:

-Resident Evil

Music Artists

-Marilyn Manson

-KISS

i,ve been to every hhn for the past 9 years in orlando,and i,ve seen it slowly get worse by the year in.to get back to the the real scary hhn from a few years back,firstly there has to be better scarezones and not all af themed on zombies.and more of the scare zpne characters need to be wearing scary grotesqued masks, rather than putting face paints on them .different themed scare zones is a must have.the scare zone from 2009 i think with the pumpkinhead theme was very good.there also has to be a horror street show.like labarynth from a few years back or jacks carnival of carnage which was awesome.the brian brushwood show was also very good and very entertaining.we need something like that back again.as for the horror houses,they need to be all different as well .the best house ive been through was psychoscarapy from 2008. it was gross throughout and the smell at the end of the walkthrough was truly sickening,but all in all it felt realistic because of that.the bloody mary horror house from urban legends was also very good and this years american werewolf in london was great.characters inside the house with wolf masks on was quite intimidating and my wife was scared to death.which brings me back to the mask thing.they are definitely more scary to the public the just face painting some dude a giving him a ripped shirt to wear walking the streets.the houses i would like to see in 2014 are

1.psychoscarapy

2.american werewolf in london

3.bloody mary

4.cabin in the woods

5.bates motel(psycho)

6.nightmare on elm street

7.a new theme from an old movie like creature from the black lagoon etc.

8.saw

there also has to a bit more ambience on the streets at night,like eerie music playing.maybe a bit of vincent price,s voice through the music.the mood has to be set right.

rocky horror show is really good but bill and ted are a bit dated now.the show is fine but maybe with new lead characters.

i got feedback from people telling me that howl o scream at busch gardens was better that hhn in 2013. thats was the first time i,d ever heard that said.which was sad to hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish Murdy would have started american horror story, their are 3 seasons each a stand alone which could have became 3 completly diffrent mazes. Each season has many iconic characters and scences which could have translated over very well.

Ok. If anyones been playing LT then you know Level 3. I'm not going into it more tonight besides her final video.

Paige silverton was PS and i think something more darker is coming to HHN. What i believe is there is something off about both hollywood and orlando events this year. the switch. We still don't know what hollywood got in return of switching La Llorona for something from hollywood to orlando but nothing for hollywood. My hunch is this. What if Horror unearthed was hiding somewhere in hollywood. Somewhere we would find unfindable. and this idea i have is universal hollywoods start to the paranormal this year. and we saw that hollywood also did The VIP Insidious exprience. This hunch would leave me of LT playing not only a big part for orlando. But also at hollywood. Tieing up LT and it would make sense. With paranormal mazes in hollywood starting LT would be perfect to start it and would bring a story that would be unforgetable. I don't know what might happen but i'll be watching closely.....
Legendary Truth is a year round thing and confirmed to only be staying in Orlando. 

I think the Purge scarezone can make a return since a sequel is coming out in 2014. Also wasn't the scare zone well received too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a update to HHN 2014 Work is offically underway with a Maze already landlocked. My wishfull thinking with that tweet that said i got a email from a guy i've been wanting to work for these years is John landis.

This is what I would LOVE to see:

1) An American Werewolf in London (maybe new upper lot venue, or a 3rd backlot maze?)

2) Insidious repeat (it was the best last year and one of my favorites so keep it for one more year in the JP queue)

3) Trick'r'treat (Mummy queue)

4) Walking Dead/American Horror Story (backlot venue *i would prefer AHS just for something new*)

5) 3D Rocker maze/ maybe alien for once?? (soundstage 747)

6) LEAVE HOUSE OF HORRORS ALONE

*7) probably wont happen but if there could be a 7th maze it should be a legend maze (santa muerte/chupacabra/maybe some asian legends?)

PURGE TERROR TRAM!

The main front scarezone i think should be Trick'r'treat, with the gogo dancers as the werewolf girls in slutty outfits, the crazy principle could be the guy (ringmaster from Klownz, polite stranger from the purge) and then the scareactors could be every other character from the film with of course CHAINSAW DUDES

Scarezones:

1) Trick'r'treat (entrance/ny street)

2) Radiation (baker street *the theme is london was nuked, and there are dudes that got all f*cked up*)

3) Either Klownz again or the 7 scarezone from orlando a few years ago (french street *fingers crossed for 7*)

4) Dollyz (lower lot)

5) Either Walking Dead or purge (backlot)

*6) maybe an extra scarezone thats kind of lower energy and creepy than in your face and loud.

Bill and Ted or Rocky horror (i dont really care about the shows)

The purge terror tram would be cool. I think that show on Fox, The Following, would be a cool terror tram. If you watch the show you know why especially with the realistic human masks.

I think purge is coming back and i really hope that its a tram as I really don't mind purge and I do have problems but I thought some things we're good of the first and if the second film is a great film. then i'll be good.

A week or two ago, some type of leaked promo for HHN 24 in UOR started surfacing on Twitter. Can't remember exactly what it listed, but I do remember it mentioning mazes based on Insidious and American Horror Story. No mention of The Walking Dead returning. While our maze roster is usually pretty different from theirs, I wouldn't be surprised if American Horror Story arrived this year.

Insidious isn't coming back because Murdy stated that all of the mazes that we experienced last year will not be returning.

I doubt AHS will be coming. From what I hear, when Orlando tried to have it (Before they replaced it with Evil Dead), that FX were hard folks to work with.

A week or two ago, some type of leaked promo for HHN 24 in UOR started surfacing on Twitter. Can't remember exactly what it listed, but I do remember it mentioning mazes based on Insidious and American Horror Story. No mention of The Walking Dead returning. While our maze roster is usually pretty different from theirs, I wouldn't be surprised if American Horror Story arrived this year.
I think that was something I created for April Fools. It's still making the rounds on Instagram too...  :lol:

Insidious isn't coming back because Murdy stated that all of the mazes that we experienced last year will not be returning.

I doubt AHS will be coming. From what I hear, when Orlando tried to have it (Before they replaced it with Evil Dead), that FX were hard folks to work with.
Keep in mind that Murdy always plays on his words. "None of the mazes you experienced last year will be returning." That could, for example, mean that there'll be another El Cucuy maze. This time, however, there will be a totally different take on it. He's always sneaky like that.

I'm not saying expect another El Cucuy maze, just used it as an example haha.

Keep in mind that Murdy always plays on his words. "None of the mazes you experienced last year will be returning." That could, for example, mean that there'll be another El Cucuy maze. This time, however, there will be a totally different take on it. He's always sneaky like that.

I'm not saying expect another El Cucuy maze, just used it as an example haha.
Good point! You might be on to something...

The only thing returning is The Purge and TWD (to a smaller degree) according to some more reputable sources.