Avatar coming to DCA | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FOP is a great ride that the general public loves, even though some theme park elitist fans don't. I'd rather have a FOP attraction, and a smaller land than AK, due to space issues, than an Avatar Experience that may, or may not, end up as entertaining as the excellent FOP ride. FOP, though somewhat similar to Soarin, is a far superior experience. It really feels like you're flying.

Reactions: SkiBum
Not sure why Avatar hasn't been greenlit Avengers-style for a miniland with the promise of an E-ticket later. Don't need the massive rockwork from DAK for DL, but a smaller land, combined with Satu'li Canteen would be a big hit at DL. I think DL management forgets that locals like to just be at DL, don't need to do rides all the time. Would help with DL's capacity problems if they replaced Autopia with it.

Pandora is roughly 7.5 acres not counting the bridges into the land. Current Hollywoodland is 10 acres; if they wanted to keep the Hyperion and Animation Academy building (and Disney Jr), that would be 5.75 acres to work with. Cloning the FOP/Na'vi River Journey building would take less than 5 acres with more condensed/straightforward walkways. This seems like a feasible plan, but if they aren't considering rides who knows what will happen.
The leaked plans dont have it....but I hope they are considering using this land as behind the scenes area for the land

1695742128508.png

Weird for a park that has both Toy Story Mania and Web Slingers to also have both Soarin and Flight of Passage, but I guess they probably don't care that they're similar.
49b350b6-84d0-4793-b2a8-00b10566449b_text.gif

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Freak
Pandora is roughly 7.5 acres not counting the bridges into the land. Current Hollywoodland is 10 acres; if they wanted to keep the Hyperion and Animation Academy building (and Disney Jr), that would be 5.75 acres to work with. Cloning the FOP/Na'vi River Journey building would take less than 5 acres with more condensed/straightforward walkways. This seems like a feasible plan, but if they aren't considering rides who knows what will happen.
That 5.75 acres I'm assuming is the remaining Hollwoodland space without expanding outside the park yes?

Given any likely timeline on a full Avatar land I think we can assume that the eastern gateway project would be part of this meaning they can expand outside the current park footprint and gain another 2-3 acres.

I really felt like Avatar would be a DL addition, even though DCA needs it more.

Not sure why Avatar hasn't been greenlit Avengers-style for a miniland with the promise of an E-ticket later. Don't need the massive rockwork from DAK for DL, but a smaller land, combined with Satu'li Canteen would be a big hit at DL. I think DL management forgets that locals like to just be at DL, don't need to do rides all the time. Would help with DL's capacity problems if they replaced Autopia with it.
Not another half baked land without a star attraction please...

Last edited:
Not another half baked land without a star attraction please...

I mean, it's better than nothing lol

Not every theme park expansion needs to be an attraction - especially at Disneyland where there's enough attraction capacity. Disneyland just needs to alleviate the congestion on the western side of the park since there's not enough to the east to draw people.

I mean, it's better than nothing lol

Not every theme park expansion needs to be an attraction - especially at Disneyland where there's enough attraction capacity. Disneyland just needs to alleviate the congestion on the western side of the park since there's not enough to the east to draw people.
Sounding like a Disney plant! ;) ;) ;)

I'd argue there isn't enough attraction capacity at the DLR as a whole. Of course some of that is because there has been increasing downtime of MANY major attractions.

I agree with the sentiment that park improvements don't always need to be attraction based but when we are talking about one of the biggest franchises and the highest grossing movie of all time then that just doesn't cut it IMO.

Sounding like a Disney plant! ;) ;) ;)

I'd argue there isn't enough attraction capacity at the DLR as a whole. Of course some of that is because there has been increasing downtime of MANY major attractions.

I agree with the sentiment that park improvements don't always need to be attraction based but when we are talking about one of the biggest franchises and the highest grossing movie of all time then that just doesn't cut it IMO.

You are right, there's always a need for additional attraction capacity. But Disneyland Park itself is just fine, I'd argue the park can benefit more from area improvements than actual new rides in the short term.

I actually think Pandora, while FoP is a great ride... as a land on its own is fine. Not saying they should avoid a ride... but I'd allow it.

My POV is that Avatar in no way shape or form fits in DCA, and if they really want to push it in the parks, just build a land in DL with no ride for the time-being.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Jake S
I think if they plussed the River would be great as well but.....if it's just the one AA everything thinks is cool then yeah flight of passage would be better even if it's a screen ride but if they can add some more physical stuff to the River Adventure then that would be great for capacity.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Welcome to our immersive Hollywood soundstage, where you can enter the Avatar Experience. Interact with a bioluminescent jungle, explore the native wildlife, sample the local flavors, and come face to face with a living, breathing full-grown banshee.

Let’s see how close I am when (and if) this project ever comes to be.

Maybe later when Forward happens they can build a whole land or a ride, but I just don’t see it in the cards now. Especially when they’re already committed to the Avengers ride.

I mean.....god this is what Disney has become they can only focus on one big ride at a time. Just sad

Welcome to our immersive Hollywood soundstage, where you can enter the Avatar Experience. Interact with a bioluminescent jungle, explore the native wildlife, sample the local flavors, and come face to face with a living, breathing full-grown banshee.

Let’s see how close I am when (and if) this project ever comes to be.

Maybe later when Forward happens they can build a whole land or a ride, but I just don’t see it in the cards now. Especially when they’re already committed to the Avengers ride.
Yep I think it’s always been mentioned as an experience by Iger and the likes. I don’t think anybody should be getting their hopes up for a full land.

DCA could definitely use something like this to help its capacity but I’m not sure how much they’re willing to invest in the park. Disneyland does have decent round up of attractions however TDA always seems to be looking for ways to increase attendance.

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Based on Alicia’s comments, it may be helpful for everyone to read up on the traveling Avatar tour.

Also, I’ve always found the Avengers gift shop swap interesting. That’s where I’d put it.

Reactions: Alicia