Avatar in Disneyland | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unless its the area behind Carsland that was suppose to be where the Drive though restaurant was going to go (nope looked it up theres for the Avengers ride now) ...no sure where else it could go where it would not just be a negative.

Like I dont love Monsters Inc but if they took away that part of Hollywood for just a themed area with no rides....it feels like a waste to me but we will see.

Hollywood is the only place I can see that makes sense, like Fantasnyland theater isn't big enough for a land, Grizzly Peak? Like they could destroy Grizzly peak but man that would be a hugeeee project

Last edited:
I seriously doubt the "Avatar Experience" will be "Just as amazing" as the one at WDW.It does sound like we will be something from Pandora in one way or another.

I really think that we'll be simply getting a clone of FoP for TL. After all, the wording says specifically "Disneyland" and not "Disneyland Resort". If this is what they're doing, I won't be that upset. I guess that's payback from us getting MMRR without losing a classic ride lol

A clone of Flight of Passage would make sense in TL. They could kill two birds with one stone by having FoP go where Innoventions is and redo TL as well.
No rides.....lol why?
Where are you hearing this?

Reactions: Mad Dog
I seriously doubt the "Avatar Experience" will be "Just as amazing" as the one at WDW.It does sound like we will be something from Pandora in one way or another.

I really think that we'll be simply getting a clone of FoP for TL. After all, the wording says specifically "Disneyland" and not "Disneyland Resort". If this is what they're doing, I won't be that upset. I guess that's payback from us getting MMRR without losing a classic ride lol

A clone of Flight of Passage would make sense in TL. They could kill two birds with one stone by having FoP go where Innoventions is and redo TL as well.

Where are you hearing this?
a Poster above but they do like to make jokes....so could be a joke. Editing my post

Also I'd kinda be down for a green tommorrowland but where would the ride go? I'd assume the subs would have to go and Autopia would be redone

Last edited:
I've always thought the logical thing to do if bringing Avatar anywhere else in ride form was simply to clone FOP. The R&D is done on it, it's now an IP that not only has one almost $3B movie based on it, but another that's the third highest grossing of all-time so I think it's fair to say the IP has proven itself in terms of popularity and staying power now. Nixing the Innoventions building for Flight of Passage (as someone else suggested) would be an essential expansion of the park since there hasn't been an attraction in that building in years, let alone one that has proven incredibly popular with guests like FOP.

The whole "experience" thing could still just mean a Launch Bay type thing, but if we Remember, Launch Bay as an Idea was created to get the IP a centreally located spot in both DL and DHS while the new lands were being built. There may be some sort of Experience that comes perhaps to the building in Hollywood that has had the Avengers gift shop. I just find it hard to believe that while there may be a smaller thing, there still won't be at the very least FOP added at some point.

Last edited:
My guy I was making a joke about the cat lady.
Although what said does point to an issue in any Launch Bay type of thing for Avatar.

Star Wars has M&Gs for you to do there. You will 100% never meet Jake, Neytiri, or any Navi from the films in the parks not only due to how large they are compared to humans (or because Cameron won't let it happen), but you can’t have a person be painted Blue or wear Blue Spandex either as it would look ridiculous. It’s hard to fully explain, but the CGI is so advanced and even though our brain knows Na’vi are fictional, the look is so realistic because of how the textures look like actual skin or how the water ripples off of them in a scene.

Best explained here starting at 2:35 by a VFX artist who worked on the film:

So I guess then, what is the Avatar equivalent of Launch Bay? The touring exhibit that’s been going around Asia?

First I though a full fledged Avatar land was coming as part of Disneyland Forward. But if that were the case I think word would have gotten out that DL Forward got approved. Because of that it seems like most people here think it will just be FOP. Either way I hope the Avengers E ticket gets built before this.

Reactions: UNIrd
Can anyone predict a timeline on this? This is obviously post 2025. I am guessing if the Avengers E ticket opens 2026, This opens 2027 or 2028 depending on the scale of the project.

Can anyone predict a timeline on this? This is obviously post 2025. I am guessing if the Avengers E ticket opens 2026, This opens 2027 or 2028 depending on the scale of the project.
Probably 2024 or early 2025. I don't think this project will be that big in scope

Reactions: Alicia
Probably 2024 or early 2025. I don't think this project will be that big in scope
If they are aiming for 2024 to 2025 due to the scale not being that big, I wonder if this will be here for the long term. I wonder once DL Forward gets approved maybe when they expand into the parking lot parallel to DCA they will do a more substantial Avatar land with locations and attractions based on the later films.

I've always thought the logical thing to do if bringing Avatar anywhere else in ride form was simply to clone FOP. The R&D is done on it, it's now an IP that not only has one almost $3B movie based on it, but another that's the third highest grossing of all-time so I think it's fair to say the IP has proven itself in terms of popularity and staying power now. Nixing the Innoventions building for Flight of Passage (as someone else suggested) would be an essential expansion of the park since there hasn't been an attraction in that building in years, let alone one that has proven incredibly popular with guests like FOP.

The whole "experience" thing could still just mean a Launch Bay type thing, but if we Remember, Launch Bay as an Idea was created to get the IP a centreally located spot in both DL and DHS while the new lands were being built. There may be some sort of Experience that comes perhaps to the building in Hollywood that has had the Avengers gift shop. I just find it hard to believe that while there may be a smaller thing, there still won't be at the very least FOP added at some point.

Agreed. They could build the FoP ride and then have the queue be all through a forest setting. They could even use similar scenes from Navi River Passage to set the tone as you get closer to the actual ride. We'll suspend the part about the air being poisonous to humans or they could create a plexiglass "tunnel" to take you through although no one wants to be trapped in an enclosed tube with a few hundred fellow humans with questionable hygiene or digestive issues. Doing this would set a very cool tone and atmosphere that leads up to Flight of Passage while also incorporating the more interesting parts of River Passage.

FOP, by far, is the most significant part of Pandora. Looking at budget, and available space, it makes good business sense to just built FOP and do a small, not very costly, land facade around it.