Avengers 5 (2026) | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers 5 (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Strong choice for the director. Going to assume Watts will do Secret Wars due to his work with NWH, but Cretton doing Kang makes me think this is going to be a "Character" focused title like how Infinity War was.

Out of all Marvel directors in Phase 4, I think DDC made the best overall film, so i'm looking forward to seeing what he does. He's also attached to Wonder Man and directed a show called American Born Chinese for Disney+, so he's got a busy schedule.

To be honest, I liked Shang Chi less and less the more I thought about it, but at least there was some fun action. Not a bad choice.

The fights will be cool

But....why is Marvel not getting the Russo Brothers? Like they hit homeruns 4/4 and they are not bringing them back?

The fights will be cool

But....why is Marvel not getting the Russo Brothers? Like they hit homeruns 4/4 and they are not bringing them back?
There were very clearly in the know about Secret Wars and I have theories that they were originally going to be attached before the Scarlett Johansson lawsuit and things generally changing around Disney post-Iger.

I think the Russos are very focused on their Production company AGBO, which boasts titles such as Everything Everywhere All At Once, Extraction, The Gray Man, and many more coming up such as a Poltergeist remake, co-producers on Disney's live-action Hercules, Extraction 2, Battle Of The Planets, The Electric State, and many more. They are very active in Hollywood as producers ever since they finished Endgame.

So basically, Disney would 100% have to be willing to let the production company AGBO be a co-producer on Secret Wars and tbh, that may be a non-starter when you consider that as @AlexanderMBush said, they already have someone in Jon Watts who has show he can handle a multiverse type of film (on a smaller scale) like Secret Wars in No Way Home.

And tbh, I kinda don't want them to direct? Infinity War in particular was a really good movie and Endgame was a fun, heartfelt finale for Infinity Saga, but there was some choices that I really don't like that much. Fat Thor, which lead to Dumb Thor in Thor 4. A lot of the stuff they did with Hulk. What they did with Star Lord in Infinity War. etc.

I just think some fresh blood for one of these Avengers movies is not the worst thing.

Last edited:
I mean while phase 4 has films I like

Spider-Man is an exception because it’s about 3 generations

nothing has come close to the Russo brothers in terms of really anything
Civil war and winter Solider are top political films with super hero’s and infinity and endgame put together so many heroes and it just worked

fat Thor can be argued and same with professor hulk but on a whole no directions have ever made 4 super hero films in a row with their kinda success and people also enjoying the films

X-men and Spider-Man couldn’t do it and even incredibles 2 while good isn’tclose to the first film

So while I hope this works out…I’d have full trust if the Russia brothers were on board

I mean while phase 4 has films I like

Spider-Man is an exception because it’s about 3 generations

nothing has come close to the Russo brothers in terms of really anything
Civil war and winter Solider are top political films with super hero’s and infinity and endgame put together so many heroes and it just worked

fat Thor can be argued and same with professor hulk but on a whole no directions have ever made 4 super hero films in a row with their kinda success and people also enjoying the films

X-men and Spider-Man couldn’t do it and even incredibles 2 while good isn’tclose to the first film

So while I hope this works out…I’d have full trust if the Russia brothers were on board
They're great, but i'm looking forward to whatever Cretton can do on Kang Dynasty and whatever happens with Secret Wars. It IS still possible they are directing Secret Wars after all. There's no director announced or rumored and if DDC was directing both Avengers movies, i'd think that would've come out in this article. If they don't do this movie, i'd be interested in them directing a possible X-Men vs. Avengers movie.

They're great, but i'm looking forward to whatever Cretton can do on Kang Dynasty and whatever happens with Secret Wars. It IS still possible they are directing Secret Wars after all. There's no director announced or rumored and if DDC was directing both Avengers movies, i'd think that would've come out in this article. If they don't do this movie, i'd be interested in them directing a possible X-Men vs. Avengers movie.
Honestly after Secret Wars and Invasion....what Big story lines could do they do besides that? Like Phase 7 on I think will struggle on source stories but for sure can make up some cool ones....or I guess give us a more comic accurate Civil War

Honestly after Secret Wars and Invasion....what Big story lines could do they do besides that? Like Phase 7 on I think will struggle on source stories but for sure can make up some cool ones....or I guess give us a more comic accurate Civil War

Based on what I heard on the original Civil War in regards to its politics and its status in quality perhaps its best not to go for a comic accurate version of that.

Based on what I heard on the original Civil War in regards to its politics and its status in quality perhaps its best not to go for a comic accurate version of that.
I ment more an all out war

I think Civil War is easily one of my favorite MCU films and works so well for Cap and Tony......but its it a war? More of a battle and then everyone is free before the film ends

I mean like a War, where some hero's die and truly splits the community of hero's after that. Like I'd love Civil Wars to end Phase 7, so we can see real fallout in other films and having someone like the Punisher who is willing to kill other hero's would be just something we have not seen yet in the MCU

I literally said one of the big things they could do in the post you quoted :lol:

Avengers vs X-Men.

Eventually, they just won’t be able to go bigger, but we know Young Avengers are happening. That’s too much for a D+ show imo so I think we’d see them get their own movie in something like “The Children’s Crusade”.

Secret Wars is as big as you can go. There’s no getting bigger. Inevitably, the scale will get smaller.

I literally said one of the big things they could do in the post you quoted :lol:

Avengers vs X-Men.

Eventually, they just won’t be able to go bigger, but we know Young Avengers are happening. That’s too much for a D+ show imo so I think we’d see them get their own movie in something like “The Children’s Crusade”.

Secret Wars is as big as you can go. There’s no getting bigger. Inevitably, the scale will get smaller.
Agreed, which is weird because I dont think the MCU is done after it

But another Civil War is the only event I can think of close to as big (Xmen vs Avengers could also take place of another civil war in terms of what I'd like to see which is hero's vs hero's and having real fallout)

Reactions: Nick
Agreed, which is weird because I dont think the MCU is done after it

But another Civil War is the only event I can think of close to as big (Xmen vs Avengers could also take place of another civil war in terms of what I'd like to see which is hero's vs hero's and having real fallout)
I honestly don’t know how you would end the MCU even if Disney wanted to, which they obviously don’t.

We haven’t even gotten started with the X-Men so this is just a never ending soap opera. I think a lot of characters will die at the end of the Multiverse Saga (maybe this is Cumberbatch’s way out among others), but then we’re starting with a slew of new characters.

Also, don’t forget that Marvel Comics is always writing new stuff. So just because there’s nothing obvious now doesn’t mean there won’t be anything. Also, it’s not like Feige or those at Marvel Studios do direct comic adaptations. They use comics as a starting point (or sometimes mash multiple comic runs together) and then they do their own stuff from there.

Honestly I've kind of jokingly been considering if Feige's been wanting to get Daniels involved for Secret Wars, as their Multiverse film is what caused them to not be apart of Loki.

With EEAAO out of the picture--and Sony wanting Watts to continue Spider-Man, I wonder if we might finally see Daniels work with Marvel.

I honestly don’t know how you would end the MCU even if Disney wanted to, which they obviously don’t.

We haven’t even gotten started with the X-Men so this is just a never ending soap opera. I think a lot of characters will die at the end of the Multiverse Saga (maybe this is Cumberbatch’s way out among others), but then we’re starting with a slew of new characters.

Also, don’t forget that Marvel Comics is always writing new stuff. So just because there’s nothing obvious now doesn’t mean there won’t be anything. Also, it’s not like Feige or those at Marvel Studios do direct comic adaptations. They use comics as a starting point (or sometimes mash multiple comic runs together) and then they do their own stuff from there.
I need to find the link but saw that Fox contract with Xmen actors basically means they can't recast anyone they already hired until 2025....which means we might not see them until years from now.

Which makes sense why Professor X was in Dr Strange since he would be an actor they could use and why I could see Jackman showing up in Deadpool 3.

But the MCU has to kinda end at some point, like sure it wont be dead they will have it come into the next marvel series but at some point it has to die so we can kinda start over again and this time with EVERYONE in mind from the start which will make the next MCU interesting since it can already have mutants as a big focus day one and not literally 15 years into the story

I need to find the link but saw that Fox contract with Xmen actors basically means they can't recast anyone they already hired until 2025....which means we might not see them until years from now.

Which makes sense why Professor X was in Dr Strange since he would be an actor they could use and why I could see Jackman showing up in Deadpool 3.

But the MCU has to kinda end at some point, like sure it wont be dead they will have it come into the next marvel series but at some point it has to die so we can kinda start over again and this time with EVERYONE in mind from the start which will make the next MCU interesting since it can already have mutants as a big focus day one and not literally 15 years into the story

What I'd argue, is that going forward, we may see a soft reboot occur with the MCU (or the curation of new versions of the MCU, like how Marvel Comics has done Ultimate and Heroes Reborn).

They don't Crisis on Infinite Earth things like DC has.

What I'd argue, is that going forward, we may see a soft reboot occur with the MCU (or the curation of new versions of the MCU, like how Marvel Comics has done Ultimate and Heroes Reborn).

They don't Crisis on Infinite Earth things like DC has.
I mean we will see how they handle it

I'm not saying the MCU will die....but they start a new timeline and of course sometimes MCU guys show up but without a real rebot could be hard to have a new Tony Stark Ironman that isn't just looked at as a variant.

Also the MCU needs to rest...like not now but one day we need like 5 years with ZERO content. Its what hyped up the new SW sequels so much and hopefully by phase 9 Disney has a newer series that can take the spot light for a few years, so super hero films can feel fresh again.....or Disney just keeps going and the series slowly dies and that is what I see happening but I hope they just give it a real ending when people still care about it