Avengers 5 (2026) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers 5 (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just because he becomes the next baddie doesn't mean his story ends with the next 2 Avengers films. You still can add him in Capt America as a post teaser, have him show up in FF, and then have 2 Avenger films to really flesh him out. Would be a good segue to Galactus, too.

Just because he becomes the next baddie doesn't mean his story ends with the next 2 Avengers films. You still can add him in Capt America as a post teaser, have him show up in FF, and then have 2 Avenger films to really flesh him out. Would be a good segue to Galactus, too.
My thoughts exactly. Especially with the Loki arc wrapped up potentially, Doom is positioned perfectly to fill that slot in the MCU now. He was always more of a Loki type than a Thanos anyhow. He's not just "big villain". He's supposed to be very complex, at times likeable, etc.

Avengers 5 does not need to be Infinity War at all. We don't even have a clearly defined set of Avengers right now. Avengers 5 could easily fill an Avengers (2012) slot. Loki had one movie before Avengers (2012). DOOM could have one before Avengers 5 as well if they utilize him in F4.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. Especially with the Loki arc wrapped up potentially, Doom is positioned perfectly to fill that slot in the MCU now. He was always more of a Loki type than a Thanos anyhow. He's not just "big villain". He's supposed to be very complex, at times likeable, etc.

Avengers 5 does not need to be Infinity War at all. We don't even have a clearly defined set of Avengers right now. Avengers 5 could easily fill an Avengers (2012) slot. Loki had one movie before Avengers (2012). DOOM could have one before Avengers 5 as well if they utilize him in F4.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It’s not too late to start Doom… and just because they may pause with Kang right now doesn’t mean they can’t return to the character.

Reactions: Jake S
I said my piece.....I with the few exceptions and most of those have a * next to them MCU has been pretty meh the past few years....so if you think Doom will done right now....great

I have zero faith with reason and rather wait then have the third time Doom is done poorly

but I'm not saying that Doom will be done perfect at this moment.
I'm saying that he might be Never be done right under current marvel management, why would Doom be done right in 7 years from now? if anything everything can become much worse lol.
what's the guarantee that we will get a perfect Doom 7 years from now?

it's like with Daredevil and Blade. let's say they push both of them 7 years from now... we will have to wait 7 extra years, and there's no guarantee that it will be any good ...
I'm not saying that I'm happy to receive bad movies,
she hulk is the Worst marvel property ever made of all time for example, but at least she's out and she can be used for an upcoming avengers movie. it's easier to have her be in a movie now. she's already had her debut.
she hulk is out, we had her origin story,

but I'm not saying that Doom will be done perfect at this moment.
I'm saying that he might be Never be done right under current marvel management, why would Doom be done right in 7 years from now? if anything everything can become much worse lol.
what's the guarantee that we will get a perfect Doom 7 years from now?

it's like with Daredevil and Blade. let's say they push both of them 7 years from now... we will have to wait 7 extra years, and there's no guarantee that it will be any good ...
I'm not saying that I'm happy to receive bad movies,
she hulk is the Worst marvel property ever made of all time for example, but at least she's out and she can be used for an upcoming avengers movie. it's easier to have her be in a movie now. she's already had her debut.
she hulk is out, we had her origin story,
This is a low point for the MCU.....I have hope that Deadpool can start turning it around and shows like DD and so on

I just want them to do him perfectly or not at all, we have had two jokes for Doom and I want them to set him up right and make him feel fleshed out. But until I see the MCU turn around I don't want them messing with him use Glatus or some other villain who looks cool but isn't deep so if you mess them up, not big deal

Not really familiar with him so can’t comment, but I think unless Sony truly plans to use him as Prowler, then this would be a great opportunity to cast Donald Glover as Kang. It would also help in that Kang would be an actor with name recognition and a following to help get people interested.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Not really familiar with him so can’t comment, but I think unless Sony truly plans to use him as Prowler, then this would be a great opportunity to cast Donald Glover as Kang. It would also help in that Kang would be an actor with name recognition and a following to help get people interested.

Colman actually has some notable recent credits--specifically Unicron in Rise of The Beasts and William Burke in Candyman. I think I am hesitant on how humorous he could be, but he genuinely fills the potential part that Kang The Conqueror and Kang The Beyonder have really well if they go for him. Has that vibe that fits with that.

To me the larger problem is ... who is even part of the Avengers team right now ?

Not sure they have even been referenced in any of the many post End Game movies / shows either

And not sure what new characters are popular enough to get the promotion

To me the larger problem is ... who is even part of the Avengers team right now ?

Not sure they have even been referenced in any of the many post End Game movies / shows either

And not sure what new characters are popular enough to get the promotion
It’s fine not to know. However I feel the larger issue is Marvel has put so many pieces (characters) on the board this saga that it’s just become almost exhausting getting introduced to new characters all the time and then never hearing from them again. What happened to Shang-Chi? The Eternals? Hell, even Spider-Man. We likely won’t see from him until next summer at earliest. I could go on in this category.

I think it’s probably reasonable to deduce that the elder statesman of the MCU (at this point) will be central figures whether officially an Avenger or not.

So by that logic we’re looking at Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man, Black Panther, and if I were to take a wild stab, I’d guess Deadpool & Wolverine as well with the Fantastic Four mixed in.