Avengers 5 (2026) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers 5 (2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really did love Kang in Loki season 2 and he was just playing a good guy basically. im actually sad now. I really enjoyed Kang in it. I really didn't care for Kang in any man. he was much better in Loki

Just cast Kenan Thompson as Kang at this point. I don't want serious villians, just give me a living meme where nobody in-universe can comprehend how they have so much power.

I joke, but with so many "switching directions" in the MCU recently, it'll be a tricky path to navigate what is next. Maybe it's time for a requel where we just start Phase 4 over and continue from there.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Honestly - this is an easy re-write. The last few phases have been so disheveled and poorly written that they have a prime opportunity to shift the direction now. It's not ideal...but it's easier than continuing on with the dumpster fire (not looking at you Loki) that has been the last few Marvel projects.

Well it finally happened....Wonder if Kang is done....or they will recast

It was leaked the other day that the plan is to recast. They aren’t going to go forward with someone (as a main villain) who was just found guilty of assault and harassment.

EDIT: I missed this

Reactions: tankart150
What story? lol The multiverse story is barely a thing. Some other big bad is coming cause Avengers: Kang Dynasty is now Avengers 5.
Kang literally was the leader of the last Mult Verizon War....Loki sets him him up along with Antman.

So just throw in Doom....one of the best villains ever as the MCU is at it's low point?

I have noooooo faith in him being used. I rather them commit to Kang and let Doom be a Villain after being set up right and not just thrown in

It is pretty predictable of our society that Ezra Miller did FAR worse than Majors (not to say what Majors did was acceptable though) and yet Ezra, who was caught on tape doing a lot of the things, was given a slap on the wrist, not fired from any major project, and subsequently handled with kiddie gloves.

Now of course I think it’s the right move to fire Majors, but I also though that Miller clearly should’ve been fired and looking back it’s literally insane they were allowed to star in a superhero film in the title role after everything that happened.

Kang literally was the leader of the last Mult Verizon War....Loki sets him him up along with Antman.

So just throw in Doom....one of the best villains ever as the MCU is at it's low point?

I have noooooo faith in him being used. I rather them commit to Kang and let Doom be a Villain after being set up right and not just thrown in
Avengers 5 and Secret Wars should be delayed to 2027 and 2028.

The Kang variants should be killed off by an unknown force traveling throughout the multiverse. The unknown force (Doom) is hinted at through the upcoming projects and even brand-new projects specifically created to help move the Doom and multiverse story along.

I'm no expert at this, but I think Marvel can figure out a way to rework the Multiverse Saga.
I'm just curious how fast they will be able to recast and whether this will affect the release dates for Avengers 5 and Secret Wars.
Kang Dynasty was set to start filming early next year. So yeah, I'm assuming the next two Avengers movies will be delayed.

I'm just curious how fast they will be able to recast and whether this will affect the release dates for Avengers 5 and Secret Wars.
I can guarantee they’re actually a lot farther into the casting process than you’d expect. They probably have been thinking of actors they’d like to see in the role and possibly even had off the record conversations about this with some.

It also doesn’t necessarily matter how long it takes if they don’t find a way to make Kang an intimidating force…. Or use him as a vehicle to introduce a new big bad like Doom.

I can guarantee they’re actually a lot farther into the casting process than you’d expect. They probably have been thinking of actors they’d like to see in the role and possibly even had off the record conversations about this with some.

It also doesn’t necessarily matter how long it takes if they don’t find a way to make Kang an intimidating force…. Or use him as a vehicle to introduce a new big bad like Doom.
Maybe that means they can still make the early 2024 filming start date. But I could also see them start filming in mid 2024 as well.

Maybe that means they can still make the early 2024 filming start date. But I could also see them start filming in mid 2024 as well.
Oh no, there’s no chance of that, even if this wasn’t an issue. The strike made sure early 2024 was off the table.

Oh no, there’s no chance of that, even if this wasn’t an issue. The strike made sure early 2024 was off the table.
On a side note I also believe all the drama surrounding Avengers 5 and the strikes have been holding up the Avengers E ticket as well if they were planning on filming the live action portions of said ride alongside Avengers 5/Secret Wars.