Avengers: Secret Wars | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Secret Wars

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2 Avengers films in one year? :X
Holding off until May 2026 for Secret Wars is probably ideal as far as spreading the wealth around and getting the most bang for your buck. Since that's not happening though, I find it odd that Secret Wars is coming out in November instead of holding off for the big Avatar/Star Wars/Aquaman/Spider-Man slot in December, which is known for launching huge movies.

Holding off until May 2026 for Secret Wars is probably ideal as far as spreading the wealth around and getting the most bang for your buck. Since that's not happening though, I find it odd that Secret Wars is coming out in November instead of holding off for the big Avatar/Star Wars/Aquaman/Spider-Man slot in December, which is known for launching huge movies.
They sorta just claimed Nov/December with this, could easily move it back to December

I mean the last time we have two Avenger films we had some pretty meh/filler inbetween them so im good with them just doing two films in a row and not forcing other films to have to hold back storylines because a bigger story is taking place

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
We know next to nothing about what this movie will be about as I think the story will heavily bounce off of The Kang Dynasty. That said, we know about the comics and the scale of it has me both worried and extremely excited.

Secret Wars is going to be absolutely HUGE and the cameos/final battle should be ridiculous. I'm thinking we could see pretty much everything there is to see. Possibilities include Chris Evans fighting himself as two different characters, RDJ gets back in the suit one last time, Wesley Snipes as Blade, name any of the Fox X-Men and they’re fair game, Lou Ferigno as The Hulk, Ben Affleck as Daredevil, Jennifer Garner as Elektra, Nic Cage as Ghost Rider, Thomas Jane as The Punisher, Anything in the Sony Spider-Man Universe, Matt Salinger as Captain America, Scott Paulin as Red Skull, David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, etc.

Think of how many freaking Marvel movies have been made, especially the cheesy ones before the 2000's when they were struggling financially. There's such a deep bench of characters within the multiverse to pull from that if they actually pull it all together, it'll make the shock and awe of NWH seem like what I think they want it to feel like, which is an appetizer for what's to come.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Secret Wars has had the inevitable happen and there won’t be two Avengers movies in one year. It moves back six months from November 2025 to May 2026.

Reactions: Nico
If anything I just hope they hit it out of the park. The Multiverse Saga has been getting overall mediocre reviews and to have the final two movies of the Multiverse saga Secret Wars and Kang Dynasty hit it out of the park with Infinity War and Endgame levels of acclaim is absolutely needed. After the Multiverse Saga I think Marvel really needs to go back to the drawing board and look at why the Multiverse Saga got overall middling reception and how to address it in the next phase.

I will be excited about anything Sam Raimi does.

The question is the wisdom of attempting to recapture the INFINITY WAR/ENDGAME magic, which is clearly what they're aiming for with THE KANG DYNASTY and SECRET WARS. These are going to need to be very well-written, well-plotted, well-balanced stories, and if they're not, it's not going to matter very much who directs them.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
They won’t but the MCU should be reset after this

They could make one time line again after all this but

The question is the wisdom of attempting to recapture the INFINITY WAR/ENDGAME magic, which is clearly what they're aiming for with THE KANG DYNASTY and SECRET WARS. These are going to need to be very well-written, well-plotted, well-balanced stories, and if they're not, it's not going to matter very much who directs them.
i don’t think we will ever get a good of an Avengers film as Infinity war again or as good of an ending as end game

It feels like they just had a better plan and writers. Nothing since then gives me confidence they can pull it off again

Every film now is just a set up or tie in to something else

Look at Adam warlock in GOTG3 besides being set up in the last film he had no reason to be there but to be in the next generation of the guardians

I’m not saying the MCU still can’t be fun but to me nothing is getting close to phase 3 in terms of writing, characters, set ups and relationships between characters

I’ll be excited simply at the prospect of Raimi getting to direct Tobey’s Spider-Man again!

I wouldn't do a hard reset of the continuity, but I'd definitely scale things WAY down.

Good luck telling people who make a lot of money to make less money. This train ain't gonna stop rolling until the wheels come flying off, for better or worse.

Good god, the Multiverse gimmick is already seeing some signs of fatigue. 2027 feels like an eternity away.
I doubt these films make more then End Game. But because of who can/will be marketed to show up I feel like these films will be fine even if other films aren't as loved

I could be wrong but Spiderman No Way Home seems to show how much money you can make with cameo's and older movies characters being apart of the plot

I just wonder at what point we will start seeing diminshing returns on that stuff. Every franchise is doing that now. Maybe I'm playing into the same cards people were before Age of Ultron about the alleged "Superhero Bubble", but I feel like after The Flash, JW Dominion, Scream, Cobra Kai, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, multiple Spider-Man movies, and quite a bit of the MCU too, and much much more, I just wonder if it will hit the same half a decade from now.