Avengers: Secret Wars | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Secret Wars

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just wonder at what point we will start seeing diminshing returns on that stuff. Every franchise is doing that now. Maybe I'm playing into the same cards people were before Age of Ultron about the alleged "Superhero Bubble", but I feel like after The Flash, JW Dominion, Scream, Cobra Kai, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, multiple Spider-Man movies, and quite a bit of the MCU too, and much much more, I just wonder if it will hit the same half a decade from now.
What I see happening is this is the end of the third act and Phase 5 will be...not a soft reboot but going back to the basics

Doom as the main villain with the Xmen there to make some come back to see those characters reimagined since the old Xmen films

I was reading this over on a Reddit thread for the Multiverse E ticket at DCA and someone on the thread said that swap out King Thanos for Kang and you have a pretty good idea of the plot and action sequences for SW. Since our heroes will be traveling across the multiverse, I wonder if some scenes will involve cartoon characters like those from X Men 97 and Spiderman Freshmen Year come "to life" in live action and vice versa where you will have our live action heroes go into the cartoon world. That would be so cool if they did that.

and this relates to the movie because?

Putting it back to the element of the film in question, I admittedly wonder if after the strike ends--if Kevin tries to fight to get Lord and Miller involved. With how they have brought in Spider-Verse through with a trilogy, the writing should now be complete to where they could begin work quickly after the conclusion of the strike.

and this relates to the movie because?

Putting it back to the element of the film in question, I admittedly wonder if after the strike ends--if Kevin tries to fight to get Lord and Miller involved. With how they have brought in Spider-Verse through with a trilogy, the writing should now be complete to where they could begin work quickly after the conclusion of the strike.
Having someone like Ryan Coogler take over for Kang Dynasty and L&M take over for Secret Wars would be a big win I think and a huge step up in the writing department. These films are too big to be tackled by relative comic book rookies. Having writers who are used to writing for not on comic book films, but a within a Cinematic Universe (in Coogler's case) or literally doing a trio of multiverse films is exactly what is needed for the two films that will ultimately define this saga.

The Millers Brothers would be the Biggest win at this point

I have little faith in these films being good outsode of fan favorites coming back

Reactions: saint.piss
Having someone like Ryan Coogler take over for Kang Dynasty and L&M take over for Secret Wars would be a big win I think and a huge step up in the writing department. These films are too big to be tackled by relative comic book rookies. Having writers who are used to writing for not on comic book films, but a within a Cinematic Universe (in Coogler's case) or literally doing a trio of multiverse films is exactly what is needed for the two films that will ultimately define this saga.
I know I'm going to make someone mad by saying this, but I would like Coogler to make a real movie again.

I know I'm going to make someone mad by saying this, but I would like Coogler to make a real movie again.
I agree

Think he had more control or vision for BP 1 and think the last film was held back by the studios forcing so much into it.

I do not think him doing an Aveneger's film would go that well. The Millers or Russio's get my vote, they seem to be one of the best pair to handle so many characters in a film

Lord Miller have mutual bad blood after Solo, so much so that Alan Horn took them off Artemis as soon as the Fox merger closed. Don't really know if they'd go for it, especially when they have such a good thing going at Sony + Universal.

In general, I wouldn't really expect a lot of "wishlist" names attaching themselves here. The directors that the MCU has gone after recently suggests that Marvel Studios is trying to exert more control after the mixed reception of phase four, not less; they've mostly gone after journeymen like Yann Demange or talented but small indie directors like Jake Schreier, rather than major established directors like Sam Raimi and Chloe Zhao. The one exception is Shawn Levy with Deadpool, but that's a unique situation where there's a strong producer with a lot of say already attached in the form of Reynolds.

Dunno if I am seeing it right but I think in the book it goes further into Kevin wanting to unify everything, including Sony into one Universe.

Personally I’d kind of love if it evolved to be of Heroes as an established source with the main conflict being on Law and Freedom. Law being of Avengers, Freedom of X-Men.

Reactions: TheUniC6
If they reset it.....I doubt it will be until Phase 2 of whatever they restart as before it makes money again.

People are tired and resetting it just to have more "homework" of learning a whole new MCU feels like something people do not want right now and if the DCU resets as well....I just don't see it going over well it feels like too much.

Just find better writers and come up with a plan

If they reset it.....I doubt it will be until Phase 2 of whatever they restart as before it makes money again.

People are tired and resetting it just to have more "homework" of learning a whole new MCU feels like something people do not want right now and if the DCU resets as well....I just don't see it going over well it feels like too much.

Just find better writers and come up with a plan
Right now there’s too much homework. Rebooting would mean no homework.

Right now there’s too much homework. Rebooting would mean no homework.
I mean.....its then saying all that studying you've been doing for 10 years was for nothing....now do it again

I've pushed for a rebot before.....but I see now it doesn't matter until they get better writers and a better outline of the overall story

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I've pushed for a rebot before.....but I see now it doesn't matter until they get better writers and a better outline of the overall story
I'll be in agreement with @Nick--a reset allows everyone from the writers, directors, and actors to start fresh with the takes of Marvel that they wish to have. I also think it'd actually be important if they want to make a unified universe where Mutants are seen at large and not just as a "beginning" group of people.

Combine it with merging the Sony Cinematic Universe into one umbrella; and that allows you to have a universe all at once that can tell stories based with F4, X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers, and a new set of Guardians right from the getgo.

Pull from more recent elements of media and comics even; like Peter Parker being an older Spider-Man in his prime (like Sony), and position him as the Iron Man of the new universe; and I think that'd be key.

Reactions: Nick and TheUniC6
I'll be in agreement with @Nick--a reset allows everyone from the writers, directors, and actors to start fresh with the takes of Marvel that they wish to have. I also think it'd actually be important if they want to make a unified universe where Mutants are seen at large and not just as a "beginning" group of people.

Combine it with merging the Sony Cinematic Universe into one umbrella; and that allows you to have a universe all at once that can tell stories based with F4, X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers, and a new set of Guardians right from the getgo.

Pull from more recent elements of media and comics even; like Peter Parker being an older Spider-Man in his prime (like Sony), and position him as the Iron Man of the new universe; and I think that'd be key.
They had a reset

It's such an excuse for writers now to be like.....we don;t know where to go but they would with a reset?

Like the major characters left the MCU and haven't seen anything besides Werewolf that really is exciting when there should be tonssssssss of things to go over.

The writers can start now and show they can handle all this but....I have zero faith. Justice League Unlimited shows that a good stories can revolve around any heros but the MCU just has nothing interesting to say....so they start over and magically that will make it good again?

Kevin would need to leave the next MCU for me to think it really is a real restart anyway.

Just my two cents, if they reset....I'm not that interested if Secret wars is trash....so I hope they start trying again soon because at this point it's feeling the MCU was a fluke that happened and can't ever be remade with how Studios control these films....it's why the Monster Universe never worked at Universal and why WB the two times it tried to make the DCU something failed....they have no idea how to tell good stories and have too many notes on films.

Reactions: GA-MBIT