Avengers: Secret Wars | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers: Secret Wars

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A Mutant/F4-focused reboot would work incredibly well. It makes me wonder if they expect the challenges they’re having with Blade to extend into all of the Dark Marvel ideas they have.

And… well… Kang. If you’re gonna start from scratch, the time-based villain is exactly the route to go.

Recently part of the soft reboot teased by Feige hinted at bringing the original Avengers back. I personally hope they don't go in that direction as I would prefer they focus on a younger generation of Avengers first and foremost while also implementing. X-Men and Sony. Also they need to figure out how to not make everything as connected. It makes it a chore for those like me who tuned out post Endgame to catch up again for Secret Wars.

Catching up with industry insiders last night ... and it seems the announced Avengers movies were already being rethought even before this month.

I personally would rather see X-Men brought into MCU as soon as possible

A few things:

1. Sneider's generally a good source with good sources (in the sense that when he reports a rumor, you can trust it's something he's been told by somebody with knowledge of the inner workings going on).
2. Without having completed screenplays, much less having shot the movie(s), it's a reach to project out exactly what the running time(s) will be.
3. Even if we accept the report as accurate, it's essentially the same playbook as INFINITY WAR and ENDGAME (two huge films that are each one half of a large story with a year-long wait in between). So nothing particularly new or out of character for Marvel.

So 3 Avengers films with the "kang" one?
I think it's still just two AVENGERS movies, and I believe the plan was always for KANG DYNASTY to lead directly into SECRET WARS in the same way INFINITY WAR led into ENDGAME.

The change now (if reports are true) is simply that the title KANG DYNASTY has been dropped, and the story may be reconfigured to reduce (or outright eliminate) Kang's function in that story.

Reactions: Jerroddragon